Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 82

Author Topic: Mission 27 Radio Chatter  (Read 66643 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27 Radio Chatter
« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2016, 09:38:22 pm »

Hurricane Actual: "I wonder, would we save more people if they were stampeding? I'm sure plenty would die, but we might be able to manage a higher throughput through the portal, and our rescue efforts might be better served by finishing one area faster so we can go to another... Just a thought."

(have we even designated a squad lead -_-)

Nunzillor

« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2016, 11:16:16 pm »

((We haven't.  I kind of like not having a leader, but if someone wants to be the team lead I wouldn't be opposed.  Also, I think your idea makes sense, but my character would hate it and argue against it.  Edit: squad leader is Lupanian, nominally.

Edit 2: I thought about it a bit more, and I think my character can be convinced.  I'm removing her counter-proposal.))

"hurricane-4 here.  what?  i think that would be dangerous.  people would die!  and children would be the ones most likely to suffer agonizing deaths due to the stampedes.

but... maybe it would save more people than it hurt? ... how would we cause a stampede like that?"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:22:59 am by Nunzillor »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 24, 2016, 12:47:47 am »

"I could just put some claymores and energy mines there, although that would make it hard for civilians to escape. Not to mention that someone smart could bypass them. Maybe it would be better if one of us kept watch there."

"Oh, speaking of which, do any of you need any claymores? I've got some and I don't think they'll be very useful in defending such a wide space. Sounds like something you'd use in an enclosed space, maybe set up an ambush or something."

"Aren't you guys watching the entrance more or less by default? Even if you're not right here, no reasonable source of enemies is going to be able to get in without you noticing and putting a stop to it, right?

I'm afraid claymores don't sound very useful, because I'm guessing we'll be the ones on the offensive most of the time. Even if they push us back somehow, I'm a little dubious they'd be arrogant enough to actually start chasing."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2016, 03:58:06 am »

"I could just put some claymores and energy mines there, although that would make it hard for civilians to escape. Not to mention that someone smart could bypass them. Maybe it would be better if one of us kept watch there."

"Oh, speaking of which, do any of you need any claymores? I've got some and I don't think they'll be very useful in defending such a wide space. Sounds like something you'd use in an enclosed space, maybe set up an ambush or something."

"Aren't you guys watching the entrance more or less by default? Even if you're not right here, no reasonable source of enemies is going to be able to get in without you noticing and putting a stop to it, right?

I'm afraid claymores don't sound very useful, because I'm guessing we'll be the ones on the offensive most of the time. Even if they push us back somehow, I'm a little dubious they'd be arrogant enough to actually start chasing.

I'm primarily trying to prevent people slipping past you from the upper levels and attacking us just when their fiends are mounting an assault.

Flint, do you have remotely detonated explosives on you? That, in combination with some cameras set up inside the entrance should do the trick."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 24, 2016, 04:38:00 am »

I'm afraid claymores don't sound very useful, because I'm guessing we'll be the ones on the offensive most of the time. Even if they push us back somehow, I'm a little dubious they'd be arrogant enough to actually start chasing.

I'm primarily trying to prevent people slipping past you from the upper levels and attacking us just when their fiends are mounting an assault.

Flint, do you have remotely detonated explosives on you? That, in combination with some cameras set up inside the entrance should do the trick."

"I'm not too worried about the upper levels, because anyone up there will probably be poorly organized rabble. That said, depending on the layout it might not take much to make sure of it."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 24, 2016, 06:49:55 am »

start  shooting and stabbing, or maybe a fire
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #501 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:10 am »

"i dunno... wouldn't that be a bad thing?  i'm having second thoughts...  what do you think about it, sir jackson?"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 24, 2016, 07:02:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"That's if your intell is solid. Your source might be lying in an act of misguided defiance. Or perhaps the commanders here didn't brief their footsoldiers on all their hidden surprises and exact disposition of their forces. Would be prudent, seeing how willing that one was to start blabbing." 

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2016, 07:11:30 am »

Let's not start an explosion and such, It would invariably lead to riots
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2016, 07:16:06 am »

"hmm... i agree...  creating a massive panic would cause more problems than it would solve.  we're here to help people, not cause them to die in droves and make things more difficult for the other teams."

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2016, 12:02:57 pm »

((backpedal backpedal)) Oh definitely. The circumstances are not correct. Nevermind.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2016, 12:38:53 pm »

All channels.

Thank you for not causing a stampede. They're already pissed off as is.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nunzillor

« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2016, 03:52:25 pm »

((I'm not sure, but I think you shouldn't have been able to hear that.  Not that I mind.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2016, 07:50:02 pm »

"That's if your intell is solid. Your source might be lying in an act of misguided defiance. Or perhaps the commanders here didn't brief their footsoldiers on all their hidden surprises and exact disposition of their forces. Would be prudent, seeing how willing that one was to start blabbing." 
"Very true. I'll keep an eye out in case it starts looking like we're just exploring a very elaborate mousetrap while the superiors laugh up above."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2016, 08:04:29 am »

"As much as I might like constructive initiative Flint, next time you should warn us before you go screaming off like that. That was a friendly fire accident just waiting to happen. Communication is key to good teamwork, you should know this by now.

Anyways, now that they've scattered like that it won't be possible anymore to try and trap a bunch of them with the pocket dimension, so we'll just have to keep them suppressed for now."

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 82