Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27:Avalanche team (ready)  (Read 27454 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Avalanche team
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2016, 02:36:18 pm »

Kate hooks herself into one of the drop lines in preparation for dropping out the back to provide fire support.
((Three turns ago. [Or there abouts]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2016, 02:42:55 pm »

Kate hooks herself into one of the drop lines in preparation for dropping out the back to provide fire support.
((Three turns ago. [Or there abouts]))
There's nothing to hook.

Does your suit have hooks? Do you have a harness? I just interpreted this as "grab a rope and be ready". And that state stopped when you started shooting because it uses both hands.

Now, if you had rolled well enough to jump out before the barrel roll, I would have had you grab a rope, slide down and jump into the water. But as things were, you were pointing your gun out the hatch with a bunch of people about to beat you to death when the shuttle flipped and you all went tumbling out. There wasn't, with your reactions, any time to grab anything.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2016, 02:46:38 pm »

Could have tied it around the suit. And you never mentioned any of that anywhere which makes it kind of unfair to just suddenly mention this after I've died because of lacking this knowledge.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »

You hook yourself in and perch on the edge of the hatch, rope in one hand and weapon in the other. You can see smoke on the horizon. Things should be starting soon.
((You did say she hooked herself in.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2016, 03:11:09 pm »

Could have tied it around the suit. And you never mentioned any of that anywhere which makes it kind of unfair to just suddenly mention this after I've died because of lacking this knowledge.
You hook yourself in and perch on the edge of the hatch, rope in one hand and weapon in the other. You can see smoke on the horizon. Things should be starting soon.
((You did say she hooked herself in.))
Fine, you're not dead. Instead you get whipped out of the ship by the roll and the force of catching on your rope combined with the shit end roll breaks your spine.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2016, 03:13:04 pm »

Well, that's fine then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2016, 03:13:39 pm »

((Spoilsport.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2016, 04:18:32 pm »

((So, does that mean Trier just backflipped out of some random civilian instead of Kate?:P))
Trier dusted himself off patting his crystalline projector to make sure it was still with him before turning back to the corpse in front of him.
Damnit, sorry about that, from the air you looked just like this girl I'm trying to kill.
Trier attempted to figure out two things:
1: Where the hell was he?
2: Was there anyone he could introduce to his crystalline bayonet?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 07:15:46 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2016, 05:24:36 pm »

Lysander sputters, spitting up a mouthful of water and thanking whatever divine forces there may be for the ridiculous happenstance. Look for the nearest teammate- yes, Kate included.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2016, 05:40:29 pm »

Hang in there watch for hostiles to wound.
forgot we had sods, have the sods perform random customs checks on the refugees to catch weapons passing through the portal and deter smuggling.

if a smuggler is found drop the portcullis in front of them and have a sod or two hold them down in front of everyone.
use my matter saver to remove their hands to make an example of them before raising the portcullis again so the other refugees can continue through to the portal.

Also manifest my id and send it off to ruin all of avalanches teamkilling dreams, just have it fly in and throw its weight around.. maybe scare some refugees our way while its at it?

as a side action can I get steve to set the gravity in my pocket dimension to be a universal constant of 1G and have it be unaffected by mass?
if so, can I also get the imensional walls  to be about 10 feet thick and made of something at nuetron star level density?

i just know im gonna throw something extremely volatile in there at some point and I dont want to find out the repercussions of dimensional collapse first hand.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:01:10 am by kj1225 »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2016, 05:52:34 pm »

First, if possible, catch any falling teammates in midair, or at least try to make sure they land on water. But don't try any air ace stuff; if there's a major risk to me, and a low chance of success, don't bother.

Anyway, with that done, find Kate's body. Should be inert due to spinal injuries, but twitchblade the arms off if it looks at all living. Alternatively, if its on the rope, cut the rope pretty high up, preferably using the shuttle as cover, or from the greatest possible distance. Then catch it if it falls off the rope disarmed, watch the splat if it might still fire. Get her weapons.

I'm not getting video-game constant poison damage, am I? Sepsis seems like more of a longer term problem, but you're the med student.

