Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Mission 27: Earthquake team  (Read 24364 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Earthquake team
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2016, 06:44:42 am »

"I know Comrade, it's fairly boring here. But hey, no news is good news when you're in enemy territory right?"

Calmly keep watch for hostiles, hum a tune.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2016, 08:59:21 am »

Provide overwatch and prayer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2016, 12:50:59 pm »

Nah, looks pretty fucking dead out there.
As per that shuttle, it's coming in. You can see it with the gunship cams. Should be here end of next turn.

Keep watching the cams and protecting the fragile kittens.

Question pw, if you think there's nothing more incoming or that we've scared them off for good, could you tell us? And would you be ok with some members on our team either joining team Tsunami in clearing that building or taking a shuttle to the evac area to help out there? Miya would stay on post in either case, but it might be nice if (some of) the others wouldn't just have to keep waiting and doing nothing.

Hold the shuttle from leaving for a moment in case we do in fact wanna send someone extra on it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:09:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2016, 08:54:07 pm »

Well, I guess I'll help with the fires. Even if I don't find anybody I could save, it might help protect the unburnt buildings or help with PR.

Unless that disarmed guy is in any condition to speak. In which case talk to him, interrogate him. Ask him for the name of whoever is in charge here and any other useful info he can provide.

((Haven't read the radio thread yet, so if there's anything important there, I haven't read it. Contact me directly if there's anything urgent.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2016, 12:01:00 pm »

Provide overwatch and prayer.
Activating standard Xcom turn end sequence.

"I know Comrade, it's fairly boring here. But hey, no news is good news when you're in enemy territory right?"

Calmly keep watch for hostiles, hum a tune.
You hum the theme song to MASH

It's probably reminds me of safety of resting on my mother's chest. Lover also sounds very likely. Keep hugging the metal ass for now. I assume it is Miya's.

When the shuttle comes, get on it. Probably with the other two surrenderred guys if they are feeling like switching sides for longer life.

You get shuttled away from the loving embrace of metallic ass.

By the way, where are we putting you? The sword? With the other teams?

As per that shuttle, it's coming in. You can see it with the gunship cams. Should be here end of next turn.

Question pw, if you think there's nothing more incoming or that we've scared them off for good, could you tell us? And would you be ok with some members on our team either joining team Tsunami in clearing that building or taking a shuttle to the evac area to help out there? Miya would stay on post in either case, but it might be nice if (some of) the others wouldn't just have to keep waiting and doing nothing.

Hold the shuttle from leaving for a moment in case we do in fact wanna send someone extra on it.

Well, you'll reach that point eventually but it may take a few more times of repelling invaders.

Well, I guess I'll help with the fires. Even if I don't find anybody I could save, it might help protect the unburnt buildings or help with PR.

Unless that disarmed guy is in any condition to speak. In which case talk to him, interrogate him. Ask him for the name of whoever is in charge here and any other useful info he can provide.

((Haven't read the radio thread yet, so if there's anything important there, I haven't read it. Contact me directly if there's anything urgent.))
You wander out into the fucked to death ash crater and sadly stomp out any fires you come across. You mumble "Sorry about that" under your breath every now and again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2016, 12:02:03 pm »

Pray to the gods, praising them and thanking for the success in our battles.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2016, 01:07:45 pm »

Well, you'll reach that point eventually but it may take a few more times of repelling invaders

Ok then. Will you tell us when we are at that point?

Keep watching through cams, be sure to also check on the other side of the mountain from time to time. Could I make a foxhole that could accomodate at least a battlesuit somewhere near/inside the mountain entrance?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2016, 01:46:18 pm »

Keep stomping fires and looking for anyone I could help.
Mutter about those damn rats fires.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »

Any team that is not happily slaughtering civilians for fun, please. Of course such team doesn't exists, so let's go with the least violent team. Roll a dice if no singular match is found.

And check out the shuttle. Does it contain any convenient loot for me to grab, such as radio (so I can actually chat with people) or space suit (join the fetish brand)? Since Dubley went and stole my weapons, what I'm left with other than standard UWM uniform?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:33:58 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2016, 04:44:04 pm »

((If you want Miya could borrow you some small things, an electronade and (a) sticky goop nade(s). And Lars has quite a few small arms he might be willing to borrow one of to you as well (walking armory that man), if you ask nicely.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2016, 12:05:27 pm »

"Mmmmhmmm
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin~"

Keep on keeping watch. Continue singing MASh theme, then switch over to something else.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54:51 am »

Pray to the gods, praising them and thanking for the success in our battles.
I wonder how one prays to the ER gods? Is it the normal way? Or does it involve something uniquely HMRC. Do you have to point a gun at your commanding officer? Do you have to murder someone for a minor disagreement? Do you have to mess up a Speech roll and verbally assault a passerby? Shoot the mission objective? Maybe lose a limb? Do a silly dance? Scream about space bees? The possibilities are...large but not endless.

