Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 11: its over town won  (Read 42085 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 11: Day 1 - It Takes Three Thieves [5/5]
« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2016, 06:58:18 am »

My vote is still unchanged, specially now that you've jumped at such little things as strawmen and ~pretending to scumhunt~ to try as hard as possible to snipe me, which is of course very convenient for you and your partner in dweebery :v

Mind you, your argument actualy only further enforces my theories yet again. A townie doesn't know who anyone might be, so Its completely natural for me to suspect everyone, and thus prod anyone and cause people to have arguments to gain reads on people, something scum doesn't have to do nearly as much, since they already have knowledge on at least another player. Calling someone out for wishing to gain more reads through any method is kind of hilarious for a townie, but a convenient way to throw townies who can't see through that kind of hilarious tactic against others.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2016, 08:20:11 am »

TempAcc:
Calling someone out for wishing to gain more reads through any method is kind of hilarious for a townie, but a convenient way to throw townies who can't see through that kind of hilarious tactic against others.
What are you talking about? I'm not berating you for how you obtain reads at all, I'm insinuating that you are thinking in line with how scum would concerning questioning people unprovoked. You say you find it interesting that I question Elephant Parade on his unusually limp vote. Why?

My vote is still unchanged, specially now that you've jumped at such little things as strawmen and ~pretending to scumhunt~ to try as hard as possible to snipe me, which is of course very convenient for you and your partner in dweebery :v
And yes, do remind me for the second time that you are still voting for me, as if you've actually been meaningfully interacting with anyone else all game outside of being prodded at. Why not question roo directly? If you're certain he is my scumbuddy, why have you not pressured him? All the interaction you've had with him since RVS was to awkwardly respond to one question. All the interaction you've had with me was to insist that what I'm doing fits into your roo/Reverie scumteam theory nicely.

tl;dr you are coasting and especially with your recent comment about unwarranted questions being peculiar, it shows.

Also, are you not onboard with the faux-voting thing? Why or why not?

Everyone: How should we go about this? We do have all the time we need now, but town has precious little elbow room for mistakes in this setup. Should we give it a day or two more to discuss, now that we have enough to hammer?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2016, 08:23:04 am »

EBWOP: The alternative to that is playing on to gather more material before we commit, and maybe setting up a later date to hammer whenever you guys feel up to that. Thoughts?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:34 am »

I think we should discuss a bit more. Sorry, I've been busy making up school work. What are the main arguments on TempAcc? I am town, so I know that at least 1 scum is voting for temp acc, so forgive my hesitation.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2016, 10:18:42 am »

I don't have enough time for a proper post, but I support waiting to hammer. We have all the time in the world, and I'd like to weigh in.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2016, 11:19:42 am »

I think we should discuss a bit more. Sorry, I've been busy making up school work. What are the main arguments on TempAcc? I am town, so I know that at least 1 scum is voting for temp acc, so forgive my hesitation.
Up until the faux-voting thing, I was pressuring him on his OMGUS in response to my vote, in which I argued against his strange notion that questioning you (as opposed to roo) in RVS was a mistake:
Reverie: Not sure if your willingness to question OSG is veteran scars showing up or a not so veiled attempt to shift attention from yourself. When did you join the forums, though?
My willingness to question OSG? TempAcc, you're going to have to elaborate. Why wouldn't I question him? We don't have any common game history, just off the top of my head. Nor have I drawn any attention to myself in the hour or two since the game started, but cute conjecture and a gold star for trying.
(And to answer your last question, I've been here since 2009 and have played mafia since 2011.)

I'm a lawyerthief, I can smell this stuff from a mile away, which is why I'm not making your mistakes and am keeping an eye on Roo.
You'll probably notice that the question itself (which is pretty strange) sounded fairly serious, but his tone abruptly changed to a joking one when I got suspicious and that is the basis for my backpedal argument. Obviously this is pretty tenuous (like most leads just out of RVS), but I decided to push it further because he stuck to his guns in suggesting that I shouldn't focus on you, despite him already having asked you a question already, and that was enough for the OMGUS.
In virtually the same breath, he says:
OSG's behavior with Roo may be a red herring, which warrants suspicion.
...which is a meaningless statement. I still think that this was a poor attempt to placate me by shoving you away, but whether you are his scumbuddy has always been up in the air. I could only see TempAcc wanting me off of his back.

