Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27:Avalanche team (ready)  (Read 27531 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Avalanche team
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 06:43:05 am »

Just sort of stand around or something, I suppose.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 12:13:25 pm »

Take a look out the side hatch and look for trouble.
Attempt to aviod interacting with idiots doing handstands out of windows.

"Attempt to avoid interacting with idiots"?

You're in the wrong outfit, soldier. To paraphrase the Cheshire cat

“But I don’t want to go among idiots," Egan remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Computer: "they’re all idiots here. He's an idiot. You’re an idiot."
"How do you know I’m an idiot?" said Egan.
"You must be," said the Computer, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Ruminate further on the mysteries of genitalia.
Did you know the baculum of a bear is about the same size as the one from a racoon?

Offer to explain the anatomy of human genitalia; use so much technical jargon that people should find it better to change subject.
You go into immense detail about the anatomy of human genitalia. This doesn't seem to dissuade anybody even a little.

Trier switched his eyes to thermal vision and shot passionate blasts of stimulated radiation into the air to coincide with his sensual hip thrusting.
If you say so.

Christopher does a handstand on the edge of the shuttle door to impress any civilians watching.
I wonder what your dex is like.

[2]

You proceed to do less of a handstand and more of a cartwheel right out the hatch door. You attempt to catch hold of the edge of the hatch.

[5]

You do so with great ease and end up swinging around outside of the shuttle in a very showoffy manner.

Fly the ship in a mostly safe manner.

While forming a group-mind with Kate, Arty and Trier in Meditating on the mysteries of genitalia in all its forms and uses.

Invoke the HMRC god of Bloodletting while using sword and sheath imagery.

Are you attempting to manifest the god of bloodletting via phallic imagery? Does this mean that an erection and bloody violence are connected in your mind?  What are you in here for again?

Just sort of stand around or something, I suppose.

That is probably for the best. Don't let them contaminate you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 12:15:21 pm »

Wave!

Then drop a few dozen feet, before pulling out far above the ground with my rockets, slowly descending to the northernmost point of the crescent, and flitting in about twenty feet above the ground looking for crowds of civilians, especially ones doing interesting things or holding weapons. Make my way from there to the Southern ridge the other shuttles are parked on, trying not to miss anything.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:50:47 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 12:57:15 pm »

If you've processed Hurricane Team already, and this action succeeded:
Establish a text-to-speech connection between Dr. Gordon Freeman's (Avalanche-7's) wristpad and the mob-facing radio frequency.
Then use that connection to reassure the population that ARM is here to help, and that any resistance will simply result in more death. Use General Knowledge and Charisma.
Otherwise:

Look out the side hatch and overwatch with a gauss rifle loaded with HP rounds.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:47:54 pm by Egan_BW »

Nunzillor

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 12:59:14 pm »

((You only have HP rounds, per your action in the Armory thread.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 01:04:34 pm »

Not the kind of bear Kate would be interested in, but that is interesting.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 01:08:21 pm »

((Got mixed up with AntiPersenell.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2016, 01:09:14 pm »

I think we should be looking at team Blizzard's thread for mission information. The two vet teams have landed somewhere and are preparing to jump out to spank... everyone.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2016, 01:11:13 pm »

((Eh, I'm not about to look in more than two threads for mission info.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2016, 01:14:19 pm »

Move to shuttle to hover near team Firestorm and Blizzard to provide close-air support. Side with the gun-door facing "Front" - the general direction of the vet teams' advance.

Scream "Say Hello to my Little Friend!" across the entire spectrum of available radio frequencies as we open the door to unveil our laser turret.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:18:43 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 01:35:13 pm »

If both Arty's and Freeman's attempts fail, Trier starts blasting away with his laser turret at anything that looks vaguely threatening once he hears the words all mobsters dread. Broadcast this over the ships speakers "I'M GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE. GET INTO A PORTAL OR DIE!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:56:42 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 01:42:17 pm »

Kate pretends she isn't in a gunship with some crazy idiots threatening to shoot people. She doesn't have to do shit until someone tells her to.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »

Arty slaps the back of Trier's helmet. "Oi! I've just volunteered for PR, and you decide to make my job more difficult?"

Record a message: "THIS IS THE ARM. We are here to help, please be orderly and move into the portals we're opening as quickly as possible. To protect the people from UMW agression, we are deploying troops; for your safety please follow their instructions."
Start PA'ing and broadcasting the message on repeat on all commercial civilian frequencies.

Use the frequency supplied by Hurricane 4 to contact the locals. Assist Dr. Freeman in calming and directing them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 04:00:34 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »

"don't bump my gunner! we may have baddies to shoot at!"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 01:48:27 pm »

((Eh, I'm not about to look in more than two threads for mission info.))
This coming from someone who is literally 5% of a board.

Please use the radio chatter thread btw guys, its for PW's convenience, otherwise nobody would care.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12