"Then again, I was a bit hasty. Wait a sec, Kate, I'll fly to the shuttle and pull you up and we can be friends. But you gotta let me take a shot with that rifle sometime, that thing is freaking - splutter - lethal!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:54:50 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2016, 07:10:28 pm »

"Are we back to forgiving each other and making up now?"

Land somewhere near Kate's Body. Get out of shuttle.

Wait for Christopher to have his way with her before taking my turn.

Then shoot Kate in the braincase with a blaster while loudly beseeching Ahnubi and all the gods of death to accept my sacrifice.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:33:04 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2016, 10:09:13 pm »

So Kate lived. Bastard demanded fair treatment and reasonable actions and shit like that. The jerk.  The guy that would have landed on her corpse instead lands on a humanitarian aid worker who was just two days away from finishing his time here and returning to his soon to be wife, terminally ill brother who was counting on an organ donation from him and the bus of orphans who depended on him to drive them to their dialysis appointments. The guy still did that flip afterwards though, it's just not quite as funny now.

((So, does that mean Trier just backflipped out of some random civilian instead of Kate?:P))
Trier dusted himself off patting his crystalline projector to make sure it was still with him before turning back to the corpse in front of him.
Damnit, sorry about that, from the air you looked just like this girl I'm trying to kill.
Trier attempted to figure out two things:
1: Where the hell was he?
2: Was there anyone he could introduce to his crystalline bayonet?

1. You appear to be in some kind of small, very poorly made shack of a house. The walls are made of sheets of corrugated metal, with countless tiny rust holes eaten through them. Tiny sunbeams shine through the holes and speckle the dark walls with hard points of light. The ceiling looks like it was once a combination of plastic tarps and wooden shipping pallets, lashed together with synthetic rope and hefty helpings of duct tape. Now it's nothing more then a collection of shattered planks and torn plastic laying around you. Speaking of shattered things around you, it turns out that this small building was not just occupied by humanitarians come airbags. There are several children in here as well, and an older woman. And they are all screaming. The children appear to be crying and screaming at the universe itself, which has delivered them into this particular hellish slice of existence. The woman, however, is most definitely screaming at you in particular. She is also throwing things, bits of debris and the occasional cooking implement or suitcase.

2. Hmm, well you've got a mind and gen know of zero and a fate of -1, so lets leave it up to a roll. [6] Hmmm, well fine. You shoulder check the old woman into a wall and shove the kids out of the way before kicking down the door and heading out. Or at least you attempt to kick the door down. In reality the door swings the opposite way and you just end up kicking it so hard that you tear it and the entire ramshackle wall it is embedded in away from the rest of the home and cause the entire structure to collapse behind you. It looks pretty neat, almost like you planned it, but you are also a monster. Trade offs.

Lysander sputters, spitting up a mouthful of water and thanking whatever divine forces there may be for the ridiculous happenstance. Look for the nearest teammate- yes, Kate included.
I'm gonna hope you ain't spitting up water because you should be in an airtight suit. Also the "Water" there is about 60% feces and 39% used syringes so I REALLY hope you didn't go into that with your mouth open. As per nearby teammates you can see Trier kicking his way out of a home about 40 feet away. There are relatively few people around, at least out on the street, and they scatter as he steps out. You bob over to the nearest chunk of floating infrustructure and pull yourself out. You struggle up and shake yourself off, waving to Trier as you do.

"That first step is a doozy, eh?"

Hang in there watch for hostiles to wound.
forgot we had sods, have the sods perform random customs checks on the refugees to catch weapons passing through the portal and deter smuggling.

if a smuggler is found drop the portcullis in front of them and have a sod or two hold them down in front of everyone.
use my matter saver to remove their hands to make an example of them before raising the portcullis again so the other refugees can continue through to the portal.

