Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how would you handle it?  (Read 1139 times)

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
how would you handle it?
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:38:19 pm »

bay12: dwarves are crazy
no there not!
How would you handle...
a werefort

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: how would you handle it?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:50:02 am »

Is a werefort a single or multi-tile creature? This could end badly.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:52:37 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:10:24 pm »

The main issue is that were-beasts are building destroyers.  Production would crawl to a halt not due to lost time spent as a beast, but due to constantly having to rebuild workshops and furniture after your fort experiences that "certain time of the month."  Dwarves would also waste time having to pick up all their clothes/equipment after a transformation. 

The best way to do a were-fort is to just make a were-military. You can designate a barracks from a single piece of furniture, then wall it in to protect it.  They'll still train.  Then keep these military squads locked away from the rest of your fort.  If you need to move new ammo/equipment in, do it via airlocks (stockpile between a pair of bridges).  Everyone that isn't a soldier will remain uninfected.  This includes all your artisans and haulers.  You can also make your miners werebeasts and collect the stone via minecarts and pressure plates. 

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 12:03:01 pm »

I like Bumber's interpretation.

A werefort is a Dwarf that occasionally turns into a fortress.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 12:29:40 pm »

Sometimes my English can be off, but is it just me, or does anyone else have a very hard time trying to figure out what this thread even is?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 04:59:44 pm »

I would imagine a werefort would cause some serious FPS issues, if it's anything like a normal fortress.

. . . sudden desire to make a fortress twisted into humanoid form, with glowing eyes. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 05:25:22 pm »

How about a fortress full of wereforts?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »

Sometimes my English can be off, but is it just me, or does anyone else have a very hard time trying to figure out what this thread even is?
Well, the original post is fairly nonsensical. It makes a statement that relates Bay12 (Games? Forum?) to crazy dwarves. It then contradicts the "crazy dwarves" claim, without any substantiative proof or anecdotes (stories.) The post then goes off on a tangent, asking how an overseer might deal with a werefort*. The prose is terrible. The author's style is self-indulgent.

*Typically understood to mean a fortress composed entirely of werebeast-infected dwarves, but is interpreted to be a new type of werebeast for my amusement.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:02:34 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »

Well, the original post is fairly nonsensical. It makes a statement that relates Bay12 (Games? Forum?) to crazy dwarves. It then contradicts the "crazy dwarves" claim, without any substantiative proof or anecdotes (stories.) The post then goes off on a tangent, asking how an overseer might deal with a werefort*. The prose is terrible. The author's style is self-indulgent.

*Typically understood to mean a fortress composed entirely of werebeast-infected dwarves, but is interpreted to be a new type of werebeast for my amusement.

Oh!

Huh. I thought maybe he was trying extra hard to rhyme fort and not in a poem, just using the first two lines as a way to introduce rhyme theme for a question about wereforts* (maybe explaining why the first two lines seem irrelevant to last the two).