Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 229992 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Final Round
« Reply #3450 on: December 26, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

Basically, I didn't have any better ideas. Maybe I should have thought on that more.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: December 26, 2016, 08:36:05 pm »

An investigation, perhaps? A kill? Why sing a Christmas carol?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: December 26, 2016, 08:53:52 pm »

Eh, fair point. Should've examined something, watched somebody, or whatnot. If only I thought of that.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: December 26, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »

So your story is that after 20+ rounds of Mafia Marathon and a handful of other games, you consider the issue enough to come to the conclusion that you are free to perform any action that has been performed during the entirety of Mafia Marathon, from investigations to kills to redirects to blocks... and you decide to do a song?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: December 26, 2016, 09:06:03 pm »

Incorrect. I came to the conclusion that I could preform any action a human could physically do, from dance to singing to tackling.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: December 26, 2016, 09:11:08 pm »

Why singing and not tackling?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: December 26, 2016, 09:44:44 pm »

Just so I don't have to say this to everyone who will eventually PM me some action: You cannot take actions that arent stated on your role. Though there was a miscommunication that made it look like it, FallacyofUrist's attempted action did not affect the night flavor. I don't feel happy that I have to come out and bluntly dispense information, but I don't think anyone would feel happy if after the round ended, it was revealed that everything was won/lost because of a misunderstanding.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: December 26, 2016, 09:45:26 pm »

What would tackling accomplish?
~~~
Ninja: well never mind.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: December 27, 2016, 01:08:14 am »

Just so I don't have to say this to everyone who will eventually PM me some action: You cannot take actions that arent stated on your role. Though there was a miscommunication that made it look like it, FallacyofUrist's attempted action did not affect the night flavor. I don't feel happy that I have to come out and bluntly dispense information, but I don't think anyone would feel happy if after the round ended, it was revealed that everything was won/lost because of a misunderstanding.
Well then.

Any alternate theories on what that was?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: December 27, 2016, 01:12:42 am »

Considering the thing on the tracks is just flavor, chances are it's just flavor, unless it's similar to the stuff with Starver in Round 1 (or 2?) and a recent round, in which someone acting on the person who makes the music makes it falter.

I don't think there have been many things in the flavour text that have been relevant to the game at large.

Maybe you can tell us why you answered the question for FoU?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: December 27, 2016, 01:42:55 am »

I don't think there have been many things in the flavour text that have been relevant to the game at large.
That's interesting, since my flavour text is incredibly relevant.

Some tidbits:
- I am the Prophet
- It is strongly implied that there is exactly one evil role (but this is a bastard game, so who knows)
- I can't hurt the "evil dream"; I need to find a way to strike against it (help, anyone?) (is the Evil role immune to lynching?)

If people want, I can post (most of) the original flavourtext.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: December 27, 2016, 02:00:46 am »

Personally, I think we should all go for full disclosure. If this is a puzzle round—the puzzle being "how do we kill the evil role?"—we'll need every bit of information we can get, and we don't want to lose any through Town deaths.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: December 27, 2016, 02:05:01 am »

I'd like to point out you've taken that sentence out of context, and demanded a mass-claim on what is essentially D1. Perhaps we should discuss things before taking drastic measures?

For starters: what makes you think the Evil role is immune to lynches?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: December 27, 2016, 10:20:56 am »

I'd like to point out you've taken that sentence out of context, and demanded a mass-claim on what is essentially D1. Perhaps we should discuss things before taking drastic measures?

For starters: what makes you think the Evil role is immune to lynches?
It told you an evil would awaken today, and you knew you had to find a way to destroy it. [...] Among them [the players], you know hides a dream that burns with a fiery evil far more powerful than you. It will be of no use for you to strike against it...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: December 27, 2016, 11:38:20 am »

The evil dream is FoU, which Starver can confirm.

I, too, seem impotent against it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 237