Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Mission 27: Earthquake team  (Read 24363 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Earthquake team
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2016, 02:54:15 pm »

((Comrade Dimitri best id.))

Ask Steve if he could send over a shuttle to pick up [Aoshi's new char]. And if he'd be allowed to join one of the newb teams to help with the evac (aka get back into the mission).

Observe fireworks. Shield vulnerable teammates (including those surrendering dudes, though I think they're too far to be in danger) from debris if needed. Call up pocket dimension portal in front of Flint and one near us so he can step through it and get out of the starshower quickly. Be sure to close the portals afterwards. If that's not possible, then call up portal between starshower and me/people in need to help shield me/them from the impending rain.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:39:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 05:08:46 pm »

"Yo. if any of you are in the courtyard, you might want to get your ass out of there. Shit's about to get fucking magical up in here."

Watch Comrade Dimitri do his thing with glee. Try not to get caught in the attack. Also take on a fancy pose. Be happy that my Id really gets me.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:03:29 pm by Pancaek »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »

"Blessed be the might of Steve and the wonders he provides."

Lars is out of fire range, right?  Keep shooting dudes that are bad dudes.  Don't get Exterminatused.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2016, 11:49:55 pm »

If entry to Comrade Dimitri's magical realm happens to be near where I am, then turn around and get back inside. Otherwise marvel how blatantly these guys ignore tech bans.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 06:58:33 am »

Good thing I scared most of the soldiers and civilians into running away. Otherwise there would be much more of them in danger.

Warn everyone who can run to run. Grab as many civilians/disarmed people as I can with hands/containment gun and fly away.

If it looks like shooting at things would help:
Use Indigo Hydra against small bad things if they are coming from the sky. Otherwise use mining laser sweeps.
Use Violet Overcharge against large bad things. Hold the trigger, big boom.
Use a single shot of Red Sunbeam against really big stuff.

Edit: You said the range of the containment gun is about 33 meters. If that's long enough and wide enough to grab whatever's coming and stop it, then do that.

Edit2: If all else fails and something big is coming my way, kinamp punch it in overdrive mode and hope the red dice rolls my way.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:53:11 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 02:37:14 pm »

"Yo. if any of you are in the courtyard, you might want to get your ass out of there. Shit's about to get fucking magical up in here."

Watch Comrade Dimitri do his thing with glee. Try not to get caught in the attack. Also take on a fancy pose. Be happy that my Id really gets me.

Strike a fancy pose?
Spoiler: Ok. (click to show/hide)

You do your best flamboyant but still totally manly pose and watch as Dimitri's attack completes.

((Comrade Dimitri best id.))

Ask Steve if he could send over a shuttle to pick up [Aoshi's new char]. And if he'd be allowed to join one of the newb teams to help with the evac (aka get back into the mission).

Observe fireworks. Shield vulnerable teammates (including those surrendering dudes, though I think they're too far to be in danger) from debris if needed. Call up pocket dimension portal in front of Flint and one near us so he can step through it and get out of the starshower quickly. Be sure to close the portals afterwards. If that's not possible, then call up portal between starshower and me/people in need to help shield me/them from the impending rain.

We'll assume steve is sending a shuttle. Mostly because your communication gets cut off halfway through. You provide a protective metal ass to the vulnerable people around you and a portal out for the people who are standing around in the danger zone.

If entry to Comrade Dimitri's magical realm happens to be near where I am, then turn around and get back inside. Otherwise marvel how blatantly these guys ignore tech bans.
You hide behind a giant metal ass like a true ARM convert.

"Blessed be the might of Steve and the wonders he provides."

Lars is out of fire range, right?  Keep shooting dudes that are bad dudes.  Don't get Exterminatused.
You hang around on the wall and watch the fireworks.

Good thing I scared most of the soldiers and civilians into running away. Otherwise there would be much more of them in danger.

Warn everyone who can run to run. Grab as many civilians/disarmed people as I can with hands/containment gun and fly away.

If it looks like shooting at things would help:
Use Indigo Hydra against small bad things if they are coming from the sky. Otherwise use mining laser sweeps.
Use Violet Overcharge against large bad things. Hold the trigger, big boom.
Use a single shot of Red Sunbeam against really big stuff.

Edit: You said the range of the containment gun is about 33 meters. If that's long enough and wide enough to grab whatever's coming and stop it, then do that.

Edit2: If all else fails and something big is coming my way, kinamp punch it in overdrive mode and hope the red dice rolls my way.

So Paris here is trying to stop things. But the thing is, Radio is using a portal to try and get people back over to him....So...Radio do you want to let Paris stand there and try to stop the attack or do you want to shoot the portal in such a way as to forcibly bring him out of the line of fire. I'm fine either way, I'm just not sure what your character would do.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2016, 02:47:07 pm »

Clarification: The stopping thing is just a contingency in case I don't get away in time. Fly/Run away with anyone I can rescue still takes precedence.

If I can maybe shoot/stop the thing even after I'm safe, then I'd like to do that to try and save more people.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2016, 03:32:46 pm »

Clarification: The stopping thing is just a contingency in case I don't get away in time. Fly/Run away with anyone I can rescue still takes precedence.

If I can maybe shoot/stop the thing even after I'm safe, then I'd like to do that to try and save more people.

Ok.

I'm just gonna have you leave. Because there's really not anyone still standing around that you can save. This courtyard has been shot to shit by several people and the asshole of darkest space is opening up above it so anyone who is just standing out in the open is long fucking gone. And you don't have time to tip over all the little houses and sort out who deserves death and who is just getting it by reason of their location and cosmically bad luck. So you're out, baby, either through the portal or just via a good old fashion leap. I rolled for it but it's not worth showing because of course you succeeded. Of course you did.

