Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42065 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2016, 03:09:01 pm »

Okay, so we're at a point now where we need to be careful, and I feel compelled to bring this up. If either OSG or Elephant Parade invokes the hammer on TempAcc, you better have a damn good reason, because if TempAcc ends up town and does the predictable thing and vengekills me, that's auto-scumwin. (One town vs. two scum?)
Of course, this is just worst-case scenario.

TempAcc:
Should roo and I be wrong and you are town and end up hammered with a shady third vote, just balance that into your decision, hey?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2016, 03:12:41 pm »

roo

You are getting mighty close to hammeing someone. Wouldn't want your scum buddy to "accidently" pull the trigger.

In general, vengeful games should not have a lynch without a clear consensus of the majority.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »

roo

You are getting mighty close to hammeing someone. Wouldn't want your scum buddy to "accidently" pull the trigger.

In general, vengeful games should not have a lynch without a clear consensus of the majority.

What exactly is your point here osg? Your observation is astute as I also announced that we are getting close to hammering someone hence the -1.

I wanna hear why you think I am scum and temp is town. All I have seen is snide remarks and a non statement about status quo.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2016, 03:33:07 pm »

You just put a second vote on someone. 3 votes is to hammer. That means that all it would take is one vote from a scum to end this day prematurely. Assuming tempacc is town, his vengekill would prrobably go on the hammerer, but we would have no way of knowing for sure. Either way, the scum would live on to day 2, and town would not have learned anything. So I was voting you because getting someone close to a hammer is not a town action to do.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2016, 03:34:35 pm »

All I have seen is snide remarks and a non statement about status quo.
Status quo is what is going to save town's ass. How much should it be emphasised that a hammer at this point could be disastrous?

I'm tempted to request that everyone places their votes in green so we don't do something incredibly stupid and instead organise a hammer on our own terms.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2016, 03:35:31 pm »

Actually, you know what? Unvote. TempAcc.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2016, 03:35:57 pm »

I'm willing to do that.
Unvote
roo

But let's do it in blue since that is the color most typically used.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »

unvote temp

Or not it's cool.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2016, 03:40:20 pm »

I put forward the motion that we discuss organising a hammer once we reach three faux votes on a player. All in favour?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 03:41:52 pm »

Osg why is temp town? You did not answer that.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »

That actually is basically what happened in Vengeful mafia 9. It worked out pretty good.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »

You just put a second vote on someone. 3 votes is to hammer. That means that all it would take is one vote from a scum to end this day prematurely. Assuming tempacc is town, his vengekill would prrobably go on the hammerer, but we would have no way of knowing for sure. Either way, the scum would live on to day 2, and town would not have learned anything. So I was voting you because getting someone close to a hammer is not a town action to do.

I am fully aware of how many people it takes to hammer somebody osg. I said -1. As in it takes one more person to hammer.

My supposedly non-town action is not deferring to forum culture on how a game should be played. What do you wanna talk about osg? Do you disagree with rev and me? If so why? You haven't said anything. Even here you say "Assuming temp is town". Wtf? You are a fucking omnishambles right now and have zero clue about what is going on. And you want to dictate how I play and when I can vote?

Was my vote not optimal? If so why not? Does my vote not achieve discussion pressure and having the hammer be absolutely certain of their choice? Putting someone at -2 pushes the game forward vastly.

Don't talk to me about voting for supposedly attempting to end the day prematurely. Back to this in a bit. That vote was terrible. Now how did you know it would end the day and not the game?

Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »

That actually is basically what happened in Vengeful mafia 9. It worked out pretty good.

What? Link it. And link the game you modded as well the one I was in. I wanna see the difference.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »

So? What good does it do to remind everybody that it is one vote to hammer? That just makes it seem like you are eager for it to happen.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

Is your argument that I shouldn't have mentioned he was at -1? fuckin lol.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26