Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [Psycho Deer]  (Read 28315 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: "Stranded" A Small Sci-fi RTD [5/4][:3]
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2016, 12:41:41 pm »

Do to low intelligence reducing reasons not to, Jojo Punches the Part of the forth wall that the GM is behind wondering if it will return...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2016, 02:55:02 pm »

"If we're breaking the fourth wall now, I could pilot the thread. I was just never instructed on how to, and every thread I tried to pilot died, crashing as I lost interest. RIP."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2016, 04:35:35 pm »

"Yarr! Long as ye don't cheat the die rolls ye'll do fine."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2016, 05:05:14 pm »

"This.... is where things get awkward. Y'see.... I never once rolled a die over the period of eight RTD's! I'm basically Satan!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2016, 05:53:16 pm »

<<I've been letting you guys have a little IC fun, and dealing with mountains of school work. Expect updoot soonish. Hopefully today>>
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2016, 08:01:03 pm »

"Over the period of a full eight RTDs? Wow, that's... Awful!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »

"Did ye just make the rolls up or just create backstories and never let anyone play?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2016, 09:03:56 pm »

"Oh, I just made up rolls depending on what would be most amusing. Character trying to cross a room in zero gee? Roll a zero and collide with two of your friends! Walking through a field? Get a six and walk through the minefield! Man I was bad. But at least they got some entertainment out of it."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »

"That be terrible, remind me never to play dice with ye"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:42 pm »

"We already did that one time. I got your extra rations for a month... or I was supposed to. You never followed through. Suppose it's fair though, considering the dice were load... nevermind."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:01 pm »

"I offered me extra rations, but ye said ye didn't drink. What, ye thought I got most of me caloric intake from food?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:49 pm »

"I offered me extra rations, but ye said ye didn't drink. What, ye thought I got most of me caloric intake from food?"

Coleman laughs. "Damn, I must have missed that one! I would have loved to see that..."

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2016, 11:31:57 pm »

See if we have food. Also, check if we have any useful equipment that wasn't broken in the crash. Also, drink a mug of rum.

"Good news, me hardies! The rum is safe! A round for everyone!"

((What good pirate would be caught drinking water? Also, normally 2 is supposed to be a failure, and 6 usually has negative consequences in the RTD format, but you're DM so you can play it how you want))

Vlad, finding the rum, tells the others over coms, and proceeds to drink a mug while searching for useful equipment and food. He finds a small, 3-day ration for each person, a couple broken electronics that could be scavenged for parts, a small plasma cutter, useful for cutting metal, a small 3D-Printer, and a few other spare parts.

"Maybe the alcohol could be used as fuel somehow?"

Continue to stand guard.

Coleman continues to stand guard over the two outside, while talking to Vlad about using the alchohol for food.

"Didn't this thing run on some special, extra-concentrated bilge? The rum, though delicious, probably won't cut it. Still, good for keeping the spirits up! Come grab some while there's still some for the grabbin'!"

Drink another mug of rum

((And chaotic skies was worried about him making things rough :P))

Vlad continues to drink rum, and proves he holds his liquor well.

And Another Punch, No Stupid Plant is going to out fight me!

While Vlad and Coleman talk, Jojo decides to punch the tree again. He punches the rest of the way through [4], doing just enough damage for it to fall. This time, he totally ignores the pain, barely even grimacing [5]. The tree falls in the opposite direction, gently landing on the forest floor due to the other trees' branches [6].

"Natara's right you know. Even I'm not foolhardy enough to punch down a tree. Given your luck, the damn thing might fall on you or something super dangerous."

Try to see if I can find a way to get Jojo to stop punching the tree.
"Well, I suppose one drink wouldn't hurt. I just wonder how long the booze is gonna last."

Go inside for a drink. At any rate, it's better than watching over a tree puncher and doctor-turned-herbalist and making sure they don't hurt themselves.

"Hey, that reminds me, what about the suit dude? What's he doing again, other than locking up the AI because the Vlad asked?"

Coleman attempts to prevent Jojo from punching the tree again, but sees Jojo's luck, and decides instead to go in the ship and drink some rum with Vlad.

"Stop, you idiotic brute! If you damage yourself enough then I can't help you! Why don't you come over here and let me treat you?"

If the injured crewman comes over to me, mend his fists up using gauze from my trauma-kit. If he does not, then continue gathering tall grass, but add piles of small sticks and leaves.
Jojo does not walk over to Nataria, so she continues gathering small grass, as well as collecting a decent amount of small sticks and leaves.

"My watch had a broken microfuse connector, if you even care to know. And I don't need a captain's order to find replacement parts. Just because 'the intelligence' is disabled doesn't mean it would help us if it worked."

Check the Biochronic Index on my holo-watch. Watch out for any gravitational anomalies that would weaken my signal strength. Then review some data on Level 1 telepathy.

Alfred decides to check his holo-watch, and reviews some data on Level 1 telepathy, [6] and discovers some more knowledge, although he thinks it could be dangerous, and debates whether or not to tell the other crew members.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:23:08 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2016, 06:48:21 am »

Don't see my action there... is that a mistake? Did I forget to post one.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2016, 09:59:15 am »

"Is the lad using that fancy watch again? Didn't ye say ye wouldn't touch it again after it nearly took off yer hand?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27