Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: [Finished] Just a Normal Day in a Dwarven Fortress and then the World RTD  (Read 26395 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Normal Day in a Dwarven Fortress and then the World RTD
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 05:47:02 am »

Claim The Location as a Lair.
[6] Murder Oak decides to rightfully claim the Fortress as his lair, having cleaned the place.
Then out of nowhere, a Voice congratulates Murder Oak :"Congratulations Murder Oak. You exceeded all my expectations. Let me lend you a gift, I'm sure you will use it...wisely."

From the shadow appear four elephantine warriors clad in black metal armor and wielding black metal great axes. Each of them are carrying a piece of black metal equipment, fitted for him.

"A last test though, as good measure. Heheheheh..." add the Voice.

A shadowy clone of Murder Oak rises from the darkness, and jumps at him !

Give catastrophy a test, send him forth to a a dwarf fort t raid for weapons and to bathe in  blood.
Send Tsiru back down to a fort with one order: KILL FOR ME

[6] Urist orders her Catastrophe of Insanity the following :"Go forth my servant ! Fly to the nearest Dwarven Forteress, and taint it in blood and bring me their weapons !"
The creature answers with a telepathic voice :"So be it my master. I shall bring your doom to all the fortresses of this world."
The Catastrophe takes flight and depart for the nearest fortress, bent on wiping all of them from the face of the world...

[4] Urist points at Tsiru and orders with a powerful voice :"GO TO A FORT AND KILL FOR ME"
Just before the Catastrophe of Insanity takes flight, Tsiru jumps on it, ready to slaughter all living beings of the nearest fort...

Fly away from this cursed place and gather a horde of goblins. Even humans would suffice. Then search for the kobold skullkicker - with an ARMY!
[5] Song don't wait a second before leaving the cursed fort. He heads toward his ancient home, Crystaldoom, the Slade Spire raised by the one-eyed tortoise demon Tuth.
Once there, Song begins to recruit troops for his quest of vengeance. Awed by his powerful form, goblins and humans alike submit immediately to Song's will. Hearing of this, Tuth reveals himself and swiftly challenges Song, refusing to believe his newfound might.

"Miserable. You are my servant !" yell the demon while launching a powerful punch toward Song's face.

Unfazed, Song stop the punch dead in its tracks. Looking at the stunned demon with eyes burning with eternal hatred, he says :

"I am not your servant anymore."

Crushed by the tremendous power of the blood red demon, Tuth kneels and bow to Song. With a trembling voice, he says :

"What will be your orders, Master ?"

You are now the Master of the Tarnished Evils, ruling from Crystaldoom.

Gather six other FBs and embark on a volcano.
[4] Ezor, enlightened by his experience in Copperbucket goes on a search for his forgotten brethren. Deep in the dark underground, he manages to assemble a team of four other Forgotten Beasts.
Galelbora, an eyeless alligator with a gaunt appearance. Beware its fire !
Ukerokol, a blob of water.
Nëb, an humanoid of vomit.
Nekutemen, a platinum spider with a curved horn. Beware its webs !

[2] Together they head toward a volcano to settle, but they get kinda lost on the way.
"I thought we had to turn right after the third underground lake, my bad" apologized Nëb.
"No worry mate, everyone makes mistakes." reassured Ukerokol to his pal.

While waiting for the eggs to hatch, use the adamantine and steel to make masterwork armor and weaponry! Muahahaah!
[6] Keeltheen manages to get out of the mass of eggs. Using the adamantine and steel he borrowed to the fortress, he began working on a set of armor and weaponry that would amaze the gods themselves.
Working for days on his masterpiece, he emerges victorious, having consumed all the adamantine and steel. But what he created wasn't an armor, oh no. He fused the steel and adamantine in his own body, turning itself in a living kobold of steel and adamantine.

Keeltheen Underthal is a kobold master kicker. His bones, nails and teeth are reinforced with steel and adamantine. Adamantine is masterfully sewn into his skin. Beware his powerful kicks !