Also manifest my id and send it off to ruin all of avalanches teamkilling dreams, just have it fly in and throw its weight around.. maybe scare some refugees our way while its at it?

as a side action can I get steve to set the gravity in my pocket dimension to be a universal constant of 1G and have it be unaffected by mass?
if so, can I also get the imensional walls  to be about 10 feet thick and made of something at nuetron star level density?

i just know im gonna throw something extremely volatile in there at some point and I dont want to find out the repercussions of dimensional collapse first hand.

Hang in there eh?
[5]
You mother fucker and your apparently inhuman pain tolerance.

Wait, why dd you quote unholy?

First, if possible, catch any falling teammates in midair, or at least try to make sure they land on water. But don't try any air ace stuff; if there's a major risk to me, and a low chance of success, don't bother.

Anyway, with that done, find Kate's body. Should be inert due to spinal injuries, but twitchblade the arms off if it looks at all living. Alternatively, if its on the rope, cut the rope pretty high up, preferably using the shuttle as cover, or from the greatest possible distance. Then catch it if it falls off the rope disarmed, watch the splat if it might still fire. Get her weapons.

I'm not getting video-game constant poison damage, am I? Sepsis seems like more of a longer term problem, but you're the med student.

"Then again, I was a bit hasty. Wait a sec, Kate, I'll fly to the shuttle and pull you up and we can be friends. But you gotta let me take a shot with that rifle sometime, that thing is freaking - splutter - lethal!"
Too late to catch anyone, Mr. Pneumothorax, that boat has sailed, crashed, and sank already.

Kate is very obviously hanging from a rope out of the bottom of the shuttle which is...I assume hovering for the moment? I mean, if the next posts contain instructions for the pilot to start swerving around  then I'm gonna laugh. And Kate is gonna die. So we'll see. Hmm, you want to cut off her limbs? Oh, or the rope. Hmm. Well, lets see, what your Exo is like. Oh, it's a -1. Huh. And you thought that using a living, alien weapon was a good idea? Ok.  Lets see how this goes.
[2]
Ah, it goes like that.

You get up, balance yourself as best you can, and then hurl the twitchblade at the distant, wiggly traitor on a rope that is Kate. The Twitchblade flies forward about 5 feet, hovers in air like a lost circular saw trying to remember which way it needs to go to eviscerate a person, and then pulls an abrupt u-turn and flies straight back at you.
[4]
You duck the blade, catching only a shallow gash as it embeds itself in the ground behind you. You are beginning to understand why Maurice never used the thing.

As per that sepsis, yes, usually thats longer term. But you just got a big injection of straight sewer water into not only your blood but your chest cavity. And this is the FIRST stop on our little road trip. Just a heads up Mr. "Bits of human feces accumulating in your right atrium."

"Are we back to forgiving each other and making up now?"

Land somewhere near Kate's Body. Get out of shuttle.

Wait for Christopher to have his way with her before taking my turn.

Then shoot Kate in the braincase with a blaster while loudly beseeching Ahnubi and all the gods of death to accept my sacrifice.

Oh dear.  Well, Kate is still attached to the ship, so lets have you come down near the two other idiots who fell out instead.  Now, the question is, once you touch down, do you want to actually want to wait for Chris? He's across town, enjoying hemotoxicity and weapons that appear to dislike the fact that his head is attached to his neck. You, on the other hand are here, armed and ready to put plasma in skulls. Though, I should warn you, Kate is still armed herself, and she seems very capable of shooting back at you. You ready for this duel?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2016, 10:16:40 pm »

OI M8 WHERE'S MY ACTION
"Well that was dumb. Also, I figured out how to talk somehow! Take that,  stasis dementia!"
Get on doorlaser, given that no-one else is here to hog it to themselves. Yell at civilians over the radio.

Contemplate the fact that the fate of humanity relies on a massive wetware computer that allowed a child to attend a mission to save the universe because it was high on Hydrocodone at the time.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:44:23 pm by Egan_BW »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2016, 10:27:43 pm »

"Ah now this brings me back to when I got to help the troubleshooters collect some "protection" money."
Wave back to Lysandra and stab the first civilian who looks at me funny with my crystalline projector. Scream "YOU DIDNT SEE ANYTHING!" to everyone else as I do this.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12