Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 82

Author Topic: Mission 27 Radio Chatter  (Read 66769 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 27 Radio Chatter
« Reply #705 on: March 10, 2016, 03:34:16 pm »

Hurricane-4 to Typhoon:

"hurricane-4 here.  sounds like a good idea— i'll help herd them with the shuttle once the buildings start coming down."

-this portion of the communication removed!-
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:02:08 pm by Nunzillor »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 10, 2016, 04:12:15 pm »

Firestorm 5 to Blizzard team
"BY THE GODS YOU GUYS STOP FUCKING MURDERING PEOPLE! it is not helping!! In fact stop and just let them run, we can solve the problems that have recently arisen LATER!!"

Firestorm 5 to Earthquake 1
"I am so sorry sir it appears blizzard team's efforts have , I think auron and the sods are walking around forcibly throwing people at the portal and obliterating anyone who disagrees currently along with the rest of the team who appear to be doing the same thing. One of the members of my team hasn't responded on radio for several minutes and has gone MIA. Suggestions Sir?"

Firestorm 5 to Firestorm
"I have a quiz for you all as team leader appointed by Gen. Miya himself, I haven't had to use my new position until now because only now has everything gone completely fucking pear-shaped. This quiz has one question. Where. Is. Jobasio Hootzal?"

So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 10, 2016, 04:47:12 pm »

Firestorm 5

Firestorm 5, this is Blizzard 2. Copy request to stop fucking murdering people. Do believe this is actually more like manslaughter, but will comply regardless. Would advise to amplify state of calm - nothing disastrous has occurred as of yet, reasonable quantities of fragile sacks of spare flesh have been retrieved. Would wonder aloud if a better idea wouldn't be to retrieve population of outlying settlements directly. Approaching populace seems skittish and prone to hostile intent - element of surprise would hopefully eliminate the effective realization of the latter and render the former irrelevant with properly employed siege tactics. Over.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 10, 2016, 05:46:00 pm »

Earthquake 1

Earthquake 1, this is Blizzard 2. How many refugees do we need and/or expect? Requesting ballpark estimate. Over.

"Earthquake 1 here. About 80 to 90 percent of the local population should be doable if we're taking everybody that's not extremely sick, violent or a local warlord. Or some other kind of obvious undesirable. Dunno what that is in exact numbers, ask Steve for a local population estimate."

Firestorm 5 to Blizzard team
"BY THE GODS YOU GUYS STOP FUCKING MURDERING PEOPLE! it is not helping!! In fact stop and just let them run, we can solve the problems that have recently arisen LATER!!"

Firestorm 5 to Earthquake 1
"I am so sorry sir it appears blizzard team's efforts have , I think auron and the sods are walking around forcibly throwing people at the portal and obliterating anyone who disagrees currently along with the rest of the team who appear to be doing the same thing. One of the members of my team hasn't responded on radio for several minutes and has gone MIA. Suggestions Sir?"

Firestorm 5 to Firestorm
"I have a quiz for you all as team leader appointed by Gen. Miya himself, I haven't had to use my new position until now because only now has everything gone completely fucking pear-shaped. This quiz has one question. Where. Is. Jobasio Hootzal?"

Miya takes a deep, deep breath before responding.
"Ok then. Firstly, tell Auron and the rest of that team that he should get back and stop doing whatever they're doing, and that if they don't their pay is getting docked or I'll have to ask Steve to start shocking and won't bother telling him to stop. Be sure to work with Blizzard's team leader on this.*

As for that guy who is missing, ask Steve to track him and give you his location, then send someone to check up on him, and maybe drag him back if needed. Someone armored preferably.

Also, unless I'm misjudging the situation over there, it's probably pointless to try and salvage things now, best to regroup and either redeploy to another area that's not panicking anymore, preferably with a better plan this time, or to set up a system for systematically grabbing a few people and moving them through the portal. You guys got a ton of nonlethal weapons, so use them dammit. The last option would take a lot of time, but it's not like if we're in a hurry here either way.

((*might need to send a pm to U_P to ensure he sees it though, he said he'd ignore the rp thread iirc.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 10, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »

Firestorm team:
"Team Leader, I have a suggestion.
First get some of these newbies to hit up a shop for paint, repainted our teams armor, get back in the shuttle and do the badass insertion again while claiming to be a different faction.
We do have our own portal, even if it's currently in Team Warcrime's Murder Bunker."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 10, 2016, 06:21:45 pm »

Earthquake 1

Blizzard 2 to Earthquake 1, copy that. No specific number, get everyone. Figured there'd be some form of cap on what we can accommodate, but this appears to not be the case. Adjusting tactics accordingly. Over.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 10, 2016, 06:24:05 pm »

((Be sure to inform everyone else if you do repaint. Unless you want other teams to start firing upon "unidentified" units and start a loyalty cascade :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 10, 2016, 08:59:46 pm »

Firestorm 4 to all signs
An anguished, yet still robotic voice comes over the comms, its words punctuated by wet, fleshy impact sounds.
"I just wanted pizza! Is th-that so much to ask? Just p-pizza..."
It then trails off into a few seconds of what sounds like wretched sobbing fed through a vocoder before clicking off.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 10, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »

All signs Abigail typhoon
T-That dosent sound good....w-whats pizza?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 10, 2016, 10:19:17 pm »

Blizzard 1 to Blizzard Team
"And here I was hoping we could get through this without me having to babysit you all. I want to be surprised at this, but I'm really not. I expected this from the newbies, but come on! Blizzard 2, please stop hurling people through the portal. We'll let them run back down. They'll either come back of their own volition, or they'll die. Vanessa, please keep all refugee mutilation out of sight of the other refugees. Or better yet, stop mutilating the people we're supposed to be rescuing.  Oh, and your callsign will be Blizzard 5, if you would prefer to use that since it's available. And so help me God, if Blizzard 3 doesn't quit his shit I'm going to shoot him out of the sky myself. There's not even an alien body snatcher around or xeno mind fuckery going on. There is no fucking reason things should be going this way other than stupidity. We still have other places we need to evac on this planet. There will not be a repeat performance of this fiasco."

Blizzard 1 to Firestorm 5
"You want to trade teams? Because yours actually seems competent. Feels like I'm trying to herd cats over here. It might be best if you relocate away from us. The only way I can think of to salvage this would be for us to herd the refugees towards you. They'd probably be happy for an escape from Blizzard 2, 3, and 5. Maybe tell the refugees that you have a different portal, or that it goes to tropical island paradise."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 10, 2016, 10:37:45 pm »

all signs
I think a form of magical explosion based on what was said and that fire ball and such.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 10, 2016, 10:39:03 pm »

All signs typhoon Abigail
A-Ah o-okay I'm sorry I'm a little out of it.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 10, 2016, 11:02:59 pm »

To Abigail:
"Yo, kid, can I grab your Aster-Ex? You're lookin prett rough right now."
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 10, 2016, 11:13:52 pm »

To whoever is talking to me Abigail typhoon
....W-Whats Aster Ex again?

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 10, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »

To Abigail:
Plastic explosives.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 82