Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42078 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2016, 06:34:35 pm »

Well, it does seem I have even less reason now to back off my initial theory. At least I get to shoot down people I'm pretty sure are scum if I get hammered :v, unless either Roo or Reverie is a really misled townie.

Wait.

...Actualy, hasn't elephant parade been exceptionaly quiet today? I mean, I got called out for ~lurking~ during a quite a similar timeframe, so what gives?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2016, 06:49:18 pm »

Roo, by saying "1 more until hammer" but not doing anything to stop someone from hammeing, it makes you look eager to see the lynch happening. Almost like you wanted somebody to do the hammer, but either they weren't around or they thought of the consequences.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2016, 06:57:28 pm »

Well, it does seem I have even l less reason now to back off my initial theory. At least I get to shoot down people I'm pretty sure are scum if I get hammered :v, unless either Roo or Reverie is a really misled townie.

Wait.

...Actualy, hasn't elephant parade been exceptionaly quiet today? I mean, I got called out for ~lurking~ during a quite a similar timeframe, so what gives?
I got home three minutes ago.

Faux-voting makes perfect sense, and I support it.

I skimmed through today's posts—I'll give them a proper read over the next half-hour.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »

Osg your arguments ignore reality.
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2016, 08:40:53 pm »

Unvote.

TempAcc: You could have at least checked my profile page, and maybe my recent posts. Had you done so, you would have found that I haven't been active today, except maybe in the early morning. The fact that you didn't tells me that you're less interested in finding scum, and more interested in diverting attention.

It's also possible that you were just lazy, of course, but you really should have checked. It's one click to see if I'm online, and another few to see if I've been posting.

Fake-edit: Looking through the recent posts again, I found that you couldn't have been trying to divert any attention—unless roo's your scumbuddy, and I notice that you haven't commented on the L-1 post, despite being the one at L-1—since the attention wasn't on you in the first place. I guess it's more likely that you were just being lazy, then.

I'm willing to do that.
Unvote
roo

But let's do it in blue since that is the color most typically used.
If faux-voting is a full replacement for regular voting, it should be in green so we can still FoS. Remember, you only get one vote at a time!

So tl;dr basically I don't believe temps account.

He said that his vote was random and nonsensical but has a "abstract" reason. But it is totally random.

The abstract reason was seeing how reverie would react or act.

Originally I thought the vote was random then it was revealed that it wasn't. I thought oh okay it was a reaction test of sorts. But it was revealed by temp that it wasn't a reaction test and holds to his stance that it was random. It's just a lot of spin.

tempacc

That is -1 btw
This is pretty shady. I mean, pressure voting and all, but you shouldn't put somebody at -1 in a hammer-based game without a really good reason. You were clearly aware that it was -1, too, since you mentioned it in your post.

Roo, by saying "1 more until hammer" but not doing anything to stop someone from hammeing, it makes you look eager to see the lynch happening. Almost like you wanted somebody to do the hammer, but either they weren't around or they thought of the consequences.
Uh, if roo wanted to say "hey, scumbuddy, lynch this dude", wouldn't he have used their scumchat? Unless you're saying that he was trying to tempt a townie into lynching, which is possible, I guess, though I can't see it working.

I find the L-1 comment suspicious because it shows he knew what he was doing, but I'm not sure it means anything beyond that.

I put forward the motion that we discuss organising a hammer once we reach three faux votes on a player. All in favour?
Agreed. I think that the discussion should last at least 24 hours, though, since people are likely going to be more casual with "fake" votes than real ones.

You just put a second vote on someone. 3 votes is to hammer. That means that all it would take is one vote from a scum to end this day prematurely. Assuming tempacc is town, his vengekill would prrobably go on the hammerer, but we would have no way of knowing for sure. Either way, the scum would live on to day 2, and town would not have learned anything. So I was voting you because getting someone close to a hammer is not a town action to do.

I am fully aware of how many people it takes to hammer somebody osg. I said -1. As in it takes one more person to hammer.

My supposedly non-town action is not deferring to forum culture on how a game should be played. What do you wanna talk about osg? Do you disagree with rev and me? If so why? You haven't said anything. Even here you say "Assuming temp is town". Wtf? You are a fucking omnishambles right now and have zero clue about what is going on. And you want to dictate how I play and when I can vote?

Was my vote not optimal? If so why not? Does my vote not achieve discussion pressure and having the hammer be absolutely certain of their choice? Putting someone at -2 pushes the game forward vastly.

Don't talk to me about voting for supposedly attempting to end the day prematurely. Back to this in a bit. That vote was terrible. Now how did you know it would end the day and not the game?
That's a really interesting argument, though I'm not sure I agree; whether it's a good argument is of secondary importance to the argument's honesty, though. I can see this being an honest attempt to stir up activity, especially since the last couple of days have been slow.

Still, the L-1 post could also have been an attempted quickhammer, like OSG suggested.

roo: Do you still think that putting TempAcc at L-1 was worth it? In a similar situation, would you do so [put a player at L-1] again, even knowing that doing so is against Mafia etiquette, and thus likely to disrupt the game?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 09:19:21 am »

Elephant Parade:
Unvote.

