Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Mission 27:Tsunami Team  (Read 15810 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Tsunami Team
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 01:52:51 pm »

"AHAHAHAHA! You okay Renen?"

No I meant go through the wall next to the gate. I don't care how thick it is I'm a giant robot with 5 cutting lasers, a white hot club, and a fucking mining drill on my fist.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:34:52 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 02:05:36 pm »

((@PW... Is there any major problems with Renen or did him just got blasted out but is still fine?))
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:02:51 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 02:53:39 pm »

It was during these times that the even less impressive but far safer option - using the HEP to cut down the gate - would certainly have been interesting.

Make sure Renen is fine; if he isn't, carry him if he chooses such an option. Then, murder time. Keep a distance while the robot people take hits.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:22:29 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 04:03:01 pm »

((@PW... Is there any major problems with Renen or did him just got blasted out but is still fine?))
Toaster caught you:
You look up  towards the thoroughly lasered wall. It seems that's covered. So you head up the stairs. You're near the top when something explodes from inside the cave mouth. A moment later renen comes flying out, wreathed in smoke, and bounces down the stairs. You dash forward and catch him before he can fall any further down.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 07:44:41 pm »

((Gonna assume he is fine them))

Go back near Milno in Bullet time. Make some light balls to use for checking traps. Look at the tower for possible places a sniper would use.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:59:20 pm by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 10:16:37 pm »

Faith began petting her good kitty. Good kitty knew Milno was an uptight prick.

"CUTE TRICK," she bellowed past the gate. "INVADER CASUALTIES: ZERO. IF YOU SURRENDER QUICKLY YOU MIGHT MAKE IT BEFORE HE GETS BACK UP THE STAIRS."

Form solid light riot shield, shout at slightly warm corpses. Then begin advancing menacingly on the gate threshold, broadcasting what I see to any other teammate that wants it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 04:06:23 pm »

Good morning salami team...Tsunami team. Yeah.

"AHAHAHAHA! You okay Renen?"

No I meant go through the wall next to the gate. I don't care how thick it is I'm a giant robot with 5 cutting lasers, a white hot club, and a fucking mining drill on my fist.

Ah well, the door is open now. Very open. About as open as a door can get.

You still stick your head in and yell "OH YEAH!"  just for good measure. Kool aid man or hulk hogan? You decide.

It was during these times that the even less impressive but far safer option - using the HEP to cut down the gate - would certainly have been interesting.

Make sure Renen is fine; if he isn't, carry him if he chooses such an option. Then, murder time. Keep a distance while the robot people take hits.
Renen comes sprinting back up the stairs a moment later. He looks very determined and focused, at least as far as you can tell. Hard to read much expression on his face.

His state of non-death confirmed you walk back over to the recently opened gate. The stone hall beyond the gate is partially blown apart near the threshold and much of the polished stone that isn't now gravel is coated in a thick black residue from the blast. The hall leads maybe 10 meters down to a larger room, the true entryway of the capital. You can tell from the small slice of it you can see through the hallway that the room is large and probably circular, maybe a dome, judging by the pillars running along the edge and the curved shape of the roof you can just barely see from here. 

((Gonna assume he is fine them))

Go back near Milno in Bullet time. Make some light balls to use for checking traps. Look at the tower for possible places a sniper would use.
Tower? You hit your head on the way down those stairs buddy?  I know you lost a good deal of the ablative armor but I was pretty sure you didn't have a concussion.

Faith began petting her good kitty. Good kitty knew Milno was an uptight prick.

"CUTE TRICK," she bellowed past the gate. "INVADER CASUALTIES: ZERO. IF YOU SURRENDER QUICKLY YOU MIGHT MAKE IT BEFORE HE GETS BACK UP THE STAIRS."

Form solid light riot shield, shout at slightly warm corpses. Then begin advancing menacingly on the gate threshold, broadcasting what I see to any other teammate that wants it.
You create a light matter shield and walk up next to milno, holding the shield in front of you and peering through it.