Now, fast forward to switching to faux votes, and it's probably obvious that I'm leery of sneaky hammers and quite a bit terrified of being wrong about this, because unlike most D1 mislynches, if TempAcc flips town the game is over (assuming I get vengekilled). The fact of the matter is though, TempAcc is scummy to me, his slip-up a few posts ago only confirms that, and I think lynching him is the way to go.

Also, it's nothing but a baseless hunch, but I think that TempAcc and roo could be our scumteam. TempAcc immediately bussed him in RVS, and is really pushing the roo/Reverie theory at the expense of everything else. All without confronting roo in the slightest. The one hole in my theory is that roo's vote against TempAcc is believable, but I could totally see them doing a divide and conquer thing against town.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2016, 11:49:53 am »

Well not like what I say matters. I will eagerly await for osg and elephant to post their thoughts on temp.
Or not it's cool.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2016, 12:01:47 pm »

I'm currently considering 3 targets for vengekilling, by the way. If I shoot a townie by mistake, the game goes poof, so think up, since I'm basically assuming this scummy plot will be succesful, but maybe some people are still able to see through (obviously) shady tactics I have already signalled in prior posts :v

You people, however, have one extra tool to use. You may have participated in mafia games in this forum with each other, so you guys have better perception of each other's traits and tendencies under certain situations. Make sure to think up on this, specially if my eventual vengekill actualy hits a mafia member.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2016, 02:04:27 pm »

Well not like what I say matters. I will eagerly await for osg and elephant to post their thoughts on temp.
Actually, contrary to this statement, your voice carries a lot of weight. Assuming you're a townie, what you say matters a whole bunch, because there's only three of us.
Now if you're scum, I'll have to agree with you. Kick your feet up and save us the hassle of ratting you out.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »

Revarie, are you confident enough that TempAcc is scum that even if he said he is going to vengekill you, you would still vote him?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »

Revarie, are you confident enough that TempAcc is scum that even if he said he is going to vengekill you, you would still vote him?
That's a complicated matter I've been turning over in my head, and I'm glad you brought it up.

The short answer is no, I'm not. If this were any larger setup, with more players and breathing room for a potential mislynch on D1, it would be different. I'd call his bluff and that would be that. This game, though, is like starting on MYLO (it may as well be with the vengekill abilities), and doing that blind. Ordinarily I wouldn't care about dying if it meant having a shot to kill scum, but in this case, the whole game is on the line. TempAcc did mention that he was looking at other vengekill candidates, but while that sounds nice I can't discount that this might be misdirection—especially since he seems to latch onto the notion that I'm scum so dearly.

It all comes down to two outcomes. Do I call the bluff and hope the three of us voting TempAcc are right? Or do we drag this out for long enough to get comprehensive reads on everyone? I introduced the faux-vote system precisely so we can remove any time constraints, and naturally I'd choose the latter if it were up to me. Town's best odds are with taking its time.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2016, 03:03:14 pm »

EBWOP:
TempAcc did mention that he was looking at other vengekill candidates, but while that sounds nice I can't discount that this might be misdirection—especially since he seems to latch onto the notion that I'm scum so dearly.
The reasoning for this is wrong actually, since if he were scum and meant to misdirect us he wouldn't have a vengekill, but the potential for misdirection is still there.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »

I'll also add that his latching onto his idea that I'm scum only works if he's town. Wow, I really butchered that.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:56 pm »

I actually believe you. (It is more like a perpetual LYLO since a no lynch loses anyways) but I do think that was a very townie answer. I'm still not going to vote for Temp because I know that at least one scum is voting for him. So I do favor a longer day.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2016, 04:11:01 pm »

What about you osg what do you think about scum!temp?
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26