Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 229985 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Final Round
« Reply #3465 on: December 27, 2016, 12:48:24 pm »

Thank you, Fish. At last you confirm. Just before the 'day' got locked, I was going to request, again, that you could confirm what I knew, but you stayed strangely quiet.

By the way, have some terrible poetry...

I dream to two levels and fall a little fall,
As historic yearnings I see that hurt some more.
I nail a trait, a unlit monster,
But you turn from afeared, say over.
Burn last day, do I really have call?
It lessens thy knowledge, I loudly bawl.
Jests you silently,
Can't one shun, crisis free?

Explanation later.
First, last, first, last, ... With bonus topicality of the words.

Also, Fallacy, my role (and I suspect others') aren't coloured at all. Thanks for confirming that you probably are the one indicated in my roletext (as red coloured), and it's not a mistake due to a role-misdirect. Which, as with others, ends in something I'm not sure what do with right now....
You know that it's power - like yours - can never match the power of that beast. You do not have the strength to fight it, and any attempts you make to slay the MINOTAUR will be in vain.[/i][/font]

Anyway, I'll be a couple of hours then take another serious look at my roletext, to see what I missed about what I can actually do.  (Now revealed, if it's not a big trick, I'm really not sure what's holding Fallacy back, though...)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: December 27, 2016, 12:49:59 pm »

EBWOP that I messed up that last bit of quoting. Final paragraph is me again, after unopened font effect gets closed.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: December 27, 2016, 01:27:02 pm »

My role is also uncoloured.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: December 27, 2016, 01:32:49 pm »

So... how come you've not been voting for FoU? Or made an attempt to kill him directly, as you claim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: December 27, 2016, 02:21:54 pm »

You know that it's power - like yours - can never match the power of that beast. You do not have the strength to fight it, and any attempts you make to slay the MINOTAUR will be in vain.

Until I saw Fallacy say otherwise, while I was off-line, I didn't know I could even do anything other than vote, and I didn't want to do that because of the above. Had thought someone with an actual action needed to do something with/for me.

(Haven't worked out what it is I shouod do, yet.  I'll be home again in ~1 hour and be able to take that proper look that I need.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: December 27, 2016, 02:24:48 pm »

FoU
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: December 27, 2016, 02:28:33 pm »

I suppose we might as well try to lynch FoU, though I'm concerned by the thought of a Starver/TBF cult.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: December 27, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »

FoU
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: December 27, 2016, 03:35:52 pm »

I've got a bad feeling about this, but FoU...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: December 27, 2016, 03:38:02 pm »

Not-FoU people, I would highly recommend using any night actions you have that look useful right now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: December 27, 2016, 03:48:18 pm »

(My only understanding about the situation* is that I cannot fight FoU by conventional means.  At best, all of us can fight FoU together, but at worst anybody who votes FoU will die.  But if everyone dies but me, through my not voting, then I'm just going to be killed by the minataur by default. So I might as well try for the former.)

((* My flavourtext, and seemingly Fish's, tells me exactly who the Minataur is. It's not even an N0 'lucky action'. Thus WTH is the round mechanics that can defeat this auto-discovery by two players?  It must be deeper than the superficial appearance.  But given I completely lack a better idea as to what Hidden Autos might be lurking to trap us...  Or am I just too paranoid, and it's a double-bluff amd really is that simple?  Well, we'll find out, obviously.))

And Ninja Fish is correct. SFAICT, I'm not an action-making person, but I might find something on my next read or two of my role...  Here's hoping.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: December 27, 2016, 08:40:07 pm »

I don't even. There isn't even anything for me to argue against. No day game arguments. Nothing. I've got nothing.

Y'know what? No.

Yes, I'm the Minotaur. Yes, my name's red. But my win condition, I realize, doesn't require you to die. I simply wish to stalk the labyrinth until time ceases. I'm a survivor.

Then who is the actual evil role? Or, True Evil, methinks? Some kind of dream creature. Y'see, I don't think I was originally the minotaur. Something caused a change. Some kind of dream creature that released my subconscious into my conscious, based on my flavor.

A True Evil role who turned us all into monsters. Let's get claiming.
~~~
I am the Minotaur. I wish to stalk the maze till time ends. I may release my human disguise in order to kill someone, though I will be revealed as the Minotaur then.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: December 27, 2016, 11:11:37 pm »

...Waaaaaaaaaait.

Unvote
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: December 27, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »

It's a trap.

My wincon hints heavily at FoU being the Evil role, but it's never stated, and I'm pretty sure he's not.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: December 27, 2016, 11:16:02 pm »

Starver, reread your role.

There seem to be two separate dreams mentioned in mine - 'evil' vs. 'powerful'.  Check that.

Also, *implies heavily, not hints.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 237