Drown the being in a torrent of undead escape into the realm of the gods.
[6] Channeling the powers of necromancy, Innock brings forth the countless corpses buried under the once tall tower and manipulates them to drown the magma beings ! A gigantic tidal wave of flesh and bones come crashing on the magma sea, destroying the whole magma army.
The feat was so much for Innock that she feels her power weakening. She don't have anymore power left to reach the realm of the gods.
[2] Furthermore, she doesn't know how to get to the realm of the gods.

Spoiler: Dead Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:16:08 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 05:47:52 am »

((Okay. This turn was a literal rain of 5 and 6. It was a lot of crazy fun.)) 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:53:38 am by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 06:05:49 am »

Smash it with A single Blow to the head!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 06:11:07 am »

Song remembers his quest: to go and kill Keeltheen Underthal, Kobold Master Kicker, that's already vanished twenty eight in his lust for treasure and destruction!

"Alright, then. Here I come, KOBOLD!"

Rally my forces under unholy banners and scourge the world in search of my archenemy! Raze a few cities, if unsuccessful.

((If we battle, you'll probably want to roll two or three battle rolls to resolve a conflict of several thousand creatures fighting against each other. If small kobolds mature by this point of time, of course.))
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:20:45 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 08:15:20 am »

((I'm a being composed of adamantine and steel. Your petty armies cannot defeat me.))

Ensure that all my children hatch. When they do, educate them in the ways of war, and prepare for conquest.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Just a Normal Day in a Dwarven Fortress RTD
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 09:39:18 am »

Realizing that his normal battering was not going to cut it, Tsiru flips his warhammer so that the handle of it (which I think is also adamantine) is to the dwarf kid. He lunges at the dwarf and attempts to skewer them on the handle before the horror summoned kills him!
(What, you think it's not valid? He told me to kill!)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 09:43:26 am »

Keep going to the volcano. Gather a few more FBs on the way, if I can.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 09:44:14 am »

if catastrophy does well give some of the weapons and armor to the 'bolds
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »

Realizing that his normal battering was not going to cut it, Tsiru flips his warhammer so that the handle of it (which I think is also adamantine) is to the dwarf kid. He lunges at the dwarf and attempts to skewer them on the handle before the horror summoned kills him!
(What, you think it's not valid? He told me to kill!)
((Ah sorry ! I thought you would like to resist or accept or something. My bad !))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 12:14:20 pm »

Give catastrophy a test, send him forth to a a dwarf fort t raid for weapons and to bathe in  blood.
Send Tsiru back down to a fort with one order: KILL FOR ME

[4] Urist points at Tsiru and orders with a powerful voice :"GO TO A FORT AND KILL FOR ME"
Just before the Catastrophe of Insanity takes flight, Tsiru jumps on it, ready to slaughter all living beings of the nearest fort...

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:17:09 pm by Nakéen »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 12:30:00 pm »

absorb power from the collective hopes of the dwarves show up in realm of gods anyway.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2016, 11:21:55 pm »

Spoiler: Turn Summary (click to show/hide)

Player Turn :

Smash it with A single Blow to the head!
[4] vs [3] Murder Oak smashes the shadow double's head. The double fails to dodge the blow and stumble backward !

Song remembers his quest: to go and kill Keeltheen Underthal, Kobold Master Kicker, that's already vanished twenty eight in his lust for treasure and destruction!

"Alright, then. Here I come, KOBOLD!"

Rally my forces under unholy banners and scourge the world in search of my archenemy! Raze a few cities, if unsuccessful.
[6] Under the banner of Song Burnrage, the now united armies of the Tarnished Evils march toward all the known kobold inhabited sites.
Along their warpath, cities are burned and innocents slaughtered. Destruction and death pave their wake.
So terrible are the atrocities committed that some insurgent members of Song's forces grow fearful. Are they going to far in their evil ways ? What will happen to the world if this folly isn't stopped ?

And in the shadow, rebels born from the very armies of Burnrage rise...

Ensure that all my children hatch. When they do, educate them in the ways of war, and prepare for conquest.
[1] Under the care of Keeltheen, all the eggs eventually hatch. But an unforeseen tragedy occur : all the kobold's offspring are afflicted by a mysterious mental disease. They are even dumber than rocks, and even more worthless than dwarven children !

To add insult into injury, their cries garner the attention of some goblins elite scout, unbeknownst to Keeltheen...

