Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27:Avalanche team (ready)  (Read 27568 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 27:Avalanche team
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:12 pm »

Kate hooks herself into one of the drop lines in preparation for dropping out the back to provide fire support.
Done and done.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2016, 07:34:20 pm »

Quote from: Gordon Freeman To: Glorious leader Steve
I must ask; why did you allow that child to go on this mission?
Type somewhat angrily at Steve.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2016, 08:30:49 pm »

Quote from: Gordon Freeman To: Glorious leader Steve
I must ask; why did you allow that child to go on this mission?
Type somewhat angrily at Steve.
>Hydrocodone

"Some people just won't be helped."

Punch a different hole, fly a good fifty feet straight up, and throw a goop grenade at whoever annoys me the most. Then patiently dodge rocks, explain to everyone that this is their fault and not mine, and toss an electronade at a firm but fair stun setting if they keep seriously attacking me.

Naturally, use the twitchblade and lethal-setting electronades on anyone attacking me with a real weapon. No need to kill civilians, but anybody threatening more than slapstick is putting more than a few limbs on the line.

[2]
You punch feverishly at the water. Not at the floor above you, but the water.

Nice job.

Shoot the guy who insists on aggravating the people. With lasers, no need for Neo therm yet.
Protect Pseudos using the turret for long to medium range threats and the crystalline projector's bayonet feature for any close range threats.
USE FULL FORCE OF PURE CHARISMA AND FRANTIC GESTURING TO PREVENT TEAMKILLING. OPPOSED CHA VS WILL.
I forgot if Cha vs. Will even works anymore. If not, a crowbar where it hurts most should suffice.

We're not taking shots at each other are we?

Fly around, strafing the crowd to allow our turret gunner to shoot into it if necessary.

Well, you guys decide to leave the portal and fly back over to the slums. Once there, one of you attempts to murder pseudos, the other attempts to protect him by firing into the crowd and the third screams and makes wild gestures to try and prevent the first from acting. Lets see, shall we?

Well first off, Kate rolls a 5 for her mind, so she saves against mr. freeman's gesturing (3).  And unfortunately for Pseudos Kate has really good aim. Specifically she has 6+2 vs an end of 3 + shit all. So congrats Pseudos, in addition to a silly fucking name you now have a large, structurally superfluous chest cavity opening.  Which is currently filling with sewage and used syringes. And though you do have a MKIII medical system which will keep you from being in absolute agony, it won't prevent the whole sucking chest wound from making the process of breathing rather difficult. I'd fix that because you're about to drown in a way that is quite unique.

And finally, Midnight. Now, I can interpret this two ways. You want to protect pseudos from threats. Well that could either be the crowd or it could be Kate. Lets see what that gen knowledge of yours is. Oh thats a zero. Lets roll. 5. Ah you lucky son of a bitch. For the moment I won't have you fire into the crowd nor lobotomize kate with a crystal bayonet. But you count your lucky stars, space cowboy. And specify your targets or I swear I will find a way to justify you shooting yourself in the genitals.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2016, 08:37:52 pm »

Activate riot-control-mode.
Specifically, hit Kate with a crowbar until she stops teamkilling, one way or another.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2016, 08:39:25 pm »

Spin the electro stick like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
while screaming "TRAITOR!" then stab Kate with elctro stick, if she reacts violently then stab her with the crystal bayonet. Then snatch up the goop grenade she dropped and throw it into the crowd.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:09:04 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2016, 10:31:08 pm »

Kate jumps out of the gunship to make her acquaintance with the crowd. She also drops a goop grenade in the ship for her 'comrades'.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2016, 11:25:45 pm »

Do a barrel roll to mess up any attempts to leave the ship. Let gravity sort everything out.

Shut the shuttle doors using any controls in the cockpit.

Start muttering into the intercoms, conveniently left broadcasting to all bands:
"diebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitch"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:52:34 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2016, 03:01:59 am »

Fly out the water, to somewhere with nobody, as fast as safely possible, use all and any medical supplies on me to fix my chest. Then take steps towards FINDING KATE and dismembering via twitchblade.

And a bureaucrat thought that name was funny. Chris hates it.

Oh, and if Kate starts getting overwhelmed by the crowd, sit on a rooftop nearby and wave instead.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:42:13 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2016, 07:57:43 am »

Throw that goop grenade out of the ship as quickly as possible, while screaming frantic obscenities.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2016, 02:13:01 pm »

Alright.

