Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Typhoon Team (ready)  (Read 21469 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Typhoon Team
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2016, 07:23:35 pm »

((All aboard the !!FUN!! train! Cause somebody's shit is gonna get fucked up.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2016, 07:28:16 pm »

((All aboard the !!FUN!! train! Cause somebody's shit is gonna get fucked up.))

((WE DON'T WANT THE FUN TRAIN!!!))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2016, 10:31:37 am »

Nonviolently shush the offenders.

Keep Abigail helmeted and shushed (nonviolently) YOU ARE NOT HELPING

You step in front of Valentina and Abigail, Shushing them both and shoving Valentina's rifle down so it points at the floor.

"See this? This thing you're doing? No. Stop."

Abigail notices Mycroft wants her to keep her helmet on and simply leaves it on before gently taking the Gauss rifle from the crazy guy.
You keep your helmet on and stay quiet.

Anthony holds his hand up in a 'hold please' gesture before speaking:

"Um, hold please. This will take just a minute."

Smack Valentina upside the head with the stun stick. Afterwards, more talking:

"Sorry you had to see that. Anyways, back to your questions. To start with, my name is Anthony and I am with ARM. I had thought Steve, the leader of ARM, had already broadcast the Truth.

Basically, there is an extrauniversal entity, know as the Lurker in the Angles currently eating our known universe. We are here to help evacuate people and set them up as colonists in new, somewhat unexplored universes to ensure humanity as a species survives.

So uh, just grab what you can get into a small bag and we'll start getting you out of here. If you want, call your neighbors and friends so they can start getting ready as well. The quicker we get everyone evacuated, the sooner we can get you to your new homes!"

You turn around and whack Valentina with your stun stick. She wobbles for a moment before regaining her footing and punching you square in the gut. It would probably hurt, if you weren't made of metal.

Assuming the stun stick action goes through, and Valentina is not stunned, Anthony will be getting a ribcage full of fist. If a small child attempts to take the gauss rifle, they're getting shoved into the nearest wall. Firmly, not fatally.

Otherwise, shut up and stand there.

You allow your rifle to be redirected but yank it away and jealously hang on to it when they attempt to pull it from your hands.

The civilian you're talking to seems very...incredulous. Admittedly, it does sound like a C-grade lovecraft story and it's being told to him by the three stooges.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2016, 02:41:58 pm »

Facepalm civilianwards.

"The people they let in...  But yeah, we're here to evacuate you.  Apparently.

It's probably a good idea to leave now, because the rest of them, and even the people you'd think wouldn't be half-insane, are seriously discussing blowing things up to get more people to come with us.

I'm sorry in advance for all the expletive deleted that's going to happen."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2016, 06:11:23 pm »

...hmm. Ok then. Play whats-their-faces recordings, the ones that were made on Heph to try and help us. You know, the ones that you hid the rolls on so we don't know how good they are till they're played
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2016, 06:13:05 pm »

Just try not to have the civilians notice me.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2016, 09:37:26 am »

Elias speaks loudly, so the civilians hear.
Hold on, I'm getting new orders on my radio.
He pretends to talk on the radio.
Sorry, what's that boss? I couldn't quite tell, stun who if they don't cooperate?
 Oh, okay, I though you meant my coworkers, not the civvies. And who's carrying them if they pass out?
Well, he'll need some help with that. Who do you...
 Okay, understood.

He puts his hands on the handles of his stunsticks, and speaks to the civilians.
You coming?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:39:50 am by AkumaKasai »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2016, 10:36:46 am »

Facepalm civilianwards.

"The people they let in...  But yeah, we're here to evacuate you.  Apparently.

It's probably a good idea to leave now, because the rest of them, and even the people you'd think wouldn't be half-insane, are seriously discussing blowing things up to get more people to come with us.

I'm sorry in advance for all the expletive deleted that's going to happen."

You smack the front of your helmet with your hand.

Just try not to have the civilians notice me.
You hide behind a small shrub and cover your face with your hands.

"I'm invisible!" you whisper, perhaps just a bit too loud.

...hmm. Ok then. Play whats-their-faces recordings, the ones that were made on Heph to try and help us. You know, the ones that you hid the rolls on so we don't know how good they are till they're played
You play the recordings. The civilians seem to immediately become both more relaxed and more compliant, believing what you've told them.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2016, 02:10:56 pm »

Er, start directing evacuations if everything's set up (and recruit some civilians to spread the news), while trying to keep the ARMy from doing stupid stuff.  Just sort of keep Abigail behind me.

All of this should be done nonviolently unless attacked myself, in which case, stick them in a containment bubble from the Containment Gun.  I have that, right?  I'm pretty sure I have that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:23:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2016, 02:20:59 pm »

Make sure Im  not noticed except by my teammates.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2016, 05:20:26 pm »

"Holy shit. I can't believe that worked."

Get the civilian and his family loaded up and to the nearest portal. After that, go to the next house, play the messages, get them loaded up and to the portal. Repeat as needed/until the next horrible thing happens.

Be sure to play the messages at any civilians that are becoming unruly

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2016, 09:57:33 am »

Assist others. Look threateningly at any civilians who start to become a problem.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2016, 10:13:33 am »

Er, start directing evacuations if everything's set up (and recruit some civilians to spread the news), while trying to keep the ARMy from doing stupid stuff.  Just sort of keep Abigail behind me.

All of this should be done nonviolently unless attacked myself, in which case, stick them in a containment bubble from the Containment Gun.  I have that, right?  I'm pretty sure I have that.

"Holy shit. I can't believe that worked."

Get the civilian and his family loaded up and to the nearest portal. After that, go to the next house, play the messages, get them loaded up and to the portal. Repeat as needed/until the next horrible thing happens.

Be sure to play the messages at any civilians that are becoming unruly

Assist others. Look threateningly at any civilians who start to become a problem.
Make sure Im  not noticed except by my teammates.
Everything goes well, actually. You depopulate a large chunk of the suburbs and early urban areas; and not in the usually way of just killing everyone. You bring them over to the portal area and drop them off so that the vet team stationed there has something to do.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »

Huh. Continue being surprisingly competent and evacuate civilians. At least until the other teams fuck up(s) catch up to us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2016, 02:15:04 pm »

Continue being actually competent.

If something bad happens, and it's something that can be contained, Containment Gun it.

Otherwise, just don't get injured and don't injure, prioritizing not getting injured over not injuring.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12