Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15802 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2016, 02:27:35 am »

Double-post ho!

Spoiler: Inquisitorial Doodles (click to show/hide)

I drew Kalta and Chalchuitlicu. Plus the caravan-village and the crashed Space Hulk in the distance.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2016, 03:32:08 am »

Let me be the first to say; that is awesome.
brb making description

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2016, 06:43:14 am »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2016, 06:43:40 am »

Yes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2016, 10:05:37 am »

That's a nice drawing indeed.

@Cheesecake: Did you take in account Chacamatchalit's strength bonus with the sword attack? And what is that damage reduction bit underneath the actual damage?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

Sorry, I mixed up the cover rules for XCOM's psionics and DH's psionics.

Also, Telekinetic Control seems to be either very cool or nearly-useless, depending on whether or not it can affect things like vital organs, guns, tank controls (while said tank is being piloted), the triggers on grenades that are being carried by enemies, etc. It lacks a clause that forbids you from using it on attended items, so I think it can.

Were more Psychic Powers and disciplines added in expansions?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:08:40 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2016, 05:44:34 pm »

I wouldn't count eyes as "objects", as they're part of a person. And, if nothing else, you'd rip out one at a time, since you only grasp a single object. As for things like tank controls, you'd have to be able to have line of sight. This would also block vital organs, incidentally, even if it is ruled eyes can be affected.

Grenade pins and the like, sure, I don't see why not, but they're pretty damn small and hard to spot in the chaos of battle. So perhaps.

To me, it looks like Telekinetic Control was meant to a subtle way of moving things rather than an attack - utility rather than combat.
"With invisible fingers perhaps only betrayed with frosted rime or whispered breezes, few can notice his subtle manipulations."

But I'm not cheesecake, so I suppose we will see.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2016, 06:01:37 pm »

@ATHATH: You can't use those two psychic powers in a single turn.
Quote from: Page 218
Characters can only take one action with the Attack subtype and one action with the Concentration subtype during their turn. They can still take Reactions with the Concentration or Attack subtype during the same round, since this does not happen during their turn. Note that sustaining psychic powers (most of which have the Concentration subtype) does not count as taking actions.

Also, an eye is attached to something, it isn't free to be taken. I don't think it'd be that easy since the owner is moving and there's a resistance to being yanked out. The powers have certain common sense limiters so they aren't all-powerful.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 08:01:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2016, 06:04:12 pm »

@Cheesecake: Did you take in account Chacamatchalit's strength bonus with the sword attack? And what is that damage reduction bit underneath the actual damage?

Whoops, nope. I just saw a flat 1d10 damage so I assumed only heavier melee weapons like hammers would have a strength bonus. But you're right, and it makes a lot more sense :P

Were more Psychic Powers and disciplines added in expansions?

I don't think so. Maybe in Enemies Beyond? I don't have that book so I'm not sure.

But I'm not cheesecake, so I suppose we will see.

Yeah, Telekinetic Control is meant for sneaky, subtle situations. But, I will allow it to move things on the bodies of persons, including eyes, as long as you have direct line-of-sight.

NINJA'd: And what Caellath said :P
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2016, 06:07:41 pm »

That should give me an extra... 4 damage done, I believe?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2016, 06:16:28 pm »

Yup. As for the eye thing, I'll rule it that you're just twisting his eye inside his sockets.
Dying of laughter?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2016, 07:07:42 pm »

What actions can I take other than attacking?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2016, 07:23:10 pm »

If you stick with Assail, you can still do either an Aim action after to get +10 to BS or WS on your next turn, or a Guarded Action so you get +10 to evasion.
Dying of laughter?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2016, 07:55:31 pm »

If you stick with Assail, you can still do either an Aim action after to get +10 to BS or WS on your next turn, or a Guarded Action so you get +10 to evasion.
Does Assail use Ballistic or Weapon Skill to aim, or does it just automatically hit if I succeed on my Focus roll?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2016, 08:09:15 pm »

Psychic powers usually succeed when the Focus roll works and the enemy doesn't avoid them, and though the way of avoiding them varies there's always a way. Using telekinetic powers offensively - usually pushing people - is opposed by Strength or Toughness, while Telepathy is opposed by Willpower and Bolts are dodged normally (or with Willpower if you have Deny the Witch).
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18