Activate riot-control-mode.
Specifically, hit Kate with a crowbar until she stops teamkilling, one way or another.

Spin the electro stick like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
while screaming "TRAITOR!" then stab Kate with elctro stick, if she reacts violently then stab her with the crystal bayonet. Then snatch up the goop grenade she dropped and throw it into the crowd.
Kate jumps out of the gunship to make her acquaintance with the crowd. She also drops a goop grenade in the ship for her 'comrades'.
Do a barrel roll to mess up any attempts to leave the ship. Let gravity sort everything out.

Shut the shuttle doors using any controls in the cockpit.

Start muttering into the intercoms, conveniently left broadcasting to all bands:
"diebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitchdiebitch"

Throw that goop grenade out of the ship as quickly as possible, while screaming frantic obscenities.
Lets just fucking roll dex for the entire ship.

1, 1,  3,  6, 5
 0, 0,+1,+1,-1

5+1
Rames yells something about "Press Z or R twice!" and then does an Aileron roll with the shuttle. However, I'll point out that the action to do this came BEFORE shutting the outer doors so...HOWS ABOUT ANOTHER FUCKING DEX ROLL!

0,0,+1,-1

Congrats, everyone except Mr. Freeman is hurled straight out of the fucking shuttle without any chance to get hold of anything. Gordon at least gets a chance.

[5]
And catches hold of one of an unused cargo strap in the passenger section, clinging onto it as the shuttle corkscrews. 

The rest of you...well now I get to look at your inventory and see if you have things that prevent death by falling.

Lysander: Nope. Have an End roll: 5 (-1) Oh you lucky duck. You fall several hundred feet but manage to somehow hit a tiny open square of water in an otherwise inhospitable sea of floating tin and wood. Also, you don't get horribly maimed by water pressure somehow. Good for you.

Kate: Nope! Have an End Roll: 2 (-1). You land flat on your big stupid team killing head and your helmet crushes in like a fucking tin can. Several hours from now a few filthy urchin children will find your body where gravity pile drived it straight into a heavy section of floating shanty town. And your twisted limbs and crushed head, all splayed in a horrible cartoonish mockery of normal anatomy, sil scar them for life!

Trier: NOPE! Have an end Roll: 6 (+1) You do a kickass superhero landing on Kate's body, turning it from a smashed head and undamaged body into previously mentioned mutilated mess! You then jump up and do a backflip, just because you can.

ARTY AND EMILO GAIN A DOOM COUNTER. OH NO THE QUANTUM VOID HAS BECOME MALEVOLENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2016, 02:19:41 pm »

Oh, and you.
Fly out the water, to somewhere with nobody, as fast as safely possible, use all and any medical supplies on me to fix my chest. Then take steps towards FINDING KATE and dismembering via twitchblade.

And a bureaucrat thought that name was funny. Chris hates it.

Oh, and if Kate starts getting overwhelmed by the crowd, sit on a rooftop nearby and wave instead.
Fast as safely possible?
[5]
You rocket up out of the sludge and in a long parabolic arc straight out of the slums and into the wilderness of the island.
[4]
You do your best for your injuries. The Medifoam stops the bleeding and seals the hole, but you're gonna have to get some real medical attention for the sepsis that is brewing in your chest cavity. And the sooner the better.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2016, 02:22:11 pm »

((But Kate was on a drop line. Are you telling me that you can't hol onto that?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2016, 02:25:05 pm »

"Well that was dumb. Also, I figured out how to talk somehow! Take that,  stasis dementia!"
Get on doorlaser, given that no-one else is here to hog it to themselves. Yell at civilians over the radio.

Contemplate the fact that the fate of humanity relies on a massive wetware computer that allowed a child to attend a mission to save the universe because it was high on Hydrocodone at the time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:58:06 pm by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2016, 02:32:28 pm »

((But Kate was on a drop line. Are you telling me that you can't hol onto that?))
She wasn't because she didn't get to act before the shuttle rolled.  The drop lines on the ship are just ropes. You slide down them by hand. So you COULD maybe have caught one, if you rolled well, but you rolled a 1. Yeah, you have +1, but that just prevents you from horribly injuring yourself while attempting to grab it, you still miss.

Also, you guys are a lot higher than the drop lines reach, even if you slid down them you'd still fall more than a 100 feet.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12