Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Typhoon Team (ready)  (Read 21482 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Typhoon Team
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »

Prepare.  Generally, make sure all the stuff that can be checked, is working.  And keep people from breaking the radio again.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:13:17 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2016, 03:08:05 pm »

Unfix the radio via more percussive maintenance.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »

Grab this one. Prevent the action. Forcibly.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:48:55 pm by O.Wilde »
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2016, 10:11:35 am »

Go on overwatch with the turret, Attack anyone who uses deadly weapons against the dropship. Also immediately carry out any (non stupid or crazy) orders. 
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2016, 02:39:32 pm »

Have the shuttle return to the vet teams and provide overwatch with the turret. Clip onto a drop line to be ready for rapid deployment.

((For the love of...))

Edit: If say, someone attempted to unfixed the radio, beat them with the stun stick. Hard. Repeatedly.
Done. You wrap the rope around one hand and one leg and get ready to slide down.

Riker readies himself as well for rapid deployment.
You lube up. Wait. What exactly did you mean?

Are we thinking different things?

nah.

Hold onto mycrofts leg.
Now I know we're both thinking the same thing.

Prepare.  Generally, make sure all the stuff that can be checked, is working.  And keep people from breaking the radio again.
You recite the boy scout motto under your breath while checking and rechecking everything you can get your hands on. Things appear ready. All you have to do now is NOT FUCK IT UP.

Grab this one. Prevent the action. Forcibly.
Attempts to use percussive maintenance are halted via percussive maintenance. Maintenance directed toward the groin, face and stomach.

Go on overwatch with the turret, Attack anyone who uses deadly weapons against the dropship. Also immediately carry out any (non stupid or crazy) orders. 
Damn it. We were so close to a strip tease order.

You get ready to murder.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »

"At least I'm lubed now, instead of later."

Slide down as soon as the order is given! Hopefully this lube will help.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2016, 08:43:39 pm »

Instruct the shuttle to swing to the cliff side of the path and to stay oriented so that the turret can still cover the refugees. Stay ready on the drop line.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2016, 12:02:29 am »

Use empathetic gland try and look for trouble makers among the crowd hang onto mycrofts leg as tight as possible without harming him.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2016, 12:05:05 am »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2016, 04:34:24 am »

Electro-Stick the absolute shit out of Elias if they try anything else. Other than that, keep an eye on the crowd. Pop anyone being unruly who's in range with a gauss round if I think I can get them.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2016, 04:57:26 am »

((For a horrifying instant, I misread that as "Elizas".))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2016, 06:16:49 am »

Cover the refugees, if I see anyone threatening another refugee with lethal force shoot them with the turret. Take my time shooting, line up the shot and if I think the chances of hitting an innocent are too high don't shoot.   
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:11 pm »

Use empathetic gland try and look for trouble makers among the crowd hang onto mycrofts leg as tight as possible without harming him.
You're gonna try to get all emphatic into a crowd of several hundred scared, angry people and a few dozen murders/thieves who are preying on them? Yeah, lets see how that goes:
[1+1]
You reach out to the panicked masses, extending an extraphysical hand of understanding and compassion. They accept this hand...and promptly slam it in a car door. Every negative emotion, every exhaustion headache, itchy ass, stuffy nose, nervous butterfly filled stomach, uncertain heart, muscle ache, terrified gut clench at the sight of the horrible demon from beyond the portal, and awkward boner in the crowd gets beamed straight into your limbic system like a ballistic hangover. You tense up, spasm and say "Urp!" before collapsing into a mass of overstimulated meat jelly.

"At least I'm lubed now, instead of later."

Slide down as soon as the order is given! Hopefully this lube will help.
Well someone just decided to fly the shuttle over a several hundred foot drop. So I guess it's appropriate that you're lubed up because if you jumped now you'd be fucked! But seriously, no one is telling you to do jack shit right now. I think they might have completely forgotten you're here. On the wiki cheat sheep your character is under the name "Cheeseface"

It's kinda fucked up. I suggest you assert your rights and status by murdering a teammate.

