Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Aoshi's test thread: Test 2?  (Read 77489 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics test: Test 3, Alien overlords
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2016, 04:53:00 am »

>Look for hostiles
3. Nothing in particular strikes you as overtly hostile. You spy some people in the hospital, but it is highly unlikely that they are those damn terrorists. And armed forces hiding in hospital is kinda frowned upon.
Your viewpoint is rather limited, so it is easy to hide. Perhaps if you had better vantage point you would have easier time hiding hostiles.

Head toward the Industrial building, shouting "AAY ! HERE WE COME BBY !"
2. Your skip over the road. The place seems to be closed at the moment, so your shouting gathers no attention.

Run around and scout the place out. Maybe try and find an abandoned house or something for use as a base?
3. Good time to test your new legs, eh? You sprint to north over the road, by the east wall of the industrial building where Nakéen is shouting like an idiot, reach another east-west road and take a quick look around. 100 meters north east is Ǝ shaped sturdy looking building with empty parking lot. Same distance to north you think you see a cross on top of some nice looking building. Perhaps a churchhouse or something. To east is probably residential area, you spot number of town houses between trees and bushes. And in west... Is that a car dealership? Probably, it has lots of cars parked by.
Nothing seems clearly abandonded. Some of these could be freshly abandonded, but you aren't certain.

Continue admiring my gun, and follow Nakeen
6. Hold on there, Casanova, it is unprofessional to get aroused by your big, thick, black, and very lethal gun. Sure it would be nice to spray its dangerous content around, but you are member of special forces alpha team. Gotta save it for the right person.

move quickly to the target location. Engage and incapacitate the first hostile that I spot with melee so as to keep quiet and get a prisoner..
5. You strain your memory to remember if you saw hospital anywhere on the map you saw in auditorium. Hmm... Yeah, you think you saw this configuration of buildings in south eastern corner. Yes, between two rivers, some distance to south of the planned base. 200-300 meters apart, maybe? You are not perfectly sure about the scale. Your loony, uncoordinated team mates are proceeding in correct direction by sheer luck.
You jog north after Whisperling who zooms out of sight, only to catch him half minute later peering around. Ah, there's the machine tooling store. Apparently empty. You spot a lonely morning jogger on east. He's going north, nicely just by the target building.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2016, 05:02:04 am »

Knock at the door, shouting "IS THERE SOMEBODY THERE ?"
If no one answers/opens, adds "IT'S NOT FUNNY" and kick the damn door.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2016, 05:02:55 am »

>Stand around and wait until the next number is a 3.
((Yep, since those rolls are our future I can Theoretically wait for the numbers to change naturally through them "Passing" as I wait, Thus causing a roll that requires no roll...))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2016, 05:05:47 am »

((Yep, since those rolls are our future I can Theoretically wait for the numbers to change naturally through them "Passing" as I wait, Thus causing a roll that requires no roll...))
(Problem is, your future still happens if you wait aimlessly. Rolling a 1 could get you rolled over by a random car :P)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2016, 05:12:13 am »

(Problem is, your future still happens if you wait aimlessly. Rolling a 1 could get you rolled over by a random car :P )
((Considering the numbers I currently have, I dont think that could be a problem... 2 2 6 2 6 3 3 3 2 3, mostly since 2 = you did nothing.))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2016, 05:24:23 am »

(Problem is, your future still happens if you wait aimlessly. Rolling a 1 could get you rolled over by a random car :P )
((Considering the numbers I currently have, I dont think that could be a problem... 2 2 6 2 6 3 3 3 2 3, mostly since 2 = you did nothing.))
Or [2] You fail at waiting and go in hyperactive fit and do something stupid.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2016, 05:27:52 am »

Or [2] You fail at waiting and go in hyperactive fit and do something stupid.
Glorious !

EDIT: I don't like waiting idly in a RTD. It's like holding a big sign saying "HAHA GM, U CAN'T TOUCH ME". Which he actually can.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2016, 05:30:19 am »

((Seeing as how 2 is Standardly by Definition "Fail, nothing happened" I don't think there is any real possibility of failure...))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2016, 05:34:31 am »

When he kicks the door down, I rush in and put the place on lock down, saying "YEAH, BOY! YA LOOKIN AT A LOCK DOWN NOW, BROTHER!!! Here Comin da Pain Train YAH!"
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:34:43 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2016, 07:32:38 am »

Check out the residential area.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2016, 01:03:54 pm »

Check around for any back doors to the target building, breach and clear as quietly as possible. Preferrably do so before the others kick the door in, so as to minimize reinforcements to the front.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2016, 03:50:37 pm »

2. No one answers. Perhaps because you are invisible? They may think people are being pranksters.
2. Either the door is reinforced or your kick is really feeble. Probably the latter.

2. Absolutely nothing happens. No bypassers, no attacks. Nothing. Very boring.

When he kicks the door down, I rush in and put the place on lock down, saying "YEAH, BOY! YA LOOKIN AT A LOCK DOWN NOW, BROTHER!!! Here Comin da Pain Train YAH!"
It wasn't so much of kick as tapping the glass so your antics are thwarted. Perhaps you should show how it is done? Future looks briefly promising.

Check out the residential area.
3. Well, there is certainly one. Residential buildings are all standard two floor design, surrounded by tall bush/tree fences and nice fertile plot. Quiet area, nice place to settle down if you plan to retire. There's one jogger a bit to north. He's peering around your direction trying to figure who was running here. Not seeing anyone, he shrugs and continues jogging.

Check around for any back doors to the target building, breach and clear as quietly as possible. Preferrably do so before the others kick the door in, so as to minimize reinforcements to the front.
It sounds like you are trying to get into same building as your more loud team mates, but they are at building one block south.

###;;  ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;    ;;
###;;  ;;;############;;    ;;
###;;  ;;;;;;;;;;#####;;    ;;
###;;            #####;;    ;;
###;;           D#####;;    ;;
###;;  ;;;############;;   W;;
###;;  ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
###;;  ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
###;;  ;;;;;;;;;;;;
###;;  ;;;;

D = you
W = Whisperling
Others some distance south

5. There's many back doors. And elevated platforms for loading trucks. Not eager to test how loud your gun is, you rather choose to break a window. Possibly less noisy. The window shatters easily and you dive inside a moment later. You find yourself in a empty hall, if you ignore few machines bolted on the floor. Somewhat dark too. No movement, no sounds. Seems like the building is empty of living.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2016, 04:09:42 pm »

Yeah, I kick the door down, THEN I do as I stated above
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2016, 04:17:26 pm »

Begin searching for signs of life, or anything that would point to this being a base of ops for the rebel forces. Remember to keep hidden, of course.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2016, 04:53:30 pm »

Peer into a few windows.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33