Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Kill a Dragon  (Read 4402 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Kill a Dragon
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 12:23:20 pm »

Rename the town to "Recently-Attacked-By-A-Dragonopolis"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 04:26:40 pm »

Run up the dragon's backside then sit daintily on its head. Pet it gently and happily.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 07:24:01 pm »

Tut impatiently at the murderers and assure my dragon that everything is fine while petting its neck gently.
[2] Panicking, the dragon flailed at its would-be saviour, who only just managed to step out of the way.

Keep dancing furiously to the rhythm of our battle song
[6] As the battle progressed, the dancer's footsteps became furious—and then they just turned into stomps. Stomps heavy enough to collapse part of the roof, apparently: the two dancers fell through to the next floor. The rest of the roof didn't seem likely to last long, either, what with the dragon and all.

...raise the town

The dragon's building new infrastructure for the town?  That doesn't sound too bad.  Unless you mean it is raising the town into the sky with its power and killing it would cause the town to drop.  In either case, protect the dragon
[4] Realizing that the dragon's intentions were noble, the one true hero rose to protect the dragon, acting as a human shield.

[3] Struggling as hard as it could, the dragon managed to escape, clawing the Mad Choker as it did so. Still, it was weakened; its sore neck made it reluctant to breathe fire

Taste my blood then kick that dragon to Holy Hell with my enormous metal boots.
[4] Wounded as he was, the serial killer wasn't out of the fight yet; tasting blood, he threw a kick at the dragon—but it was intercepted by another rooftop warrior! He was sent sprawling by the blow, but he was happy to have saved the dragon—and, with it, the city's future infrastructure.

slice it's wings to ribbons to prevent escape.
[6] Another villain uses a sharp instrument to carve the dragon's wings into ribbons. Being a professional ribbon-maker—and thus out of a job, with the city so far from the holidays—he takes care to preserve function with the new form, keeping the wings as aerodynamic as ever, or perhaps even more so.

Impersonate the dragon god and make the dragon yield
[6] Out of nowhere, the dragon god descended from the heav—well, okay, he ascended from the stairs, having recently fallen. He probably wasn't the real dragon god, despite his rambling proclamations, since he was struck immediately by a lightning bolt.

Cling to its belly like a baby koala. Unlike said baby koala, start ripping scales off.
[4] The Koala Killer, another escaped madman, attempted to inflict his preferred demise upon the dragon, but it turned out that dragon scales are actually pretty tough. He managed to rip off a couple, but the dragon barely even noticed.

Scold everyone else for hurting the poor dragon
[6] A pacifist scolded the rest of the rooftop for attacking the dragon. Seemingly innocuous, this action actually left its performer open to legal fallout, under the Scolding During Lethal Engagements Act of '98.

Rename the town to "Recently-Attacked-By-A-Dragonopolis"
[5] The mayor, who happened to be watching from the next floor down, heard the proposal. Agreeing, he called his secretary, who changed the town's official name—without even calling a meeting! The repercussions of this flagrant abuse of authority wouldn't be seen for a while, but they were, perhaps, more severe than those of the dragon's arrival.

Run up the dragon's backside then sit daintily on its head. Pet it gently and happily.
[2] The dragon swiped at another figure on the now-crowded rooftop, who had gotten a bit too close for comfort. He resolved to practice his parkour skills somewhere else.

[4] The dragon, feeling hurt and betrayed, lashed out at its most memorable attacker. The Mad Choker's head was torn clear off—but then, he'd have faced the death penalty anyway, had he been caught, so it probably didn't matter.

The dragon was feeling betrayed. It had a sore throat, but that was fading. What did you do?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 07:26:31 pm »

Step away and promise the dragon everything will be okay.
Black lives matter.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 07:29:53 pm »

If still alive, absorb the power of the lightning bolt and discharge it against the dragon using my never mentioned magic powerz

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 07:31:21 pm »

Cast healing magic on the dragon
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »

Walk up the stairs and resume dancing so hard that strong winds begin whirling around me

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 07:38:17 pm »

Drew My ShotDra-Gun, and Started Blowing the heads off people helping or defending the Evil Beast!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 07:41:52 pm »

I begin a Dragon's Rights Movement, and thereafter crack down socially on cis, Dragonist scum via harsh words and unreasonable accusations.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Discover my inner vampire! Bite the dragon's neck and drink its delicious blood!

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 07:53:52 pm »

The dragon was feeling betrayed. It had a sore throat, but that was fading. What did you do?

Fought my way back from hell with my iron will and got serious about murdering me some dragon!
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 08:00:04 pm »

Continue to beautify the dragon, making it look more fierce and terrifying.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 08:23:58 pm »

Pull a few gold coins out of my pocket and flick them over at the dragon. Cause dragons love gold. Then, if I have not been eaten somehow, run over and hug its leg.

((I move that we should change the title of this thread to "Roll to Save a Dragon". Anyone second?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 08:29:41 pm »

(SECONDED.)
Black lives matter.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 08:53:46 pm »

((I move that we should change the title of this thread to "Roll to Save a Dragon". Anyone second?))
((No, it's part of the theme, like that game "Don't kill the cow"))
Pages: 1 [2] 3