Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Mission 27: Blizzard Team (ready)  (Read 18736 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Blizzard Team
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2016, 01:42:25 pm »

Hm. How are we on intel? Any information on current concentrations of population in this area? There's still plenty of meat to gather, after all.

I hear the newbie teams are also apparently doing something. Does it seem to be working?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2016, 09:36:17 pm »

Things to do during timeskip:

once everyone who is coming to the portal are through, fly off on my id again and have it systematcally destroy tge slums working from the outside in.
make sure to start by destroying all land access and placing the exit portal in the centre.

try to keep casualties to a minimum, constantly broadcast a message containing the location of the portal.

then fly off after my teams shuttle.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 04:50:48 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2016, 03:07:01 pm »

Since PW wants us to move on already, make sure we get everyone loaded onto the shuttle. Keep a headcount or something so we don't lose anybody. Double check with Steve to make sure the newbie teams aren't missing anyone, or rather find out who they might have lost and or teamkilled. Can I get a layout of the next area we're going to from Steve so I can study it on the way?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »

Indeed, let's be off! And also get a layout.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »

Prepare a speech to greet the next island with, introducing us and inviting the civilians to the portal.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2016, 03:35:46 pm »

Prepare a speech to greet the next island with, introducing us and inviting the civilians to the portal.

Actually, assist with this on the way. Let's give each other our best speeches and see what we can hammer out together.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2016, 01:21:21 pm »

once everyone who is coming to the portal are through, fly off on my id again and have it systematcally destroy tge slums working from the outside in.
make sure to start by destroying all land access and placing the exit portal in the centre.

try to keep casualties to a minimum, constantly broadcast a message containing the location of the portal.

That seems a bit needless, but ok, I guess.

Sounds good. Lift the tarp up enough that I can see things and chill until we're told to move or whatver. Is the guy I disassembled responding yet?

"I know you're in there, I put your brain in my brain compartment. It's probably a better idea to answer me than go mad from sensory deprivation.
Responding is a difficult thing. He's mentally screaming, but he's not talking to you.

Since PW wants us to move on already, make sure we get everyone loaded onto the shuttle. Keep a headcount or something so we don't lose anybody. Double check with Steve to make sure the newbie teams aren't missing anyone, or rather find out who they might have lost and or teamkilled. Can I get a layout of the next area we're going to from Steve so I can study it on the way?
We'll assume everyone gets loaded. And gets onto the shuttle as well.

Indeed, let's be off! And also get a layout.
Of what? The next island?

Are you sure you want to leave that to a roll? I mean, you've had years of seeing what I do with speech rolls.

Actually, assist with this on the way. Let's give each other our best speeches and see what we can hammer out together.
Alright then. I'll roll and hide the roll till you use it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2016, 01:37:03 pm »

Go along and keep trying to talk to the guy. I gotta have someone to gloat to, after all!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2016, 07:22:48 pm »

Yes the next island. Give me the next island, all of it.

Keep working at that speech also. Consider great speeches of HMRC history.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2016, 11:27:25 pm »

That seems a bit needless, but ok, I guess.
((how so?
we've collected around 700 people so far by my estimate out of how many thousand that live in the slums?
these refugees will be too hard to track down once they leave the slums, if I prevent them leaving wont that make them easier to extract?
and if I suddenly start destroying the city around them wont they inevitably flee to the portal to grasp at their last hope of survival?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 01:15:57 pm »

I want the roll, yes. I mean, I have an okay CHA.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »

Ok, I've got enzymes to memorize so lets get this done and stop fucking about.

If you had something this turn like "Return to shuttle" or "Grab my stuff and be ready to leave" it auto completes. No rolls, just done. If you had some other action, and it is OF VITAL IMPORTANCE(!) then pm me and we'll do it like that. Otherwise post pone them/cancel them. Priority goes to us not standing around drowning on our own insipid saliva.

So we're heading over to the next island. This one is a bit different. It's more well to do, sort of a middle class deal thanks to a fairly good trade system they have going. And they have a pretty big plantation of Hibus Bananas, which gets them a pretty penny. These guys are gonna be harder to dislodge because unlike the slums, these people actually have an established life and income and home and other such things that people are annoyingly clingy to. The island itself is an old volcanic island; something like Hawaii or the Japanese islands. Here, let me create a map

Now I'll leave it to you how you wanna handle this, but I can tell you that there ain't any major roads that lead into the jungle or to the volcano. There's one running through the plantation and around to the fishing village but isn't very direct. The volcano is quite high  and has a good vantage point but there's also no good way up for your average civie. And if you just bomb them then the populace is probably gonna run for the jungle and hide or maybe try to steal a boat at the port and make for open ocean. If you're gonna just kidnap them, I'd recommend waiting till nightfall and staging a raid. Get them at 3am and you'll have a good head start on mass reactions since the majority of people will be asleep, even if there is a lot of screaming happening a few blocks away.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2016, 12:31:07 am »

I'm not sure where Blizzard's going or anything; maybe the secondary port at first would be alright. Either way, don't actually do much of anything, instead continuing to talk to the poor bastard I disassembled. Try to get his name, maybe a bit of info about him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2016, 04:20:59 pm »

Hmm putting aside my whole "systematically glass the previous island plan" im still waiting on the conclusion for, lets get some prep in fir the new island.

can I get my pocket dimensions atmosphere converted into pressurised non-lethal nerve gas please?
Nobody suspects 3 am fog to really be knockout gas.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2016, 05:03:31 am »

Well, shall we encircle the coastal settlement at night? Place our portal nearby, then do some door-to-door evacuation. If questions are asked, apply previously worked-out speech on citizens. Employ the services of Typhoon and Avalanche teams (encirclement/evacuation help) and sod squad (encirclement) to help in this.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 05:06:45 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9