"Mmmmhmmm
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin~"

Keep on keeping watch. Continue singing MASh theme, then switch over to something else.
MASH having suicide is painless as a theme was weird.

You switch over to the theme from scooby doo.

By the way, unrelated note, Mystery Incorporated, the rather recent incarnation of scooby doo, was actually really good.  I recommend it. It gets pretty dark.

Any team that is not happily slaughtering civilians for fun, please. Of course such team doesn't exists, so let's go with the least violent team. Roll a dice if no singular match is found.

And check out the shuttle. Does it contain any convenient loot for me to grab, such as radio (so I can actually chat with people) or space suit (join the fetish brand)? Since Dubley went and stole my weapons, what I'm left with other than standard UWM uniform?

We'll assume you can get a standard suit, and a gauss rifle, if you're good with those. As per your team....lets go with  avalanche. Egan just abandoned them, after all.

Keep stomping fires and looking for anyone I could help.
Mutter about those damn rats fires.

Mutter mutter stomp.

Well, you'll reach that point eventually but it may take a few more times of repelling invaders

Ok then. Will you tell us when we are at that point?

Keep watching through cams, be sure to also check on the other side of the mountain from time to time. Could I make a foxhole that could accomodate at least a battlesuit somewhere near/inside the mountain entrance?

Sure, but guess who just rolled well/badly! Your team!

The orbital cam pipes you images of at least a dozen shuttles moving towards the island in formation. They're big ones too, bigger than the ones we normally use. Maybe bombers as well as troop transports? Maybe just not as well miniaturized, who can say.

As per fox holes, we can assume you took this time to blow a small tactical crater in the lobby inside the mouth of the cavern.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 11:39:26 am »

((Apparently, I haven't stealthily PTWed this thread yet. I recromend you have the gunship engage those shuttles with lasers. Should be fairly effective.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 03:57:20 pm »

Sure, but guess who just rolled well/badly! Your team!
Hooray!/?

By the way, unrelated note, Mystery Incorporated, the rather recent incarnation of scooby doo, was actually really good.  I recommend it. It gets pretty dark.
This man, his word is good. As was that show.

The orbital cam pipes you images of at least a dozen shuttles moving towards the island in formation. They're big ones too, bigger than the ones we normally use. Maybe bombers as well as troop transports? Maybe just not as well miniaturized, who can say.

For our own gunship that should still be around:

Is that formation tight enough to be vulnerable to a large yield guided airburst missile (or 1/8th kiloton nuke)? Costs 5 vouchers.
If yes, hit them with one of those, paying 5 vouchers.
If not, let gunship engage with lasers, doing three independent 5sec sweeps (costing 3 vouchers), try to damage multiple targets if possible. If cutting laser strength doesn't seem like it'd damage those shuttles, upgrade to two 3sec sweeps (of higher strength, mind). Gunship info here, as reminder: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/High_Altitude_Gunship
If Lars will be using his nuclear/regular long range gauss round, work in conjunction with him to ensure max application of damage between him and gunship.

For myself, either engage with laser once they are in range (max power min diffusion) or open up two portals in front of two shuttles so they crash into each other. Try not to stand right in the open, if at all possible. Keep an eye out in the surrounding in case this is the diversion for an ambush.

"Ok people, look alive, we have unidentified shuttles incoming. At least a dozen big shuttles moving toward us in formation, might be troop transports or gunships or both, hard to say. Considered sending out a warning message first, but that would tip them off and probably get them to make evasive maneuvers, so we probably shouldn't do that.

I'm gonna let the gunship take a shot at it first, but I still want you guys to get into formation. Spread out a bit in case they retaliate, weapons free once they come into range. Pan, you can use one of your teammates as a shield or try to get out of sight, your choice. Lars, you can use your special long range surprise, though make sure we are not caught in the blast radius if you do.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:16:16 am by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 04:03:54 pm »

"~Scooby Dooby Doo, here are you
You're ready and you're willing

If we can count on you Scooby Doo
I know we'll caawwww, son of a bitch. I was just having fun. Yo, mother hen, do you mind if I come hide under your protective wing? I don't want to be in the open when they drop kiloton nukes."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10