Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [Psycho Deer]  (Read 28318 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [5/4][:3]
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2016, 03:56:18 pm »

Nah, you're not taking over yet. I'm still driving this train, no matter how bad I am.

UPDOOT!

Now I might as well move that stupid plant back over to the Ship...
[5]
Jojo picks up the log with ease, and carries it over to the ship, presumably to begin a pile of logs.

Enter the ship, plug in the 3-D printer, and examine the files we have saved to print. Search for the words "Fuel" or "Power" and failing that, search for "Brew" or "Still".
Nataria checks the 3D Printer files, and finds a folder called “Emergency Fuel Parts”, which is filled with the plans for the parts needed to build an emergency fuel refinery.
[5]
She also finds a few other folders, such as “Weapons”, “Furniture”, “Houses”, “Electronics”, basically anything you could ever need.

Look for natives in the area, preferably ones with lots of sea trade

"Yarr, pirates be nothin without people to steal from!"
Vlad looks around for natives, but doesn’t see much. If there is anyone or anything on this planet, it’s probably hidden behind the woods or mountain.

"Save your fairy tales. There's work to be done."

Set up a comfortable living space for myself, if none already exists. Then make some hot food and eat it.

((I accidentally used the word "telepathy" a few times when I was referring to something more like psychokinesis. I will go back and fix all the RP stuff, but I can live with miswriting my action.))
[5]
Alfred goes into his part of the crew quarters, and makes some amazing hot food for himself.

Try to take inventory of all the items we did bring.
[5]
Coleman searches through the cargo hold, and finds some useful items; There’s a datapad, probably loaded with information of the surrounding area, several pre-packaged meals, a few pre-fabricated solar panels, about 10 or so books in case anyone gets bored, equipment for mining and refining minerals, suits for various types of dangerous environments, and a suit of power armor. It’s less power armor more a fancy exoskeleton, but it is still durable, and can allow the user to run at the speed of a cyborg. The speed boost is of limited use, however, as the nuclear reactor on the back isn’t powerful enough to keep it going for more than a mile.

You guys got impressively lucky with roles here. I've never seen anything like it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:17:23 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

Load up the 3-D Printer with... whatever it uses, and then get the fuel refinery printing. With any remaining materials, create basic survival tools, like a fire-starting mechanism, a tree-chopping device, some way to reposition ground, and a way to excavate stone. So basically, matches, an axe/chainsaw, a shovel/excavator, and a pickaxe/drill.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2016, 05:51:43 pm »

Get patched up, then grab a mineing device, me will assult trees with it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2016, 07:38:10 pm »

<<Just waiting for the other three to post now. I've had dice and your two's turns ready for a little bit :P>>

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2016, 07:43:40 pm »

Search for a small animal in the forest to entertain the crew

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »

Check the people going outside and make sure they don't get killed.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2016, 12:55:16 am »

Realise the implications of the horrible terrible telepathy thing. Try it out on the captain.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2016, 01:56:30 pm »

"Yarr, be careful what minds ya read, boy! Ya might not like what ya find!"

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:21 pm »

[4]
Nataria loads the 3D Printer with filament, and begins queueing things to be printed. She starts to queue the Fuel Refinery, but the printer says it will take several hours, and more filament is needed. So she prints a plasma-lighter, a chainsaw, a handheld excavator, and a handheld drill, and looks for how much more filament is needed. The printer comes back with a file for a filament extruder, saying it needs another roll of filament. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem and the file would be nothing but an annoyance, but now it’s a godsend.

Jojo picks up the drill, and after figuring out how it works, looks around for a tree of some sort to attack.

[1]
Vlad goes out looking for a small, preferably friendly, woodland creature to entertain someone with. Instead, he stumbles through a hornet’s nest on accident, and is stung by an angry swarm of hornets. It looks rather comical, with a space-pirate running from a big cloud of hornets. Eventually, the swarm leaves.

[5]
Luckily, Coleman was expecting someone to get hurt, and immediately helps Vlad with his various cuts and scrapes, not to say the stings.

Alfred decides to try out his powers of telepathy on the captain, who through pure drunkenness alone, or possibly a remnant of his former life, blocks Alf and tells him "Yarr, be careful what minds ya read, boy! Ya might not like what ya find!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2016, 07:28:00 pm »

Search the ship for filament rolls, then load it into the printer and print the filament extruder.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2016, 08:09:29 pm »

Chastise Vlad on his foolishness. "You can't just go out there and start searching for a random creature to pick up and cuddle or whatever! What if that were, a, uh, bear or something?"

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2016, 08:27:02 pm »

"Then we'd have a bear! Ya sayin ya don't want a pet bear?"

Down another mug of rum, then go fishing.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2016, 08:29:35 pm »

>Assult a tree with the drill.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2016, 09:00:50 pm »

"Then we'd have a bear! Ya sayin ya don't want a pet bear?"

Down another mug of rum, then go fishing.

"Do you even know how to tame a bear? I at least know that I don't know! Although that would be pretty cool..." Make sure that the captain doesn't get attacked by a shark or something.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2016, 09:03:16 am »

"How...how did you resist that?!"

Go tame a bear with my telepathic powers.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27