"I see peeps in there. There are a few behind those pillars, but they look more like they're hiding than setting up an ambush. I think we might have scared them straight, so to speak. Quick, threaten to eat their arm if they don't surrender."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 05:01:54 pm »

Leeroy Jenkins in, go pure melee and paint my assaultsuit red with the blood of under equipped mooks.
Remember to get their weapons as I kill them, to prevent them from falling back into the enemies hands of course.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 05:33:48 pm »

Follow NAV in, try to make sure he only murders people trying to murder him.

Get a good look at the room while I'm in there.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 12:05:39 am »

"We won't have any restraint in killing anyone who doesn't surrender. You were warned."

Provide fire support. Turn off the light shield when necessary, turning it back on when not shooting or when the fire starts massing towards me.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 05:57:05 am »

We don't need prisioners. It is to kill all.

Follow behind the team, killing all the enemies (anyone who isn't a team mate) in BT. Keep an eye open for any possible traps inside.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 03:30:11 pm »

Leeroy Jenkins in, go pure melee and paint my assaultsuit red with the blood of under equipped mooks.
Remember to get their weapons as I kill them, to prevent them from falling back into the enemies hands of course.

You run straight into the room just start swinging with the club. [6]
There are maybe a dozen men in this room; and they clearly are not the heavy hitters. They're the guys who were posted here to stop a half assed civilian uprising. And if you and your team happened to be a bunch of unarmored peasants wielding bits of pipe and civilian grade weapons, they would probably do a good job. But you are a giant robot wielding a giant metal club that boils the atmosphere around it.

They fire at you, sure, and it plinks off you and maybe does a bit of damage to the armor. Maybe. But then you hit them and they simply cease to exist. They evaporate like a video game enemy, their bodies reduced to aerosolized ash from the force of the blow and the heat of the weapon; the only remains being ashen limbs or a bit of melted metal that used to be a weapon.  After you and Faith destroy the majority of the men with zero effort, the last few, three men who are huddled bend a pillar on the far end of the room,  throw down their weapons and attempt to surrender. You go in for the kill but Faith shoulder checks you into a wall.

Follow NAV in, try to make sure he only murders people trying to murder him.

Get a good look at the room while I'm in there.

Your Id manifests and grabs the men, picking them up by the collar of their uniforms and holding them in its mouth like they were lost kittens.

They are screaming. A lot.

The room is quite pretty. It's a grand dome carved into a natural cave with all sorts of tile frescos adorning the roof. Mostly sea motifs and images of life but there's also a central mosaic of what might be the founders of the island? Maybe the ruling family? Some group of important people, no doubt. They stare down at you with muted majesty, their depiction quite regal despite being dressed in some sort of odd mix of fisherman's clothing and living sea life. Kings of Atlantis perhaps? hehe.

The light in the room comes from 4 skylights set into the dome, and these skylights are set with blue glass that gives then entire room a sort of submerged appearance.

Follow behind the team, killing all the enemies (anyone who isn't a team mate) in BT. Keep an eye open for any possible traps inside.

You move to kill the remaining men that Faith's Id has trapped but both faith and her cat give you a withering glare. You look at Milno, who is walking next to you, and then back at Faith. Milno seems in no hurry so you hold off for the moment. You can always kill them later.

You stroll into the room as Faith and Dubley slaughter the inhabitants. You hold your hands behind you and stare up at the ceiling, examining the mosaics.  No one shoots at you.  With the light shield and Renen at your side you're not even worried about things like that for the moment. The current level of resistance is underwhelming at best.  You do wonder what lies deeper in, however. They couldn't have taken the planet with this level of weaponry. Even if the majority of the big guns are out somewhere else in the world, surely there's something more dangerous deeper down.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »

Well. Plunder all their weapons. Then rocket up through the skylights.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 03:02:48 pm »

Faith plods up to the screaming kittens, and pets her good kitty.

"Hello and thank you for surrendering! You now get to live, probably. I'm not going to kill you, anyway.

However, before I let you run screaming to sort-of safety, I'd like to ask you a few questions. You still get to live if you don't answer, but it'd be polite.

First question: What's the shape and layout of this building?

Second question: What sorts of military power can we expect further in?

Third question: Who's in charge here and where might they be? I mean really in charge, the ones who call the big shots and make things happen."

Question screaming lost kittens.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 03:10:59 pm »

((You might want to add an action to reign in your Id to make sure it doesn't start playing with them too roughly (broken wings come to mind).))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7