Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarf Castle: Hammernuts  (Read 1482 times)

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Castle: Hammernuts
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 04:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bas Cost Budde:
<STRONG>First person future? Does that depend on the house of verb, then? Because a form like 'eshtagea' does not contain a male/female thingy.</STRONG>

Which was exactly my point. That mysterious "even harder" language needs male and female forms for future and past first person because hebrew does not.
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

Kylaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 06:05:00 pm »

No, nothing has happened in the fort, I haven't had time to play. Been working on my engineering design project all day and most of yesterday. When I have time to do something, I'll post the results.

I'm a guy, by the way, so you can use a defined pronoun. :-P

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

You could build rooms out of windows (you mentioned locked doors - but windows are nicer).

Just make a bunch of green or clear glass windows and stick them together with a door on them.

Also, you could completely bridge over the chasm and seal all but a small area off. Then all the chasm invaders would come through that one area. I do this regularly - It prevents the loss of skilled dwarves to falling. You could actually seal it off entirely by using raised drawbridges on both ends and all bridges in between covering every tile. A similar thing could be done to the river to prevent drownings, leaving a few little offset squares open for fishing, building a mill, etc.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 [2]