Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42100 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2016, 04:29:44 pm »

Because going through the thread you haven't made a decision one way or the other.
Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2016, 04:31:55 pm »

Do you guys ever write something then come back and read it again and wonder wtf you just wrote?
I actually did mean what I said here:
TempAcc did mention that he was looking at other vengekill candidates, but while that sounds nice I can't discount that this might be misdirection—especially since he seems to latch onto the notion that I'm scum so dearly.
The original meaning could have been rephrased
TempAcc did mention that he was looking at other vengekill candidates, but while that sounds nice I can't discount that this might be misdirection—especially since I've been his only clear target up until now.
I should probably not play so much when I'm tipsy, the fuzzy-headedness is probably contagious.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2016, 06:17:04 pm »

Revarie makes good points about temp, but I do not want to vote for temp, or officially kill him because I know that a scum is voting for him. Which cannot be good.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2016, 07:31:08 pm »

My vote is still unchanged, specially now that you've jumped at such little things as strawmen and ~pretending to scumhunt~ to try as hard as possible to snipe me, which is of course very convenient for you and your partner in dweebery :v

Mind you, your argument actualy only further enforces my theories yet again. A townie doesn't know who anyone might be, so Its completely natural for me to suspect everyone, and thus prod anyone and cause people to have arguments to gain reads on people, something scum doesn't have to do nearly as much, since they already have knowledge on at least another player. Calling someone out for wishing to gain more reads through any method is kind of hilarious for a townie, but a convenient way to throw townies who can't see through that kind of hilarious tactic against others.
People are calling you out because you're not doing enough. Do you really think that passive play is a better way to build reads than active play? Let me tell you: it's (for me, at least) not. And even if it is for you, you're not helping other people build their reads. If you're a townie in a game with a mere four other players—two of them scum!—you really need to be a team player, or town has pretty much no chance of getting anything done.

If you're scumhunting, you're doing it primarily by giving vague, periodic status reports about your theories. That's not enough. Yes, you should suspect everyone, but you also need to act on your suspicions.

Oh, yeah, and you chose not to use the faux-vote system—for seemingly no reason! Since everyone else agreed to it, and it very much benefits town, you should have either used it or explained why you didn't want to.

Revarie makes good points about temp, but I do not want to vote for temp, or officially kill him because I know that a scum is voting for him. Which cannot be good.
Could you expand on this? I assume that the "scum" is roo, since you've interacted with them the most, but I might have missed something. Also, two other things:
  • TempAcc is currently the lynch candidate. Since you think he's town and mislynches are so deadly, you should be aggressively questioning the person you think is scum, or maybe explaining why you believe TempAcc to be innocent. Just saying that you "know a scum [sic] is voting for him" does little good since, for all we know, you and TempAcc could be the scumteam.
  • Bussing is a possibility, if probably a less likely one than in a normal Mafia game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2016, 08:03:41 pm »

I just know that I am scum, and 2 of you guys are scum. Therefore, at least one of you 3 must be scum.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:01 pm »

EDIT: I am town. That was a typo.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:55 pm »

EBWOP: Well, not a typo, but I was typing too fast for me to think. I meant to say town.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:26 pm »

Lmao
Or not it's cool.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2016, 09:50:25 pm »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - (0)

Not voting: Reverie, origamiscienceguy, roo, Elephant Parade

3 to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2016, 10:00:57 am »

roo:
You have a bit of a terse and abrasive playstyle, and I've not heard enough out of you, so you're the biggest enigma to me right now. I do have a few questions:
  • Your vote against TempAcc is over him waffling between his vote being random and an intent to elicit a reaction out of me. Would you have been satisfied with a lynch for this reason? Do you feel sure enough to not need to pursue it more?
  • How do you feel about the faux-vote system?
  • Have your reads changed since a few days ago? Who do you suspect besides TempAcc, if anyone?

origamiscienceguy:
I'd like to hear some more from you too.
  • You say that you are afraid of a TempAcc lynch because at least one scum is guaranteed to be voting for him (as long as I take you on your word that you're town). Would this be any different than participating in a hammer against anyone else, considering the same would be true in those cases as well?
  • How do you feel about town's chances now that we've removed the opportunity for ill-conceived hammers?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2016, 10:23:00 am »

That is one of the reasons yes. I feel as sure as I'm ever going to be. Besides temp. I am looking at osg and elephant. Currently it's like a pendulum it's swings each way every time one of them talks.

Osg idk everytime he posts it's like he ignores what I've said and goes of on a tangent and not only doesn't answer the question but almost of changes the subject. He wants to discuss more but isn't anywhere to be found. Says he is town so one of us must be scum but never comments on temp.

And elephant he might be busy it feels like he only shows up when called on. And as you pointed out his one post was bleh.

The vote system is whatever.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2016, 11:01:32 am »

If I am voting somebody and 2 others, I cannot know if there is scum voting or not. For all I know, it could be all three townies voting. But I know that at least one scum is voting for tempacc right now.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2016, 11:21:18 am »

If I am voting somebody and 2 others, I cannot know if there is scum voting or not. For all I know, it could be all three townies voting. But I know that at least one scum is voting for tempacc right now.
Whoops, I forgot you weren't voting TempAcc when I asked >___>
In that case, do you feel it is more likely said scum is bussing their scumbuddy, or pushing a mislynch? Would you consider it a plausible tactic to bus your scumbuddy on D1 in this setup, if you were in their shoes?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2016, 11:25:06 am »

Its not worth to ~bus~ someone at this stage, IMO, even in a game as small as this one. Managing to get to day 2 with both scumbuddies intact gives a huge advantage, too big of an advantage to throw away.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2016, 11:27:59 am »

Obviously, bussing the godfather is out of the question. But bussing the other mafia is an option if it truly looks hopless for them. However, tempacc is definately not a hopeless case, so I think that he is town and 2 scum are voting for him.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26