Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we start now, or wait for more people?

NOW
- 3 (33.3%)
Wait
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: A sword, some rum, and a dead dragon. Quests and ventures, Waitlist open!  (Read 17983 times)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A sword, some rum, and a dead dragon. Quests and ventures, Waitlist open!
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 06:05:33 pm »

"Someone help me have a look around? I don't have a torch."
Reload, then search the cave for something hidden or useful.

Edit:
"Why certainly. I'll... help."
I walk directly towards Gabe and, assuming he doesn't do something to stop me, action PM'd

"...Defend - Sixth SENSE-It is nearly impossible to sneak attack Gabe due to his reflexes and his uncanny knack for sensing danger."

Just throwin it out there all casual like.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 12:00:25 am by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:55 pm »

I walk directly towards Gabe and, assuming he doesn't do something to stop me, action PM'd
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2016, 10:34:20 pm »

Is there another way forward? Do the doors block the path or are they leading to the side?
They are in front of you at the end of a narrow hallway, but you could always look around for other things to maybe open the door.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2016, 06:48:40 pm »

"Eh, there's always the nuclear option."

Note that I didn't try to freeze the doors anyway. That would defeat the purpose of trying to unlock them.

Take out some water from my supplies. Speed up the water in time so it reacts quicker. then splash it on the door to make it rust instantly.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2016, 01:59:44 am »

Next turn will be a bit slow, been busy with school lately. When I'm free I'll post your guys actions.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2016, 12:41:28 am »

Edit:

"...Defend - Sixth SENSE-It is nearly impossible to sneak attack Gabe due to his reflexes and his uncanny knack for sensing danger."

Just throwin it out there all casual like.
((Edits are very easy to miss))
From your perspective, she's walking directly at you. Unless you stop her, she's walking well within touch range, and once there she's going to reach out to touch you while still walking towards you. She isn't moving suddenly or sprinting or anything. It's just a question of if you'll let her touch you or not.

I don't understand your 6th sense ability well. I can answer if he's in danger or not / if she has hostile intent / etc. but I don't know what information you should have. IC she has no reason to say anything more or do anything different since you haven't said anything, and I honestly don't know how your Defend action would apply, considering the situation and what her full action is.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:54:44 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2016, 03:41:17 am »

Ithaca looks on with excitement.

Also attempt to see the future of the exchange between Valyrie and Gabe. (PM me if successful?)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2016, 02:01:13 pm »

((Edits are very easy to miss))
From your perspective, she's walking directly at you. Unless you stop her, she's walking well within touch range, and once there she's going to reach out to touch you while still walking towards you. She isn't moving suddenly or sprinting or anything. It's just a question of if you'll let her touch you or not.

I don't understand your 6th sense ability well. I can answer if he's in danger or not / if she has hostile intent / etc. but I don't know what information you should have. IC she has no reason to say anything more or do anything different since you haven't said anything, and I honestly don't know how your Defend action would apply, considering the situation and what her full action is.

"Reflexes and his uncanny knack for sensing danger." This is an in-game defence mechanic, not a metagame action I take. In game, if my character is about to be sneak attacked  he will get the hairs standing up on the back of his neck, Then at that point he would keep his distance and at no point  let someone touch him sensing an attack, he would use his quick reflexes to dodge. The sixth sense lets me know your bad intentions should there be any.Just like any of your characters special abilities, this is what I had in mind when I picked this ability, but I'll leave it up to GM.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:06:14 pm by chokepoint »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2016, 11:56:47 pm »

Going by your description, your 6th sense regarding danger would not be activated by Valyrie's action.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2016, 03:09:03 pm »

Going by your description, your 6th sense regarding danger would not be activated by Valyrie's action.

If your action is not hostile in nature then no it would not. However if it was hostile in nature or dangerous to Gabe he would sense the danger with his Sixth Sense ability. His  Sixth Sense does not rely on what your character appears to be doing, that would be one of his 5 normal senses, visual.
Google it if you like. I have a feeling you don't like the ability because it interferes with your action and you don't want to understand and it's inconvenient to your side of it.

sixth sense

noun

noun: sixth sense; plural noun: sixth senses

a supposed intuitive faculty giving awareness not explicable in terms of normal perception.
"some sixth sense told him he was not alone"

as I said, GM ruling applies.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:12:47 pm by chokepoint »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2016, 05:45:45 pm »

again, going by your description, 6th sense would not be activated by Valyrie's action.

It does not interfere in any way.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2016, 10:31:38 pm »

Okay, okay I have finally mustered up enough energy to return, and update this game again.

*Ahem. Fail.*

Terros manipulates probability... to make it that the wards run out of power at that moment.
You do so, and succeed, somehow. This doesn't open the doors, it just makes the flaming one stop being on fire. They're still locked though.
*Talks to the door:

Open Sesame!

Summon an unbreakable volcanic glass sword.
Upon saying the passphrase "Open Sesame!" the doors, open, and a dark corridoor lies ahead of you. Rolled a 100. DC was 99. *facepalms*
After resealing my wounds with blood magic, I push on the door with all my might!
There is no point in doing that anymore. Your blood magic energy has been drained, and you cannot use it anytime soon. Don't want you infinihealing now, do we?
"Eh, there's always the nuclear option."

Note that I didn't try to freeze the doors anyway. That would defeat the purpose of trying to unlock them.

Take out some water from my supplies. Speed up the water in time so it reacts quicker. then splash it on the door to make it rust instantly.
Ithaca looks on with excitement.

Also attempt to see the future of the exchange between Valyrie and Gabe. (PM me if successful?)
You don't bother with the water, as the doors are already open. But, you still attempt to use future sight, and you see bare scraps of the future. PMed.

He is too busy to notice, and you succeed.

You search around for something hidden, but are distracted by Valyrie.... doing something. You can now see completely fine in the dark, but don't actually emit any light. You search for hidden things, and under a conspicuous pot plant, you find a key, which is probably useless now, because the doors are already open.

The doors are open! Hooray! Now you can start the quest! What lies ahead? Only I know....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:59:32 pm by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2016, 10:47:05 pm »

I pull out my blade, and begin sniffing for blood, so that I may spill it
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2016, 10:49:22 pm »

I still have super-strength. Push The Door Open!
This obviously wasn't clear enough.

*Talks to the door:

Open Sesame!

Summon an unbreakable volcanic glass sword.
Upon saying the passphrase "Open Sesame!" the doors, open, and a dark corridoor lies ahead of you. Rolled a 100. DC was 99. *facepalms*

When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2016, 12:04:36 am »

The current situation is acceptable. No action required.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10