Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27:Avalanche team (ready)  (Read 27555 times)

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Avalanche team
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »

^^EDITED MY ACTION ALSO^^
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 12:27:01 pm »

Trier grinned in exhiliration as he popped open the side hatch and manned the laser turret.
You man the turret, waving it about in a show-offy fashion. Just shaking your great big laser death phallus as the populace.

Christopher smiles nervously, forgetting he has the visor down over his faceplate, and looks out over the island.

He takes a few practice swings with the twitchblade, trying to get a feel for how it works. He tries throwing it in very short, contained arcs in the shuttle, less than a metre away from him, pointing away from the exit.

He also gives whoever asks access to his data, preferably only on a one-way feed.

The twitchblade? You mean Maurice's Glaive?

I'd suggest not throwing that in the ship. Thats like throwing a bladed frisbee around in an elevator. An elevator with several other people in it.

Kate loads up the neotherm gauss rounds before leaning over the side to keep a look out for trouble.
No trouble yet, but soon.

Always soon.

Arty prepares the weapon and leaves the shuttle. Head for cover, be ready to react.

"Guys, if you give me access to your bio-telemetry, I can better keep tabs on your medical condition. Please whitelist my contact on your biometric channel."
See if I'm getting all the data.

I'm just gonna assume they do and you get data feeds. Though an internal shark suit, if they have one, is gonna mess up the readings.

Lysander hops into the pilot seat, switching the controls to manual.
Alright, here is our pilot. In game you've been there since we left, since you can't easily get in and out of the pilot section while the ship is flying.  But we'll use your aux for rolls from now on.

Sit and wait for us to be needed.
Give Maegil/Arty his medical data.

You sit down and kick your feet lazily back and forth, waiting.

"I'm in this team I believe. Also I could man the turret too if Trier goes down."

Say some prayers, commending us all to the Gods of death.
"In the name of the god of death, Arengee, I commend all our souls to the great void beyond."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 03:51:02 pm »

Trier continued waving the turret around loudly assuring his companions that it wasn't compensating for anything.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 03:53:08 pm »

Kate continues waiting. And considers getting Cam Eyes to see if really is compensating. Those things have an X-Ray setting right?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 04:55:01 pm »

Freeman puts on a song inside his helmet.
((Yes, this soundtrack will be useful during this mission.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 06:24:25 am »

Is there a turret on each side? Or only on one door?

Man the other side turret if there is one.

Go up to the cockpit, look around, and ask if I can help to drive, claiming that my last aux level up included a crash course in vehicular combat.

This should get better results than automatic piloting anyway.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:26:12 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 12:15:11 pm »

Faff until the shuttle lands, listen to any last minute instructions, get out with the weapon at the ready, and head for cover.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 12:51:59 pm »

Christopher decides against throwing it indoors, and instead experiments with melee techniques with the Glaive.
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 02:07:25 pm »

Trier continued waving the turret around loudly assuring his companions that it wasn't compensating for anything.
"Can everyone see the size of my turret? I just want to make sure everyone can see it and is impressed."

Kate continues waiting. And considers getting Cam Eyes to see if really is compensating. Those things have an X-Ray setting right?
Yes they do. But fun fact, humans don't have penile bones.

Though there are plenty of mammals that do, oddly enough.

Freeman puts on a song inside his helmet.
((Yes, this soundtrack will be useful during this mission.))
I was thinking more something like this

or

This

Is there a turret on each side? Or only on one door?

Man the other side turret if there is one.

Go up to the cockpit, look around, and ask if I can help to drive, claiming that my last aux level up included a crash course in vehicular combat.

This should get better results than automatic piloting anyway.

This has been explained elsewhere but the shuttle cockpits aren't what you think they are. They're a small metal capsule that is completely disconnected from the passenger compartment. The only way into them is a hatch you crawl into. The actual cockpit has you strap in while in a standing position and use controls in front of you and monitors about 3 inches from your face. The ships were designed for automatic flight so manual flight isn't the easiest or most comfortable.

If you wanna be the pilot, we can assume you took that position, but you can't just walk back and forth. It's not an airplane cockpit, it's a metal coffin.

Faff until the shuttle lands, listen to any last minute instructions, get out with the weapon at the ready, and head for cover.
You do that dance move where you move your arms like a worm.

I think they call it "The Faff"

Christopher decides against throwing it indoors, and instead experiments with melee techniques with the Glaive.
It's a bit awkward, like using a ninja star as a melee weapon, but it's got plenty of sharp edges, so you're probably gonna do reasonable damage so long as you just give them a good whack.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 02:19:16 pm »

Take a look out the side hatch and look for trouble.
Attempt to aviod interacting with idiots doing handstands out of windows.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:44:06 am by Egan_BW »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »

Ruminate further on the mysteries of genitalia.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »

Offer to explain the anatomy of human genitalia; use so much technical jargon that people should find it better to change subject.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »

Trier switched his eyes to thermal vision and shot passionate blasts of stimulated radiation into the air to coincide with his sensual hip thrusting.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:58:33 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 01:06:14 pm »

Christopher does a handstand on the edge of the shuttle door to impress any civilians watching.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:20:51 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 12:16:52 am »

Fly the ship in a mostly safe manner.

While forming a group-mind with Kate, Arty and Trier in Meditating on the mysteries of genitalia in all its forms and uses.

Invoke the HMRC god of Bloodletting while using sword and sheath imagery.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:26:35 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12