Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Armory  (Read 21036 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Armory
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2016, 08:20:19 pm »

im buying the avatar of war suit for 15 tokens
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2016, 08:22:48 pm »

can i want buy a avatar of warsuit for 15 tokens

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2016, 08:36:51 pm »

Sure.  Solve this.  That'll put you closer.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2016, 05:02:37 am »

Think you might have got a bit confused between "fifty" and "fifteen", there, friend.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2016, 05:14:17 am »

I admire his audacity though.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2016, 07:23:38 am »

So you armoury folks know I am selling my gear cheap to get the funds for a down payment on an AoW if anyone is interested.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2016, 12:31:26 am »

Purchase Limiter Unlock for 10 tokens (Already wiki'd).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:12 pm »

Checking to see what I can buy and I'm browsing through the armoury... Anyone willing to chip in for a Fission Instigator? I could see that being useful for killing a god.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2016, 10:30:35 pm »

Ignore my earlier posts. My brother got a hold of my account for five minutes...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2016, 10:38:57 am »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2016, 04:43:35 pm »

If nobody is using the Team Fund, can I use it to buy a Fission Instigator?

Otherwise I'll just get a bunch of resets and arranger black rounds.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2016, 05:32:21 am »

Dunno, how many tokens would that require? Cause I don't think a fission instigator will be the most useful thing we could have, for the tokens it costs. And with the nuke rounds Miya (and maybe Lars if he shows up) carries we'll probably have most of our large-scale nuclear destruction needs covered. Also, Aos might need some team fund tokens as well, depending on how wiki gnoming payout goes (if that happens before mission start).

You could consider getting that mind-control gun and shooting some killer robots to give us some allies in there, if you really don't know what to do with your tokens. Having an ally that knows the terrain and could maybe lead us straight to our target would be mightily convenient, if the target retains any memories after being controlled, which I'm not dure of. And even if not, a killer bot on our side evens the odds a little. Team fund could buy you a refill in case you miss the first shot.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:37:30 am by Radio Controlled »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »

Dunno, how many tokens would that require? Cause I don't think a fission instigator will be the most useful thing we could have, for the tokens it costs. And with the nuke rounds Miya (and maybe Lars if he shows up) carries we'll probably have most of our large-scale nuclear destruction needs covered. Also, Aos might need some team fund tokens as well, depending on how wiki gnoming payout goes (if that happens before mission start).
It's 9 tokens for a portable overload, less if someone is willing to lend a token for a good cause. It's a gamble, but if it pays off, it will pay off spectacularly. If there is a large open area with a big boss or an enormous building we need to make a hole in or some other big target, like a Titan-equivalent of their universe, something that shrugs off nuclear rounds, then it could be a good alpha strike or at least a chance to run away.

Otherwise, its only use is a suicide weapon in such tight spaces, same as nuclear and other such high yield weapons when used in short range (frankly, grav-shells might be a better investment, since they have destruction capabilities similar or better than a nuclear round and a much smaller area of effect). Then again, we never got past the first few rooms, so it's very likely that this is just a building or underground facility and our target is outside that building.

It could also be used to clear a large area. Set it up for remote detonation near an area where we are having a lot of trouble, run and activate it and now you've turned an enemy-filled labyrinth of corridors into a nice open and empty area. Now you can see enemies coming and you can teleport bigger things in... assuming you didn't just alert everyone in the vicinity.

You could consider getting that mind-control gun and shooting some killer robots to give us some allies in there, if you really don't know what to do with your tokens. Having an ally that knows the terrain and could maybe lead us straight to our target would be mightily convenient, if the target retains any memories after being controlled, which I'm not dure of. And even if not, a killer bot on our side evens the odds a little. Team fund could buy you a refill in case you miss the first shot.
Nah, that won't work. The mind control gun wipes the consciousness of the target.
Once shot, the infection spreads through the target extremely fast, destroying the original mind or control system. Shooting teammates with this weapon is perma-death unless you have an extremely good and very fast surgeon on hand.
Plus, NPCs are notoriously easy to kill. And for all we know it might not even work. And Pancaek can always just mind control the biggest bot we find while my containment gun and his Ids hold the bot down.

If nobody's willing to help, I'll just go with my original plan of arranger and a bunch of fun black rounds, maybe a Reset to undo a shot or two, if I can afford it.
Or a gauss cannon filled with grav-shells, if anyone is willing to give me 3 tokens, that could also work.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2016, 12:29:50 pm »

Nah, try the fission instigator! Remember, you can always fire it through a portal setup, if necessary! And what else is the Team Fund going to go on? Alternately, use a cutting laser or something to make a big hole in a lot of walls, fire it through that hole.
One wheel short of a wagon

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2016, 02:23:53 pm »

I don't see you guys buying anything.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11