Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Mission 27:Tsunami Team  (Read 15777 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Mission 27:Tsunami Team
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:48:03 pm »

Do I need to tell you guys anything? You should know the deal by now. Go in, make the bad guys dead, control the capital. Murder is what you do. Half of you are literally built for that sole purpose. Do what comes natural.

The permission work doesn't even register in your mind. Stasis, the walk to the shuttles, you've done it so many times that it's barely worth considering. You could do it in your sleep, if you even sleep anymore. The hotdrop shuttles raise more of a reaction from where your gut used to be. There are memories attached to those. Memories of falling, of fire, of pain, of death. But you're stronger now, far stronger, and you've seen more than your share of death. You strap into the skeletal metal frame and watch as the stars roll past. The stars are subsumed in flame heat and light as the shuttle punches through the atmosphere, the forward cone of ablative armor taking the brunt of it while you sit in the wake. The armor breaks free as you enter the lower atmosphere and the thrusters kick on.

>Beginning Transmission of the Truth across all radio bands, hijacked television stations and other communication systems as well as the shuttle broadcast system. Get ready teams, things are about to get ugly.

The hotdrop shuttle screams downward at full speed, bobbing and weaving erratically.  There are no shells this time. No lasers, no explosions to rip the ship into pieces and send you tumbling down. There is only the descent and then the hard reversal, the pull up. Buildings and streets are a blur beneath your feet, no more then a few meters away. The wind is roaring around you and the strange doppler distorted squawks of sea birds and roaring surf breaking through waterways and against stones assaults your ears. The shuttle rises suddenly, just barely making it over the top of a high wall, and then drops hard while slowing down. It stops, just for a instant, and drops you. You fall a good 10 feet down onto stairs which have been carved straight into the stone of the island. Smoke from the engines overwhelms you for an instant before the shuttle roars away, dispersing the haze with a blast of exhaust. You're standing in the middle of a long, wide thoroughfare, a long, low angle slope of slab like stairs which lead up the side of a heavily worn island mountain.  Below, back along the path, is a stone wall, easily 40 feet high, with a wide ornate gate at the start of the stairs. Ahead, maybe half a mile, is the wall of the mountain. You can see what looks like a large cave mouth, but it with large stone pillars supporting it and giving it an almost temple like appearance.

There are a few very frightened and confused looking civilians in your direct vicinity. Some are standing around, staring. Most are running one way or the other.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 27:Tsunami Team
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 04:58:48 pm »

Wrong thread
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:00:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 07:05:39 pm »

Quote from:  To Steve
Do you have any map of the tower?

Enter BT and search the area for any sods or UWM attackers. Kill any if found. Secure a perimeter and wait for the group.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 10:49:52 am »

"Let's kick some ass!"

Bash open the main gate with my white hot club!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:39:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 11:51:04 am »

Quote from:  To Steve
Do you have any map of the tower?

Enter BT and search the area for any sods or UWM attackers. Kill any if found. Secure a perimeter and wait for the group.
There are none in the immediate area. There are clearly armed men over on the outer wall, and up in the cave mouth entrance of the capital, but none within easy stabbing distance.

"Let's kick some ass!"

Bash open the main gate with my white hot club!
Well lets see. The "gate" down AWAY from the capital building is already open. It looks more ceremonial than anything; a giant wall with a giant gate to emphasize the power of the capital. As per the capital building itself, it has no gate, at least no gate that you can see from here. It's just a great big rough hewn cave mouth with stone columns supporting it. It's possible there's a gate deeper into the building, but that would require breaking away from the group and running straight up into the waiting arms of a few dozen armed men in order to get a look. 

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 02:44:37 pm »

"What do you want me to say? Start killing already, though avoid civilian casualties. Careful with anyone who surrenders, they might have some surviving special agents from the UWM." he said before opening his external speakers.

Towards the capital building we go. Fly low and cycle between the vision modes, first give the armed men a "surrender or die" ultimatum and then kill anyone who doesn't comply, activating the EMM for a while. Use the new laser rifle setting of the gauntlet, due to the light shield.

((Back from my weekend.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 03:59:50 pm »

Zoom ahead to the cave mouth and laser everything and everyone!
Shoot number gun #475 to see what it does.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 08:33:42 am »

Follow my team  towards the capital building, in BT. Watch out and avoid enter in the line of fire of allies. If met with any enemy, kill in Bt.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:35:18 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 02:38:58 pm »

((I shall also PTW the other super-vet team))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 04:17:41 pm »

"What do you want me to say? Start killing already, though avoid civilian casualties. Careful with anyone who surrenders, they might have some surviving special agents from the UWM." he said before opening his external speakers.

Towards the capital building we go. Fly low and cycle between the vision modes, first give the armed men a "surrender or die" ultimatum and then kill anyone who doesn't comply, activating the EMM for a while. Use the new laser rifle setting of the gauntlet, due to the light shield.

((Back from my weekend.))
The moment the hostilities begin you charge up towards the capital building itself, up the stairs towards the cave entrance and the people shooting down at you. Your light shields activate as soon as you start to fly, sensing the motion, and stop or deflect any rounds that manage to find their way towards you. They slam into your shielding with a sound like glass being tapped with a tuning fork. You get up quite close and attempt to fire, but your laser hits the inside of the shield and stops dead.

"I sense a flaw in this system."

Zoom ahead to the cave mouth and laser everything and everyone!
Shoot number gun #475 to see what it does.

You charge up the stairs in your assaultsuit, happily ignoring the rounds clanging off your armor until you get within range to fire.

