Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42094 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2016, 12:23:41 pm »

If I am voting somebody and 2 others, I cannot know if there is scum voting or not. For all I know, it could be all three townies voting. But I know that at least one scum is voting for tempacc right now.

These freudian slips.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »

Its not worth to ~bus~ someone at this stage, IMO, even in a game as small as this one. Managing to get to day 2 with both scumbuddies intact gives a huge advantage, too big of an advantage to throw away.

The game would be over if that happened.
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:38 pm »

Obviously, bussing the godfather is out of the question. But bussing the other mafia is an option if it truly looks hopless for them. However, tempacc is definately not a hopeless case, so I think that he is town and 2 scum are voting for him.
Its not worth to ~bus~ someone at this stage, IMO, even in a game as small as this one. Managing to get to day 2 with both scumbuddies intact gives a huge advantage, too big of an advantage to throw away.
I'll agree that scum pulling a D1 gambit is indeed probably superfluous, since this game seems stacked against town as it is.

origamiscienceguy:
Okay, so should you not be lying or mistaken, these are the implications:
roo (who I assume you peg as scum already) and either Elephant Parade or myself are his possible scumbuddies. Here's the rub though: you seem satisfied with my argument against Temp, so deducing from that, that leaves roo and Elephant Parade? Except the last time you've even mentioned Elephant Parade was here:
Elephant Parade: Town. Good questions and observant.
Unless your views on Elephant Parade have changed since your reads list, you're wrong somewhere. What do you think of Elephant Parade now? 

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2016, 03:37:42 pm »

Scum can have good arguments as well. Just because I agree with something doesn't mean that they are guarenteed town. I think that it is most likely that two of you three are scum, but that means nothing to you since to you, I could very well be scum trying to protect my scumbuddy. This is really only information for me.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2016, 04:47:10 pm »

Scum can have good arguments as well. Just because I agree with something doesn't mean that they are guarenteed town. I think that it is most likely that two of you three are scum, but that means nothing to you since to you, I could very well be scum trying to protect my scumbuddy. This is really only information for me.
Well, yes. Obviously we're speaking in hypotheticals here, but it's useful to see where people's heads are. Stuff like this is the bread and butter of D2 and onwards.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2016, 04:53:49 pm »

In this setup, there really isn't much after day 1.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2016, 04:59:38 pm »

Hopefully we make it that far.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2016, 07:14:22 pm »

@osg why don't you defend temp then?
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »

Because I cannot rule out the possibility that the godfather is bussing him. I don't know, nothing is certain. Revarie makes some good points against him, but that does not make Revarie a confirmed townie or condemn Temp as a scum.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2016, 01:49:46 am »

I really didn't want to play Mafia when I got home, and... I didn't want to play Mafia for the rest of the day, either! Sorry about that.

I'll try to make a post not long after I get up, which will be ~10 hours from now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2016, 03:10:04 am »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - (0)

Not voting: Reverie, origamiscienceguy, roo, Elephant Parade

3 to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2016, 08:15:33 am »

Something has come up and I probably won't be able to get on the internet all day Saturday. I'll be back on Sunday though.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2016, 09:27:40 am »

Okay, so here's the deal. Based on what I've seen, TempAcc has only ever been on the defensive since I've pressured him and has done no appreciable scumhunting. I was going to wait until I heard why he hasn't adopted the faux-vote system before pressing on like this, but I doubt it would have changed much. I still think he's scum.

It's also pretty clear that a D1 bus for the mafia would likely be damaging to their chances, but given the small setup and the fact that there are three of us voting already, the inverse is true too. I think origamiscienceguy is TempAcc's scumbuddy. Here's why:

origamiscienceguy is the one player withholding an opinion of TempAcc, and given his apparent indecision, it feels to me like he's stuck between being unable to defend TempAcc (perhaps because OSG is the godfather and the stakes are too high), and keeping a low profile as a walking, talking mafia loss condition is wont to do. I would probably consider otherwise if his indecision led him into lines of questioning between myself and Elephant Parade (and maybe roo), but I've seen none of the sort since Elephant Parade dropped the third vote and the hammer was on the line.

Besides this, other things click into place. TempAcc's strange RVS behaviour concerning OSG makes sense in this context. Or origamiscienceguy's quick adoption of the faux-vote system, perhaps hoping to buy TempAcc more time. Or his conservative play, outside of attacking roo for bringing TempAcc close to a hammer. Am I hot or cold, OSG?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2016, 11:50:54 am »

Something has come up and I probably won't be able to get on the internet all day Saturday. I'll be back on Sunday though.
If by this you mean you'll be gone from now until Sunday, I'm fine with waiting until you get back to hear your response. No rush.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2016, 01:08:05 pm »

I really didn't want to play Mafia when I got home, and... I didn't want to play Mafia for the rest of the day, either! Sorry about that.

I'll try to make a post not long after I get up, which will be ~10 hours from now.
I still don't really want to play Mafia, but I promised a post, so here it is!

I support a TempAcc lynch. His only explanation for his near-total lack of scumhunting is "it's my playstyle", and I just don't think that a town player would play like he is in a 5-player game. Add in his unexplained refusal to use faux-votes, and he's the player I have the strongest scum read on. I'm still not entirely sure he's scum—it could actually be his playstyle, though it'd be a pretty convenient playstyle for a scum player to have, as well as one that would make a town player useless—but I don't have a really strong scum read on anyone else, and I *do* have one on him.

I'm not going to real-vote him until he posts something in his defence, though. I'd like to be entirely sure he's scum before I vote, if at all possible, and waiting for him to post is the first step towards that.

Re: OSG-Temp scumteam: It it seems possible. OSG's reluctance to vote TempAcc despite the lack of a real defence would make sense if TempAcc was the godfather, but I would have expected OSG to bus by now if he was the godfather, since TempAcc's been under fire for a while.

Also, I'm not sure that OSG's quick adoption of the faux-vote system means anything, since it makes perfect sense to use. I adopted it in my first post after its introduction, IIRC.

TempAcc: As I implied above, I'm curious as to why you aren't using faux-votes. What advantage do you gain from real votes that's significant enough to make up for the risk of quick/accidental hammers? It isn't as big a risk at this point, since everyone else is using faux-votes, but it'd still be nice if you explained.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26