Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 229936 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Final Round
« Reply #3510 on: December 29, 2016, 02:26:27 am »

We're all winners, man. We got to take part in this.
Omygod thank you. You don't know how much that means to me as a GM  :'(  << Tears of joy
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Game Over!
« Reply #3511 on: December 29, 2016, 03:09:27 am »

Hrrrrrg.  Drat!

Ach.  Well played, Fallacy.

And thank you, Tomasque, because this was, indeed, pretty awesome.

I'm not sure who won.  I'm kind of thinking me, but doubting it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: December 29, 2016, 03:41:14 am »

Mildly confused about the last round (for me, Fallacy had the clear benefit of my doubt, whilst Hector just didn't gain my trust) which was so heavily Town-weighted that it was an unbelievable bluff, as it turns out.

In totality, I had faithfully totted up round details (including wins), early in the game, but that stopped after a hardware change and it was obvious that it wasn't going to just be a simple novel permutation of archetypes, each round...

Had fun (bordering on frustration at times), and you'll see that in my VP score, no doubt, being forfeited for the lulz many times.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: December 29, 2016, 05:07:50 am »

Yeah, I kept all my VP.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: December 29, 2016, 10:02:18 am »

Any particular reason you chose to kill me, FoU?

One, you were being jumpy. I thought you were the True Evil role.
Two. Bandwagoning scum.
~~~
Here's the deal. The only reason I got away with that deception is because I believed it myself. I actually thought hector13 was the True Evil role who needed me to kill him for town to win. Worked out for me anyways. Seriously, that round was horribly weighted against scum.

So... gg. Speaking of which, I kept all my VP.
J'n buufnqujoh up gpsgfju nz mbtu wjdupsz qpjou jo fydibohf gps pof gjobm cpovt spvoe.
Maybe now we can do the quote-tage? Y'know, the thing where we go through the game and gather up the really funny quotes? Like hector's "Tomasque, you bastard".
~~~
We're all winners, man. We got to take part in this.
Sure. Glorious game. Looking forwards to Exquisite Cops and Robbers, your next game.

That said, if we're all winners, then don't forget to put the "special guests" in the win tally post.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 29, 2016, 10:10:07 am »

I was hoping there'd be bonus points for figuring out the source :'(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: December 29, 2016, 10:14:41 am »

Moonlit (thus EP?) knows the source explicitly.  You only got given tentative hints, from my own latest information (spendthrift as I was, myself...  ;) ).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: December 29, 2016, 10:22:38 am »

Yes, I can edit posts now. But hey, force of habit.

Round Commentary:
Round 1: In which I investigated hector, led everybody to bandwagon on him. Turns out he was the arsonist. The simplest of the rounds.
Round 2: In which I fail at being evil, pretend to be a bomb, fail at bluffing people out, get mobbed.
Round 3: In which deductive logic and luck remove a mind control ghost.
Round 4: In which I fail at being evil, even more so than last time. In which I am very very confused and nuked by a Negotiator. In which everybody is talking in secret and I somehow end up lynched.
Round 5: In which there is another lucky lynch. A fifth player shows up?
Round 6. In which we pass items around and blackmail only works once.
Round 7. In which people enter and exit the game at a whim and I really shouldn't have claimed.
Round 8. In which pacifism gets me killed and politics is abundant.
Round 9. In which everything is confusing to me, and I, as such, fail at being evil. Though I managed to lynch the bloody Saint.
Round 10. In which we have to knock first before acting. There's also a cult.
Round 11. In which I fail to obliterate anybody.
Round 12. In which talking is a privilege and I fail at being evil, more specifically manipulative. I'm also a russian.
Round 13. In which there is poking, fake time travel, and an alien.
Round 14. In which everybody is Evil except me. And there's hands involved. And one of the images hints at the players. Did I mention I hate silencing?
Round 15. In which I am confused and silenced.
Round 16. In which I finally succeed at being evil with hypnotic song.
Round 17. In which the roles are parallel to the previous round and hector understandably refuses to claim(and gets lynched anyways).
Round 18. In which love prevails.
Round 19. In which voodoo is a thing, there's a court case, we still don't know what would've happened if hector died... and who was Daryll Cricket anyways?
Round 20. In which... AAAARGH WHY.
Round 21. In which the game is so easy for town they're convinced that scum(me!) isn't scum.

And...
Bonus Round 1: In which roles change and Undertale is the theme. And I still don't know why I won.
Bonus Round 2: In which there is real time travel.

Thoughts?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: December 29, 2016, 10:36:02 am »

Moonlit (thus EP?) knows the source explicitly.  You only got given tentative hints, from my own latest information (spendthrift as I was, myself...  ;) ).

Not really. I also gave up VPs, and figured out something a few months back, though I can't remember if I got the right one at the time... and then remember specifically round 20 figuring it out proper.

Your hints aren't as easy to find as you think :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: December 29, 2016, 10:54:50 am »

(Rephrased version: My latest information, obtained from being a spendthrift, are that the hints you received were more tentative than the actual Youtube link that was sent to Moonlit.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: December 29, 2016, 10:59:39 am »

Oh right.

They were tentative, but enough to work with, particularly seeing as the "answer" to one of the hints was mentioned specifically in the thread someplace.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: December 29, 2016, 01:11:21 pm »

I agree that the last round was pretty wonky, and I guess that deserves an explanation: I designed this round so that town would have to "verbally tiptoe" around the Evil role - communicating secretly with each other, without revealing to the Evil role that they know who they are, or that some of them can't even vote for it. When the game wasn't played this way, a lot of things that I hadn't accounted for really skewed the game. If you are wondering what I designed the round play like, here's a run through:

First, the Sorcerer and Sorceress - knowing  a) the identity of the evil role b) its killing ability, which havens before lynch c) that their votes don't work on it and d) that there's a role that's exactly like theirs - begin by trying to find their copy. Once they succeed, they have to find how the two remaining players could take down the Minotaur, and could do that with the help of the Prophet, who would know the Champion and Sorceress/ess by rolename, and could communicate out loud by addressing people by rolename, thus still keeping the Minotaur in the dark. In the end, everyone could realize that if they all voted for the Minotaur, it wouldn't know who to kill. A second - but harder - tactic would be to have the Champion alone vote for the Minotaur, convincing it that they were simply pressure voting so that the Minotaur wouldn't attack.

In hindsight, I realize that I was trying too hard to make a really special final round, and ended up overreaching myself.

I have more stuff I want to post, but it's time to go snow-shoeing now, so I'll do it when I come home tonight (and I'll reveal the victory point totals as well).
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: December 29, 2016, 08:37:12 pm »

Yeah, your flavor was definitely a bit confusing.  Like, there are definitely two interpretations, judging how we, you know, all believed it...
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: December 29, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »

Goodness sakes, this ran for almost a year.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: December 29, 2016, 08:57:28 pm »

J'n buufnqujoh up gpsgfju nz mbtu wjdupsz qpjou jo fydibohf gps pof gjobm cpovt spvoe.
Maybe now we can do the quote-tage? Y'know, the thing where we go through the game and gather up the really funny quotes? Like hector's "Tomasque, you bastard".
That sounds amazing! But... there's like 270 pages of this game... should we, like, split up to get all the quotes?

Have to go to a movie now, but I'll add the rest later, I swear!
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237