You fire it into a group of three men dressed in ragged olive green jumpsuits. When the shot hits there's a burst of reddish light and a great sucking noise. When the light passes there's nothing left of the men save for a small smooth crater and a spike in heat and radiation.

Follow my team  towards the capital building, in BT. Watch out and avoid enter in the line of fire of allies. If met with any enemy, kill in Bt.
This whole exchange is fairly banal to you. The bullets are coming in like softballs lobbed by a child. The rockets are crawling down towards you. You jog up the stairs, ducking and side stepping bullets, until you reach the men shooting at you. It's not really fair. They haven't even reacted to the fact that you made it up to them when you systematically shove one sharp finger straight through each of their foreheads.

"Capital entrance clear."

The capital entrance, for those of you who have reached it, is odd. It's clearly organic in origin but modified. The cave entrance is just that, a cave entrance, where someone has carved several large stone columns made from the joining of stalactites and stalagmites into more ornate shapes. The ceiling of the cave has been smoothed, leaving only the largest stalactites.  An enormous mural of the ocean, with the remaining stalactites acting as islands, has been tiled on the ceiling. This cavern leads to what appears to be the actual entrance to the capital, a large square gateway with a heavy iron gate. The gate and the gateway have been decorated with images of the sea and of strange, alien sea life. The floor of the cavern as been likewise smoothed except for the larger stalagmites and the floor tiled, though in a more reserved geometric pattern rather than in any grand image. There are several civilians hanging around here, hiding behind the stones, but no soldiers as far as you can see. Those gates into the building proper are closed however, and judging by the people pounding on them from the outside, they were closed recently.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 10:58:30 pm »

"Unless there's any objections, I believe we're supposed to make an entrance.

Speaking of which, I'd feel really bad about wrecking this place if it wasn't going to be a barren nightmarish hell soon anyway. I think. Steve, do we know exactly what's going to happen to physics and matter when the Lurker takes over?"

Catch up to everyone in the cave. Shoo everyone away from the gate, then kinetic amp punch it dead center Kool-Aid through the wall with NAV.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:57:09 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »

TEAM COMMS (READ!)

At least getting his feet back into a mission should clear his mind. Hopefully. No worries but leading a successful team. "Civilians, GET THE FUCK AWAY NOW."

Send the civilians away via shouting the above. Use cam-eyes to check whether they're trying to set up an ambush or anything like that from behind the gate. If Faith tries to kinamp punch the gate or anything else, keep a safe distance.

Change in combat modus operandi: kill any weaker guards/troops in melee to test the diamond whip because why not. Any stronger enemies receive sybilus rounds, with the shield being temporary disabled to let rounds out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:01:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 03:03:05 pm »

Stand back and watch Faith open the door. Clap after its opened.
See if I can set up some sort of kill counter and slowmo death instant replay on my HUD.

Kool-aid man through the wall.
"OH YEAH!"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:54:17 pm by NAV »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 06:02:11 pm »

Still in BT, cut up the gate and enter in the room jumping. Avoid any attacks and traps, and friendly fire, if any. Start killing all the enemies inside the room.

Make the shade cloak take the color of the room.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 06:06:57 pm by Grunhill »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »

"Unless there's any objections, I believe we're supposed to make an entrance.

Speaking of which, I'd feel really bad about wrecking this place if it wasn't going to be a barren nightmarish hell soon anyway. I think. Steve, do we know exactly what's going to happen to physics and matter when the Lurker takes over?"

Catch up to everyone in the cave. Shoo everyone away from the gate, then kinetic amp punch it dead center Kool-Aid through the wall with NAV.
Stand back and watch Faith open the door. Clap after its opened.
See if I can set up some sort of kill counter and slowmo death instant replay on my HUD.

Kool-aid man through the wall.
"OH YEAH!"
Still in BT, cut up the gate and enter in the room jumping. Avoid any attacks and traps, and friendly fire, if any. Start killing all the enemies inside the room.

Make the shade cloak take the color of the room.

You both run over to the door, which is what I assume you mean(?) and faith is in the middle of winding up when Renen shoves her out of the way.

"Captain's orders. I'm cutting it open."

Faith backs up, crossing her robot clad arms and pouting. Her id manifests with a wobbly meow and lays one big paw  on her shoulder. It looks at Renen with the kind of despise that only a cat can muster.

Renen looks at the giant cat and then shrugs. His arm moves in a blur while the rest of his body remains still, and the door falls to pieces. Or rather it starts to. It falls apart just enough to reveal the hastily assembled explosive trap rigged onto it. The good news is that the cutting severed most of the wires, rendering a good 80% of the explosives inert. The bad news is that there's still a good chunk of asterex that is still active.

The blast is funneled by the gateway, so neither Faith nor Dubley are harmed. But Renen is punted across the room and straight through several stalagmites before flying out the cave mouth and down a few dozen flights of stairs.

TEAM COMMS (READ!)

At least getting his feet back into a mission should clear his mind. Hopefully. No worries but leading a successful team. "Civilians, GET THE FUCK AWAY NOW."

Send the civilians away via shouting the above. Use cam-eyes to check whether they're trying to set up an ambush or anything like that from behind the gate. If Faith tries to kinamp punch the gate or anything else, keep a safe distance.

Change in combat modus operandi: kill any weaker guards/troops in melee to test the diamond whip because why not. Any stronger enemies receive sybilus rounds, with the shield being temporary disabled to let rounds out.

The bad news is that the thick metal of the gate prevents you from stopping the above silliness. The good news is that the explosion sure does persuade the civies to run away. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7