Keep going to the volcano. Gather a few more FBs on the way, if I can.
[2] "No no no, we have to continue forward and turn right after the adamantine pillar !" claims Galelbora.
"What the hell Gal, I lived in the Ancestral Dune underground longer than you ! I was there in a time before time duh ! We must obviously follow the nether cap forest and go up after the crundle nest !" retorts Nekutemen.
Ezor is confused, Nëb is facepalming and Ukerolol is waiting in the background. They are lost, and their constant bickering don't help.
[4] Attracted by the disputes, two Forgotten Beasts appear. Utur the lidless crane and Tobullikot the amethyst dimetrodon.
"Oh ! If that isn't Ezor !" shouts Utur. Ezor explains their situation, and Utur gleefully adds :"The nearest volcano ? We just came back from their ! Want us to show you the way ?"

if catastrophy does well give some of the weapons and armor to the 'bolds
[4] Somewhere far from Copperbucket, the Catastrophe of Insanity is spreading chaos. Already 3 fortresses have fallen to the beast. And it shows no sign of stopping.

In the meantime, Urist is waiting for the Catastrophe. What is taking it so long ?

Tristu has been ordered to kill : [2] Tristu lands with the Catastrophe in a nearby dwarven fortress. Unfortunately he is but a simple human, and don't even manage to kill a soul before the Catastrophe destroys the whole place in a flash.

absorb power from the collective hopes of the dwarves show up in realm of gods anyway.
[5] ((whaaat))
The world is in turmoil. Death, chaos, destruction and insanity are spreading. The looming shadow of war threaten to engulf the land and kill all its inhabitants.
But from this dark sea of madness, countless stars of hope shine brightly : the prayers of the oppressed calling for a saviour rise and gather around Innock. A huge column of light pierce the sky and from its base, a shining white and gold snake goddess with feathered wings arise.

Innock, Serpentine Goddess of Hope has risen. Her white and gold scales shine brightly. She has magnificent feathered wings. She emanates an aura of hope and goodness.

[2] With her newfound powers, Innock opens a portal toward the godly realm. But the deities won't stay inactive in face of such a threat. With their might combined, they overpower Innock and close the portal.

...Let's spice the game a little more.
World Turn:
Gods of Death : [1] The Gods of Death, laughing at the weakness of Innock decide to smite her once for all ! Combining once more their deadly power, they shot a beam of pure energy descending from the sky !
But Innock, fueled with the hopes of the people, manage to instead absorb the energy blast.

Murder Oak Shadow Clone : [1] The Clone stands back up and try to land a hit on Murder Oak. A sudden punch pulverizes his head, blasting it into smithereens.

The 4 elephantine warriors kneel before their new Lord, and offer them respectfully the armor suit and great axe.

Rebellious Forces : [5] Tosno is a weak goblin. Even his name means "weakness". He was always different, and always tormented by his fellows. But what Tosno had and that many other goblins didn't have was courage.
Witnessing the result of Song Burnrage campaign, he revolted. Speaking to his fellows, he convinced them of their wrong ways.

"If we don't act, the world will die. There is no future for us if we follow Song Burnrage !" claimed Tosno.

And thus, the great army of Burnrage was split in two. And began fighting amongst itself...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 12:31:50 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2016, 11:24:38 pm »

Okay, doing some minor changes to the "game".

1) There will now be the "Player Turn" and the "World Turn". This part is rather self-explanatory.
2) In the case of dynamic duel-style combat, I will make quick updates.
3) Large scale battles will take more than one turn

Also, some precisions concerning when I post updates :
-I will make an update every 24h, if at least one player stated its action.
-I will post an update as soon as possible once every player has stated their actions.

Is it fine with everyone ?

(Oh and the "initial day" has ended since a moment)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:59:26 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2016, 12:00:32 am »

Educate my offspring and care for them as best I can. I am a nurturing father... mother? Check that out, I've never bothered to...

If I am attacked, kick the shit out of my foes. Go into a powerful rage if they harm my offspring.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:47:35 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2016, 12:05:35 am »

Follow them to the volcano. Pick up even more friends on the way, if I can.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18