A point of darkness appears in the air above the courtyard. It wavers there for a moment, pulsing, before it expands outward explosively. It forms a disk, a great window that peers straight into the void of space. A glittering nebula of stars looms through that portal, a grey gold cloud of light and dust speckled with tiny lights. Slowly the nebula moves, sloughing out of the portal in one giant glob, like tar or molasses. Black, star filled goo oozes from the edges of the portal and flows down onto the streets. The second the nebula touches the street the thousand upon thousands of stars within it burn brighter, blindingly bright, and the cloud detonates. Each star roars outward, moving of its own accord, spiraling, curling, diving and rising, trailing a tail of light behind it. They streak out at ballistic speeds, punching through homes, lighting anything they touch on fire and detonating into thousands of tiny glowing needles with a sound like wind chimes being hit with a sledge hammer. It lasts only a few seconds but when it's over everything within several blocks of the courtyard has been shredded into burning pieces.

The portal closes with a vacuum roar and the sky fades back into place.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 03:34:22 pm »

So Paris here is trying to stop things. But the thing is, Radio is using a portal to try and get people back over to him....So...Radio do you want to let Paris stand there and try to stop the attack or do you want to shoot the portal in such a way as to forcibly bring him out of the line of fire. I'm fine either way, I'm just not sure what your character would do.

Hmm. On the one hand, Miya would probably forcefully take him back if it seems like he's in over his head or about to do something stupid or die. But on the other hand, at this range and with it looking like he's gonna be shooting something, he'd probably first just open a portal next to him, to prevent eg him accidentally tripping and shooting someone through the portal.

So, just open it next to him, but if it looks like he's not gonna make it out or is trying to be a hero or something, take him back.

EDIT: ninja'd be pw.

Scan the area that was hit with cameyes. I'm guessing nothing survived at ground zero? What about at the edges?

Keep looking through gunship cams at surrounding area as well.

Any sign of that incoming shuttle? How many more turns, approximately?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:23:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2016, 10:19:48 am »

Calm down and reign in Comrade Dimitri if he would keep attacking, though I think that won't be a problem. Say below to Comrade Dimitri.

"Comrade, that was amazing. That was absolutely beautiful. Splendid job, 10 outta 10, would unleash upon my enemies again. Now we can just kick back and relax, since apparently we're not allowed to attack on sight anymore on account of too much collateral damage."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2016, 11:35:45 am »

Keep using the shiny metal ass for cover. Should the shuttle Miya called arrive, board it and get hauled wherever it goes.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2016, 12:02:22 pm »

Uh. Crap. Did I at least manage to grab any of the people I disarmed?

Is there anything I could do to help? Could I help put out the fires or rescue people from burning buildings with the containment gun? Or maybe just collapse a few of the already destroyed buildings to create a firebreak to prevent the fire from spreading?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2016, 10:06:28 pm »

"Blessed be the power of Steve."

See who's showing up to see what the fuck just happened.  Shoot hostiles with laser beams.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 04:58:51 pm »

Hmm. On the one hand, Miya would probably forcefully take him back if it seems like he's in over his head or about to do something stupid or die. But on the other hand, at this range and with it looking like he's gonna be shooting something, he'd probably first just open a portal next to him, to prevent eg him accidentally tripping and shooting someone through the portal.

So, just open it next to him, but if it looks like he's not gonna make it out or is trying to be a hero or something, take him back.

EDIT: ninja'd be pw.

Scan the area that was hit with cameyes. I'm guessing nothing survived at ground zero? What about at the edges?

Keep looking through gunship cams at surrounding area as well.

Any sign of that incoming shuttle? How many more turns, approximately?

Nah, looks pretty fucking dead out there.

As per that shuttle, it's coming in. You can see it with the gunship cams. Should be here end of next turn.

Calm down and reign in Comrade Dimitri if he would keep attacking, though I think that won't be a problem. Say below to Comrade Dimitri.

"Comrade, that was amazing. That was absolutely beautiful. Splendid job, 10 outta 10, would unleash upon my enemies again. Now we can just kick back and relax, since apparently we're not allowed to attack on sight anymore on account of too much collateral damage."
Comrade looks slightly annoyed by the fact that he can't continue destroying the city, but he shrugs and idly plays with one of his vulture headed serpents.

Keep using the shiny metal ass for cover. Should the shuttle Miya called arrive, board it and get hauled wherever it goes.
You cling to that metal ass like it was your mother, father, lover and one true god. It might, in fact, be at least one of those.

Uh. Crap. Did I at least manage to grab any of the people I disarmed?

Is there anything I could do to help? Could I help put out the fires or rescue people from burning buildings with the containment gun? Or maybe just collapse a few of the already destroyed buildings to create a firebreak to prevent the fire from spreading?

Eh, we can say you got one.

As per things to do to help, you might be able to put out fires but really the only stuff that is currently on fire is within the radius of total destruction. It might spread, but it hasn't, at least not yet.

"Blessed be the power of Steve."

See who's showing up to see what the fuck just happened.  Shoot hostiles with laser beams.

So far, no one is showing up. Perhaps the display of the cosmos reaching a galactic hand down into the city and punching reality in the nose was enough to send them running. The ineffable finger of God is rarely within the pay grade of mercs and warlord soldiers

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 01:59:58 am »

It's probably reminds me of safety of resting on my mother's chest. Lover also sounds very likely. Keep hugging the metal ass for now. I assume it is Miya's.

When the shuttle comes, get on it. Probably with the other two surrenderred guys if they are feeling like switching sides for longer life.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:59:48 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10