Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 82

Author Topic: Mission 27 Radio Chatter  (Read 66717 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27 Radio Chatter
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2016, 07:00:56 pm »

((Typhoon hasn't fucked up. Least not yet. Just managed to disable our coms.))
((Yes, it's definitely the team that's radio silent and not even on the ground, not the team sending mixed messages and '...'s...))
((Mixed messages have long been seen as a vital part of ARM diplomacy ever since the days of the original diplomat Feyri Nirel and her corpseboard Jim. :P))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:46 pm »

"Earthquake 1, this is Earthquake 4.  I see a spot up on the hill with a good field of view, but it's exposed.  Do we have any auxiliary defense systems if Brother Flint and I take up position their for maximum coverage?  If we were back to back we could cover most angles of attack.  Brother Flint, what do you think?"
Response:
"We have the gunship to provide support, and I'm checking if I can't patch into its feed. We should also have some extra eyes around once Flint has set up the cameras.

As for that spot, it seems suitable, but you might wanna see if you can't dig yourself in. If not for extra protection, then at least for concealment, and maybe a more stable firing position. You can use your laser to dig like what we did on the Heabi planet, should be doable enough. Dunno if Flint really has suitable long range weapons though.

"Roger, General.  Digging in."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »

Earthquake 2 to Earthquake team

"Earthquake 2 here, I don't think there's anyone who wants to surrender here. Or anyone in an unmangled state. Where do want me next, chief?"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2016, 07:31:13 pm »

Avalanche 7

Mr. Freeman, I understand your apprehension and know that you just woke and smelled the ashes but think of it like this: we can provide more effective fire support from the air, but if our friend the acrobat gets injured or incapacitated we will need to have boots on the ground in order to rescue him.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2016, 07:41:29 pm »

Avalanche
Quote from: Avalanche 7 To: Avalanche 8
In which case we will be able to quickly descend by rope to assist. There is no need to make ourselves another target while our ally remains uninjured.

Nunzillor

« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2016, 08:35:50 pm »

"Eagle 2 t  o hurricane 4 I have an ideal to settle them down. It involves nonlethal shots to the special spots. "/color]
"hurricane-4 here.  umm... o-oh.  ouch.  i've always felt that violence isn't the answer, but i'll drop off a gunnerbot to your elevated position to assist.  in case you're ever in danger of being overrun."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 08:47:53 pm by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2016, 09:39:52 pm »

Thanks, I've just found in the past that threats of dickapitation are quite effective, shame I won't have a chopping block this time....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:07:40 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 15, 2016, 09:51:21 pm »

Avalanche 7

One could argue that making our selves a target would minimize the danger our teammate is in. However I see your point, it is pointless and likely to result in needless injury if we are vulnerable to small arms fire before it is needed.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 15, 2016, 09:53:29 pm »

Avalanche

Belay that order! We will provide covering fire for the Vets until our teammate requests additional support or Tex reports that acrobat is injured.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:01:42 pm by MidnightJaguar »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 15, 2016, 09:55:57 pm »

Avalanche 6

Tex, this is Trier, would you mind notifying me if our friend the acrobat is injured?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 15, 2016, 11:20:52 pm »

Nothing like a good massacre to kick of a new change in regime...
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 15, 2016, 11:59:15 pm »

Avalanche 1
Oh relax Ramses, we all have less than lethal rounds if we need it. Just focus on flying this tin can and I'll take care of the rest.

Nunzillor

« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2016, 12:47:45 am »

All Signs

A sigh comes over the radio.  "this... this is hurricane-4.  i— i'm sorry.  i never meant for this to happen, but now, as i'm sure you're all aware already, the civilians appear to be hostile.  i don't know why they reacted this way to the announcement."

"i'm going to fix the radio situation, but does anyone want to take another crack at calming them down?  because i feel responsible for the danger avalanche-2 is in, i want to make things right. "
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:36:07 am by Nunzillor »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2016, 06:47:08 am »

Er, is Typhoon's radio fixed by the time of the above post?

If so:
All signs:(Typhoon/Mycroft)
"Oh joy."

If not, er, nothing?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2016, 11:16:23 am »

Avalanche 6
Tex, this is Trier, would you mind notifying me if our friend the acrobat is injured?
"Will do. Not that we can't see it happening from up here, anyway."

"Avalanche 2, Avalanche 6: just smile and don't worry about a thing; we've got you covered, and if you do get killed we'll be certain to avenge you. Wink."
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 82