Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42058 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2016, 12:02:00 am »

Hmmmmmm okay I might be an asshole. I was expecting you to say me as that was how I was interpreting your posts. Well elephant and temp haven't really done much so I am waiting for temp to jump in and say something if he doesn't I might have to drag him in. Elephant did make the astute observation about meta discussion, but forgoed saying that it was him that took that route as I was both commenting and talking with you. I do get excitable when shit starts happening and loose perspective as I just want to be right. My point being that elephant said he didn't want to talk about meta, but that is all he had talked about as he left shortly after that I thought it was noteworthy.

Your low key energy and the feeling of mehness just sounds like scum to me wishing he didn't roll it. Usually I see more push back or more energy from you. Your non-answer and me jumping through hoops to get an answer from you along with your initial post that pinged me.

I dislike that temp said he was waiting or something to that effect.

So you three are at the top of my scum list. Reverie being default town.

Temp who do you suspect? Do you think reveries vote on you is fair?
Or not it's cool.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2016, 12:13:32 am »

My point being that elephant said he didn't want to talk about meta, but that is all he had talked about as he left shortly after that I thought it was noteworthy.
Actually, I enjoy talking about meta! I was just saying that it isn't a very useful scumhunting tool; it's on par with RVS, or perhaps even worse. Still, any discussion is good discussion!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2016, 05:45:17 am »

I am supposing I am a vanilla mafioso. If my godfather was about to be lynched. That would be because I am probably the one bussing him.
This is actually the wrong answer. If your scumbuddy were the godfather and on the noose, the game would be over, and you would lose.
This is encouraging though. Your ignorance here hints that you either a townie who just didn't read up the specifics on the mafia (the likely one) or a mafioso who perilously didn't research how their scumteam works (much less likely). You are too new for me to consider that you planted your ignorance here like a clever clogs, so for now, you're a town read.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2016, 08:06:58 am »

Okay, so at least until TempAcc tries to rebut my accusation, this is how things stand for me so far in scum→town order:

Tempacc with the flaky backpedal, and the strange shielding of origamiscienceguy for a simple RVS question (especially considering the fact that he questioned OSG himself just prior and outright stated it was a mistake for me to 'focus' on OSG as opposed to roo).

origamiscienceguy by association with the above, otherwise no established read.

Elephant Parade is a null read as well.

roo let slip that he overlooked the loss condition of the godfather, which reads fairly town.

...And that leaves me as one of the town members, though of course you guys don't have to take my word for it.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2016, 09:12:48 am »

Seems awfuly strange you're willing to spare Roo and immediately paint him as a townie over something so trivial. Seems... Almost suspicious. Your implying of a connection between me and OSG is also quite tenuous, but it is to be expected, since its the first day. However, so many tenuous assumptions thrown against different people so early can be quite telling, specially if you have something to gain from it.

Situation has changed.
Unvoting Roo.
Reverie just became extra suspicious.
OSG's behavior with Roo may be a red herring, which warrants suspicion.
Elephant Parade gets more suspicious due to being declared a null read on Reverie's opinions.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2016, 09:14:08 am »

roo has been in quite a lot of games, but he is known to not read the OP sometimes. So It could still be either one.

Unvote: Thanks for answering a question. But now knowing how the game works, would you change your answer? Considering your current answer would be suicide for the scum team?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2016, 09:40:19 am »

Seems awfuly strange you're willing to spare Roo and immediately paint him as a townie over something so trivial. Seems... Almost suspicious. Your implying of a connection between me and OSG is also quite tenuous, but it is to be expected, since its the first day. However, so many tenuous assumptions thrown against different people so early can be quite telling, specially if you have something to gain from it.

Situation has changed.
Unvoting Roo.
Reverie just became extra suspicious.
OSG's behavior with Roo may be a red herring, which warrants suspicion.
Elephant Parade gets more suspicious due to being declared a null read on Reverie's opinions.
Nice OMGUS, but you fail to explain yourself. Also, don't think I didn't notice your potential bus against OSG with something weak like a 'possible red herring' as if that actually meant anything or was worth mentioning except as showmanship. You're just digging this hole yourself.
I want you to slow down, and walk me through why I'm wrong.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 09:47:25 am »

Oh right, you're fairly new.

I'll append that to OMGUS, or 'Oh My God You Suck' is to reflexively vote against your attacker and can be a scumtell. To 'bus' a player is just that. To throw them under a bus. It's a term used most frequently against scumteams that try to separate themselves from their teammate all the way up to sacrificing them to clear their name.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2016, 10:06:31 am »

roo has been in quite a lot of games, but he is known to not read the OP sometimes. So It could still be either one.

Oh, he's not that new then. This dirties the read a bit, especially if he has a history of going into these games blind, like you say. Still, scum have to pay more attention than the rest of us as a rule, so maybe I'm not far off the mark. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2016, 10:21:53 am »

Bit of an energetic response over a vote change, two posts even, which means I may have pierced the truth a little more then expected.