Instruct the shuttle to swing to the cliff side of the path and to stay oriented so that the turret can still cover the refugees. Stay ready on the drop line.
You order the shuttle to swing around to the side of the pathway and to hover level with the path. As it does so, you get into your best horse stance and take up position behind the turret. You attempt to both keep the turret pointed at the crowd but also not make it look like you're about to open fire. You do this mainly by happily waving one hand while aiming with the other. Fortunately for you, most people seem too busy trying to either elbow their way forward, shove their way back, or just plain not fall off the path to notice you and your questionable escalation of force.

Continue to
NOT FUCK IT UP.
Don't tempt me, friend. I have a black dice here and you have a gen knowledge score of zero. Which, judging from the general levels  of self preservation exhibited around here, puts you someplace between clinically depressed lemming and lead brick fired straight down by a rail gun in terms of resisting the siren song of gravity.

Electro-Stick the absolute shit out of Elias if they try anything else. Other than that, keep an eye on the crowd. Pop anyone being unruly who's in range with a gauss round if I think I can get them.
Well Elias seems to have be so well behaved that he's CEASED TO FUCKING EXIST.  Well good for him.

In any case your action is to murder "Unruly" people. And considering the entire line of people is now on the verge of rioting, I'd call that pretty unruly. However, I'm a benevolent asshole so I'm gonna roll your gen know and see if you have the presence of mind to NOT open fire into a crowd of scared civilians.

[4]

Congrats, you've gone one more day without giving into the voices.

Cover the refugees, if I see anyone threatening another refugee with lethal force shoot them with the turret. Take my time shooting, line up the shot and if I think the chances of hitting an innocent are too high don't shoot.   

See, here we go again with this "Anyone" thing. There are so many people who are a current threat to the civies. You coul probably close your eyes, spin in a circle and fire your weapon a few times and kill at least one person who is dangerous to the refugees. Especially if you did it while inside the shuttle. Well, someone else is on the turret currently, but there is at least one mugger visible to you from where you are, so lets have you attempt to shoot him. Lets get some fucking progress here.

Alright halberd-beaver, you've got a gauss rifle. Thats a good choice, thats murdered lots of people, a good 80% of which were actually enemies and not teammates. Admittedly those numbers may be inflated a bit because there is often overlap in those two categories. Never mind, lets just do it. Whats that Con of yours like...+1, great. Now lets roll.
[5]
Praise space jesus it's a goddamn miracle.

You ignore the rampant silliness of your teammates and brace yourself against the wall of the shuttle. You shoulder your rifle and take careful aim, lining your target up with the crudely welded metal sights of the rifle. He's a scruffy man, disheveled and dirty, shoving his way back away from the portal with a knife in one hand and a fist full of stolen goods in another. His head is a ball of black fuzz with wide, panicked eyes and a shining mouth full of bared teeth set in an angry grimace. It bobs up and down in the crowd, disappearing for a moment before reappearing a second later. He looks back and forth, he shoves, he screams and swings his knife. You wait. He punches with the hand holding his ill-gotten gains, kicks and shoulders through the crowd. Then he stops, sets his feet and starts to scream at the people in front of him. Probably something about moving out of his way, or maybe a threat, or simply a curse. He doesn't get more then a sylable in before the round catches him right in the ear and tears the entire top of his head off in a wet pop. The body stands there for a moment, lower jaw limp and hanging down like a talisman around his neck, before it collapses. It falls forward onto a women in a long robe, who screams and pushes it away. It sides, lands hard on one knee and then topples over and off the path. It bounces twice as it rolls down the steep cliff face and then vanishes into the surf below.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2016, 08:51:15 pm »

Oh. Um. Hmm. Uh...keep waving at the people, give them thumbs up, stuff like that. Look non-threatening. Tell the shuttle to ascend a bit(slowly) and back(slowly), away from the cliff face. Going for more of a downward angle to fire from. Should allow us to see more of the crowd, and to (hopefully) not hit as many civilians when we do shoot at looters and such.

Give JV control of the turret again. Get back on a drop line. Keep a look out for thieves and such. Try to make sure the area behind the thief is clear of innocents. Thieves get holed right through the skull or heart, whichever shot is easier. Be sure to brace myself before firing.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:54:15 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »

Er...Help Abigail, if I have any idea what to do about an empathic gland backfire, which I probably do not.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:18:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12