Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15858 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (Interest Check)
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2016, 12:26:24 am »

Ok, I think I'm set now. I've made all of the needed choices, I just need help calculating.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2016, 01:21:27 am »

@ATATH:
Initiative: 1d10+2
Movement: 2/4/6/12
Max Weights: 27/54/108

Divination: Thought begets Heresy. Reduce this character's Intelligence characteristic by 3. The first time he would gain 1 or more Corruption points each session, he reduces that amount by 1 (to a minimum of 0) instead.

Wounds: 7+1
Fate: (9) 4 Fate points.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »

Ouch. That Divination is really bad for where I plan to advance to, and I think I won't qualify for Infused Knowledge at the beginning of the game if I have it.

Can I re-roll it by burning a Fate Point or something?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 04:28:45 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2016, 03:03:53 pm »

Actually, that reminds me - when will we regain fate points and the like, or mine and ATHATH's divination reset?
Basically, how long is a 'session'?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2016, 03:05:29 pm »

Actually...

Could I spend 3 more of my point-buy points (taking them off of Toughness or something) to bring my Intelligence back up to 40? That would then make it quite good for me, because I don't seem to have much anti-corruption stuff yet.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2016, 06:25:43 pm »

Actually, that reminds me - when will we regain fate points and the like, or mine and ATHATH's divination reset?
Basically, how long is a 'session'?

Fate points will reset next Sunday, regardless of how frequent the game updates.

Actually...

Could I spend 3 more of my point-buy points (taking them off of Toughness or something) to bring my Intelligence back up to 40? That would then make it quite good for me, because I don't seem to have much anti-corruption stuff yet.

Yes, do this. As soon as your done I can start writing up the OP.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2016, 06:43:52 pm »

Ok, I've updated my sheet.

Do you have stat blocks for the laspistol, whip, and light flak vest that I can copy into the equipment section of my character sheet?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2016, 06:49:34 pm »

Laspistol Pistol 30m S/2/– 1d10+2 E 0 30 Half Reliable 1.5kg Common

Whip Melee 3m 1d10 R 0 Flexible, Primitive (6) 2kg Average

Light Flak Cloak Arms, Body, Legs 2 55 4 kg Scarce
Dying of laughter?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2016, 07:00:12 pm »

I've added that, and I think I'm finally done with character creation!

What tends to be the rate of XP gain in Dark Heresy?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2016, 07:01:03 pm »

Depends on the length of the campaign, usually.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2016, 11:22:12 pm »

IC thread is up!

Side note: I changed the dungeon from a palace to something cooler: a crashed Space Hulk :P
Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2016, 12:36:52 am »

It's worth pointing out Blanks are usually portrayed as the "step up" from Untouchables and that not everyone knows how they work. Most of the group will just feel queasy towards our resident near-soulless person.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2016, 02:44:55 am »

It's worth pointing out Blanks are usually portrayed as the "step up" from Untouchables and that not everyone knows how they work. Most of the group will just feel queasy towards our resident near-soulless person.
Oh. Should I be referring to the Copper Eagle as a Blank or an Untouchable?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2016, 06:05:08 pm »

There is an OOC thread for your in brackets stuff, ATHATH. :v
Half tempted to read it as Deacon actually saying that stuff.

Oh. Should I be referring to the Copper Eagle as a Blank or an Untouchable?
I doubt it really matters. Either way, Chalchu would appear as something terribly unnatural to the psyker.

Also, saying you summon demons, accidentally or no, is a good way to end up dead, as a note.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2016, 06:08:41 pm »

Yeah. I considered having Kalta pull the long-las on him when he said that, but thought you might not be aware that that sort of thing tends to lead to death.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18