Thanks for the energetic explanation on mafia terminology, though, all of which seemed very convenient to mention and use as a means to try (and fail) to further paint me as scum, a very scummy tactic in itself. I'll remind you again that you attacked me first, and even then my initial semi random vote on Roo happened, which only changed when you made yourself even more suspicious.

The fact you then made a thinly veiled defensive move in his benefit in the very first day and now just mentioned the ~bus~ also does seem very convenient, as a way of showcasing "look, this is what scum does" while doing the exact opposite for a player as meager diversion tactic, only highlighting your scummy colours. Even now you remain his caring guardian, a Toriel to his Frisk, but a Flowey to everyone else.

Situation has not changed.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2016, 11:22:11 am »

Bit of an energetic response over a vote change, two posts even, which means I may have pierced the truth a little more then expected.
Yes, because typing out an afterthought post in lieu of editing my first post (which is illegal in mafia) is 'energetic'.

Thanks for the energetic explanation on mafia terminology, though, all of which seemed very convenient to mention and use as a means to try (and fail) to further paint me as scum, a very scummy tactic in itself. I'll remind you again that you attacked me first, and even then my initial semi random vote on Roo happened, which only changed when you made yourself even more suspicious.
Painting you as scum? No, TempAcc, you've been dodgy and I'm bringing attention to it. It's simple, and how the game is played. It's called scumhunting.
And of course you didn't vote me back instantly. I RVS-voted you. You only got indignant and voted back when I actually put some weight behind it.
Also, while we're at it...

The fact you then made a thinly veiled defensive move in his benefit in the very first day and now just mentioned the ~bus~ also does seem very convenient, as a way of showcasing "look, this is what scum does" while doing the exact opposite for a player as meager diversion tactic, only highlighting your scummy colours. Even now you remain his caring guardian, a Toriel to his Frisk, but a Flowey to everyone else.
I gave an actual reason (read: not a 'potential red herring') for why I thought roo was town. The logic I gave is mostly sound, and while I agree that it's not guaranteed that he isn't just being dumb about reading the OP (now that I know this might be a thing for him), I only posited that he leaned town. For all I know, he could do something scummy later, but for right now you are the one being dodgy.

Likewise.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2016, 12:17:15 pm »

Are we doing reads now?

roo: Null read due to difficulty reading, as well as lack of non-RVS interactions.
TempAcc: Slight scum read due to pseudo-lurking. It's only been a day, but he hasn't done much, other than react.
OSG: Has only interacted with roo outside of RVS; very slight scum read, but leaning null.
Reverie: Null read. I haven't interacted with them since RVS, and I haven't seen enough in their other posts to get a read on them.

TempAcc: The only questions you've asked have been RVS questions, and now you've voted without even asking one. Ask some questions, please.
And it likely won't, unless you ask questions!

So, yeah. TempAcc: Why haven't you been asking any questions? If you have the time, why not ask a question of each person you have a scum read on?
OSG: You've been tunnelling roo; I can understand why, and it's only been a half-day, but you might want to branch out a bit—at least interact with other people! What are your reads?

Unvote, because an accidental hammer would be bad.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2016, 12:41:07 pm »

Its been easier to gain enough day 1 info just by watching people interact with each other, really, I have no reason to ask specific questions atm because I've read into a few people I've found scummy already unless you're willing to share your feelings on Tim Curry or Mastechef? :v

Right now the only null read I have is you, Elephant Parade, and maaaaybe OSG, mainly because he's been at Roo from the start. The only one really standing out is Reverie, due to an odd pseudo protective behavior towards Roo, even going as far as labelling him a townie on day 1, while trying to paint me as scum, which seems to be working :v

Regardless, questions for the ~seemingly~ least scummy people:

Elephant Parade: Considering this is shorter then most mafia games, don't you think its more likely for scummies to take a more active role in misleading townies right at the start?

OSG: What can you tell us about Roo, apart from the whole not reading the OP thing?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2016, 02:12:50 pm »

Its been easier to gain enough day 1 info just by watching people interact with each other, really, I have no reason to ask specific questions atm because I've read into a few people I've found scummy already unless you're willing to share your feelings on Tim Curry or Mastechef? :v
There is no such thing as "enough day 1 info", especially not in a game that can, in the worst scenario, last a single day. This is pretty much the definition of lurking.

Even if you've "read" people, you can always develop your reads more.

Elephant Parade: Considering this is shorter then most mafia games, don't you think its more likely for scummies to take a more active role in misleading townies right at the start?
I'm not sure. Thinking about it, it'd be a high-risk/high-reward thing to do; a single mislynch could cost town the game, but, with such a small scumteam, things would be pretty bad for them if town caught on. Some players might, but I don't think most would.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 02:33:45 pm »

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - roo (0)
*roo - (0)
*Elephant Parade - (0)
*Reverie - TempAcc (0)
*TempAcc - Reverie (0)