TempAcc: You could have at least checked my profile page, and maybe my recent posts. Had you done so, you would have found that I haven't been active today, except maybe in the early morning. The fact that you didn't tells me that you're less interested in finding scum, and more interested in diverting attention.

It's also possible that you were just lazy, of course, but you really should have checked. It's one click to see if I'm online, and another few to see if I've been posting.

Fake-edit: Looking through the recent posts again, I found that you couldn't have been trying to divert any attention—unless roo's your scumbuddy, and I notice that you haven't commented on the L-1 post, despite being the one at L-1—since the attention wasn't on you in the first place. I guess it's more likely that you were just being lazy, then.
You make an argument and vote for TempAcc, then counter said argument in the same post and leave the vote on? Especially considering this is vote #3, you're going to have to explain.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 12:03:12 pm »

I didn't answer directly to Roo's L-1'ing of me since it happened to fit exactly into my initial theory (Roo/Rev being scum), there was nothing else to comment on it apart from the post prior to this one.

And I thought Elephant Parade unvoted? Unless I'm confused about something, which is likely. If he didn't, then I'm forced to admit Rev has a point :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 12:12:01 pm »

And I thought Elephant Parade unvoted? Unless I'm confused about something, which is likely. If he didn't, then I'm forced to admit Rev has a point :v
No, he released his real vote on OSG and faux-voted you.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2016, 01:15:12 pm »

Why would I want to stop someone from hammering? Me putting temp at -1 is me saying yeah I'm okay with this lynch. Announced it because 1 everyone was freaking out over voting and because it is standard. In everygame do people not say oh hey that is -1 btw?

@elephant 1. Yes 2. No as I was following mafia "etiquette".
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2016, 01:20:00 pm »

Also he agreed to the fake voting thing so we know he intended to vote you temp.
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2016, 07:07:48 pm »

You make an argument and vote for TempAcc, then counter said argument in the same post and leave the vote on? Especially considering this is vote #3, you're going to have to explain.
Wait, was that vote #3? I thought it wasn't, or I would've thrown in a "no, I don't want to hammer" message; I find him more suspicious than anyone else, but not enough to lynch, yet.

...Rereading, OSG faux-voted him in blue, which I missed. Oops. I still think faux-votes should be in green, but we need to decide on a colour.

As for why I voted in the first place: I found TempAcc's lazy accusation suspicious enough to vote him for it, even with the possibility of it actually being laziness. At one point, I was going to unvote him, but I changed my mind—partially due to the possibility of a roo/TempAcc scumteam, and partially because I reconsidered (again) and decided that anyone with a legitimate lurking accusation would have thought to double-check. I mean, pure laziness/forgetfulness still isn't impossible, but it *is* pretty unlikely.

As for why I didn't unvote: "most likely" shouldn't have been there. I know I considered replacing it with "more likely" at one point—before I considered the possibility of a roo/TempAcc scumteam, probably—but by the end, I probably should have removed it entirely. Instead, I went "no, I don't want to risk having to rephrase the paragraph again; nobody will care" and left it. In retrospect, it kind of goes against the rest of what I was saying; I realized that at the time, to a degree, but I didn't think it was a very big deal.

TempAcc: Since I didn't explicitly ask you, and I'd like to hear your side of the story: Why didn't you check my profile? Did you forget, or did you not know that the "last online" thing existed, or what?

I didn't answer directly to Roo's L-1'ing of me since it happened to fit exactly into my initial theory (Roo/Rev being scum), there was nothing else to comment on it apart from the post prior to this one.

Yeah, I faux-voted you. It wasn't intended as a faux-hammer, though.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2016, 08:03:25 pm »

I didn't care to do it :v, and it seemed interesting on how eager other people would be willing to use this as an opportunity to prod you, even if unwarranted. Didn't quite work, but they're prodding you anyway, so, profit?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2016, 09:00:44 pm »

I didn't care to do it :v, and it seemed interesting on how eager other people would be willing to use this as an opportunity to prod you, even if unwarranted. Didn't quite work, but they're prodding you anyway, so, profit?

This comment (specifically the part in bold) may have just sealed your fate. See, the difference between scumhunting and pretending to scumhunt is that with one, you're actively trying to gather info to lynch scum, while with the other, you only care that you look like you're doing it so as to not raise suspicion. You don't go into this mindset that 'oh, I shouldn't question this because I'm only a third party observer and it would be unwarranted', because that's a clear sign that you honestly don't care. Read: scummy as hell.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2016, 01:57:49 am »

Please note that I will not be counting pseudovotes.

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - (0)

Not voting: Reverie, origamiscienceguy, roo, Elephant Parade

3 to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:24 am »

I guess I'll go ahead and do the honours then. For future reference, the vote colour for this is green since blue is for FoS.

Faux Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*roo - origamiscienceguy (1)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (1)
*TempAcc - Reverie, roo, Elephant Parade (3)

† TempAcc is still using his real vote, so I'll assume that would be his faux vote too.

3 votes reached for faux-hammer, pending player consensus
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26