Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 229997 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 20
« Reply #3390 on: December 16, 2016, 04:24:06 pm »

yup. As I thought, hector13 was scum. Real scum, anyway.

That round was horribly biased against town. Day game is far more important now.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: December 16, 2016, 04:49:27 pm »

That round was horribly biased against town. Day game is far more important now.
I agree. The round was very biased against town, but it wasn't meant to be played as a standard round - it was a puzzle. If everyone figured out that their roles were from round 2, people's true wincons would be revealed, and a massclaim would root out the true evil role.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:08 pm »

If only I figured it out before I died.

Something seems... odd, though. Multiple things, actually.

1. The detective role in round 2's flavor seems to foreshadow this round. Did you really plan that far ahead?
2. There are no role blocks in this round. Yet Divine Immunity includes role block immunity.
3. What was with the day thing "? falters ?"? Something's up with Melody.
4. Fingertips. Odd role name...
5. "The world will be ending soon." Foreshadowing. Something's happening round 21, something special. I wonder if there will be a bonus round, though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: December 16, 2016, 06:24:43 pm »

All of the roles are from previous rounds, I'm pretty sure (with the possible exception of Fingertips).

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: December 16, 2016, 07:00:02 pm »

1. The detective role in round 2's flavor seems to foreshadow this round. Did you really plan that far ahead?
2. There are no role blocks in this round. Yet Divine Immunity includes role block immunity.
3. What was with the day thing "? falters ?"? Something's up with Melody.
4. Fingertips. Odd role name...
5. "The world will be ending soon." Foreshadowing. Something's happening round 21, something special. I wonder if there will be a bonus round, though.

1. The role flavor actually wasn't meant to foreshadow this round - I hadn't fully planned this one yet.
 2. That  was just there to prevent hector from gaining too much if he exploited the information Divine Immunity gave him about existing abilities.
 3. The day flavor was hidden except for a single word that would reveal if Melody was autoactivated.
 4. ;)
 5. Something special indeed.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: December 16, 2016, 07:04:05 pm »

Tomasque: How did you set the topic icon to "cell phone", anyway? I checked the dropdown and it wasn't there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: December 16, 2016, 07:26:06 pm »

Confirmation bias. I was the only person doing anything that entire round :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 16, 2016, 07:55:28 pm »

Tomasque: How did you set the topic icon to "cell phone", anyway? I checked the dropdown and it wasn't there.
Huh. It was available when I began this game - I guess it was removed. Why would Toady do that?
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 16, 2016, 08:27:21 pm »

Confirmation bias. I was the only person doing anything that entire round :P
Though I didn't know why, it was why I was definitely angling at you. Too much aggressiveness (except that it worked, of course, long enough for the secondary kill to get me).

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: December 16, 2016, 08:30:30 pm »

Fish, even without the (unexpected) second evil, I'd probably have not gone for the Neutral kill just to get my Wincon back. That's me, though. But my numbers were 1-3 too, so when you later gave that, I realised you were doomed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: December 16, 2016, 08:40:04 pm »

I think it was just 'cause you were getting frustrated with what I was doing, which was borne of frustration with what you were doing.

You're like the difference between a calculator and showing your work; town!hector wanted you to explain what you were saying, whereas you seemed content with just displaying the answer again :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: December 16, 2016, 08:58:52 pm »

Oh, and...

I'll say right now that I am not. Or at least that doesn't fit my question marks, if that's even what one would expect. Which, BTW, was given away far too early. I wish you'd let me get in on the bandwagon with a subtle acknowledgement before giving the game away. Or, to put it another way.

Right to now, in this flap be bromidic, effendi. Enigma. Surreal.
(Too soon have you given back, in to view, hidden persona tableau / fact volcano.)

Just to stake my claim in advance.  I don't even known what else to do right now...
...I hope that at least Hector saw that (not that I really wanted the Evil/True Evil to know it) easily, especially once revealed....

Post ninja: I think I made my workings clear enough. I was actually wrong about EP (because eager-to-seem-normal EP blew the question marks thing in a Town-like way, hence the contrivance above for exactly the reasons I gave!) and Fallacy should never have been considered dangerous (before revealing the damning evidence that confirmed, but probably doomed, Fish, and you have my reasoning about afterwards...), and I wasn't initially as sure about Fish (the bandwagon I had decided against getting on myself), but you were always scummiest-looking, and I know I hit a button, but I was just unsure as to whether I was actually accidentally hitting a Townie berserk button or a Scummy one, and I couldn't work out how to tell the difference between the two.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: December 16, 2016, 09:38:05 pm »

I was pissed off nobody was talking and you weren't expanding on your answers so I couldn't find anything beyond "obfuscation" to pin on you :p

Anyhow, did anyone get that secret message?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: December 17, 2016, 04:14:21 am »

Huh. It was available when I began this game - I guess it was removed. Why would Toady do that?
SMF update might've changed defaults.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: December 17, 2016, 08:08:55 am »

Obviously I failed to act decisively enough, and I missed some signs (remembering what the "1-3" meant last time, grasping at the "falters" keyword, etc) that might have helped, but now I'm left wondering....

Did anyone really know enough? Neatly ended dead 'cause our real rogue initiated dully ordinary rogue's special nastiness. E xcept that remained ostensibly unknown, not deducible. Questionably unlucky effects? Should those insidious obscurations negate most actions, realistically?

Those were my first thoughts, and I've not seen it said otherwise, but maybe by the next round it will prove itself as one conclusion or the other.  I can be silly, sometimes, just repeating previous analyse, but just in case it is useful to come back to it anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 237