Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (OOC)  (Read 15843 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Darkest Heresy (DH II PbP) (Interest Check)
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2016, 10:19:44 pm »

Perhaps if you want to keep the link to the inquisitor, he could have been investigating a cult started by her father, and discovered her there and after finishing his work sent her to the Scholastica Psykana, and when it came time for her to leave the school for further training in the field, he requested her?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2016, 10:38:39 pm »

Perhaps if you want to keep the link to the inquisitor, he could have been investigating a cult started by her father, and discovered her there and after finishing his work sent her to the Scholastica Psykana, and when it came time for her to leave the school for further training in the field, he requested her?
That's a good idea so let's make it like this at 6 Echos mother grew ill becuase her father had fallen to chaos and become a follower of nurgle her mother died at 8 and Echo realized she was a psyker at 9 and at 10 she discovered her father was a chaos worshipper and she was forced to be among them for a week installing heretical beliefs before an inquistor shoot her father to death and destroyed the cult during his investigation and then after throughly interrogating her echo barely managed to hide  her hertical beliefs but was discovered to be a psyker and was sent to be trained and the planet she left was overwhelmed by deamons and had to be destroyed  due to a unsanctioned psyker summoning deamons she was after her training recommend for our current group.
Sound better?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2016, 10:39:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before we get into psychic powers, you'll need to assign your 60 points into your characteristics, not going over 40. I suggest maxing your Willpower to 40, and adding the rest to whatever you want. Except Influence.

Also, your Skills and Talents will have choices. Pick one or the other.

After that, tell me what discipline of Psychic powers you want to get powers from. Biomancy, Divination, Pyromancy, Telekinesis, or Telepathy.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2016, 10:44:57 pm »

GM still has to decide if it's fine.

But I'm pretty sure that if she still had the heretic beliefs, she'd be possessed. She'd have a chance if those had gotten knocked out of her in the Scholastica Psykana. Even if she isn't possessed, 10 to 1 odds that any and all party members will shoot her in the face if they learn of those beliefs.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2016, 11:03:16 pm »

I added 60 to the points that were there so i did that right right
Added those skill things right
Telepathy
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:20:51 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2016, 11:07:36 pm »

You and MNiI should also get things from the Armory, Chapter V. You get an amount equal to your Inf bonus, so 2 items of Scarce rarity or better.
Already did that. I picked up a Medicae Mechadendrite and a suit of Imperial Guard Flak Armor. I'm still working on an excuse for the armor.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2016, 11:16:49 pm »

I added 60 to the points that were there so i did that right right?

The stats can't go over 40 points. Now you need to pick which skills and talents you get. Example: Deceive OR Interrogation. You get either skill you want.

You and MNiI should also get things from the Armory, Chapter V. You get an amount equal to your Inf bonus, so 2 items of Scarce rarity or better.
Already did that. I picked up a Medicae Mechadendrite and a suit of Imperial Guard Flak Armor. I'm still working on an excuse for the armor.

Alrighty then. :p

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2016, 01:05:29 am »

Gah!

I had everything nice and set up, and my laptop ran out of power. I'll let it charge overnight, then put up my sheet tomorrow.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2016, 07:25:24 am »

My character is from a Forge World. Maybe he got assigned as one of the regiment's tech-priests?
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2016, 01:12:16 pm »

My sheet will be posted tomorrow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2016, 02:47:23 pm »

I've been doing some deep wiki dives, and have found the Genetors, high ranking Tech-Priests with a focus on biology. With your OK, Cheesecake, I'd like to be on the track to be a Genetor.
My character is from a Forge World. Maybe he got assigned as one of the regiment's tech-priests?
That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Spoiler: Skeleton of backstory (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2016, 07:35:22 pm »

What does the strong minded talent do?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2016, 10:34:25 pm »

Strong Minded
Tier: 2
Prerequisites: Resistance (Psychic Powers), Willpower 30
Aptitudes: Willpower, Defence
The Acolyte’s mind acts as a fortress against psychic attacks. He can re-roll failed Willpower tests to resist any psychic powers that affect his mind. This talent does not affect psychic powers that have a physical effect, such as Smite or Assail.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2016, 11:24:55 pm »

That's good. You still need to choose either Resistance (Psychic Powers) or Warp Sense; either would be a good choice. Moving on, pick a tree to buy psychic powers from: Biomancy, Pyromancy, Divination, Telekinesis, or Telepathy. You also have the option to increase your Psy Rating from 2 to 3 for 600 EXP.

Gah!

I had everything nice and set up, and my laptop ran out of power. I'll let it charge overnight, then put up my sheet tomorrow.
My sheet will be posted tomorrow.

No rush. ;)

I've been doing some deep wiki dives, and have found the Genetors, high ranking Tech-Priests with a focus on biology. With your OK, Cheesecake, I'd like to be on the track to be a Genetor.

Magos Biologis tech-priest it is!

Dying of laughter?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2016, 11:37:36 pm »

Magos is a bit too high up the hierarchy.

Also, how are we looking in terms of specialties? I was considering either a gunslinger or a melee-and-flame duelist.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18