Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What style would you like the game to be in?

Suggestion Game
- 3 (100%)
Competitive 4-7 Players
- 0 (0%)
Cooperative 4-7 Players
- 0 (0%)
Cooperative 3-5 Players and a Suggestion Character
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Interest Check - Puzzle Series  (Read 656 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Interest Check - Puzzle Series
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:40:47 am »

So, I'm thinking of running a series of games with a set objective, that can be accomplished through critical thinking, exploration, and some weird research and stuff. So, for example, give you a (fictional) user manual to the engine room of a ship, and have you try to get it working again. The challenge being wading through obscure text, reference numbers, missing sections, confusing instructions, and outdated terminology. The games would last until the puzzle was solved, or until you got stuck. Now, before I start really working on this, I have a few questions.

1: Would anyone be interested in playing?
2: What setting would you like the first game to take place in? (Sci-fi, modern, historical, ect.)
3: What types of challenges would you like to see, and what do you want left out? (For instance, would anyone be interested in solving a simple (or not) cypher, or a mathematical equation)
4: Anything else you want to say, suggestions, questions, ect?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check - Puzzle Series
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 01:53:52 pm »

1: Yes.
2: Sci-fi or even fantasy.
3: I love a good puzzle, so no answer for this.
4: Nope. I'm sold on this idea.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check - Puzzle Series
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 02:07:44 pm »

1: Yes.
2: Sci-fi or even fantasy.
3: I love a good puzzle, so no answer for this.
4: Nope. I'm sold on this idea.

I'm thinking exactly this.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!