Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 229998 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 20
« Reply #3315 on: December 07, 2016, 05:55:29 pm »

Right... did either of you try doing anything last night?
I tried using my action on you, since I figured it was probably benevolent (the alternative would be pretty mean) and I hoped it might give me a clue as to what it does. It failed, though.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: December 07, 2016, 06:03:53 pm »

There are far too many question marks in this round.

Who else agrees with me?
Me.

Are you No one?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: December 07, 2016, 06:09:03 pm »

Who am I to know who I am?
~~~
I'm calling it: this is a round where the Evil role is the only one without the question mark spam, and has the ability to "play" certain abilities that have a global effect.
A little bit like a sleeping god role.

Everybody: what do you think of my theory? What do you think of the announcement in the day 1 mod post?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: December 07, 2016, 06:13:38 pm »

I'm calling it: this is a round where the Evil role is the only one without the question mark spam,
Sounds reasonable, I guess.

and has the ability to "play" certain abilities that have a global effect.
That's possible, I suppose, though I'm hesitant to jump to "global effects" from a line of card-game flavour.

What do you think of the announcement in the day 1 mod post?
It reminded me of a card game. No real insights, unfortunately.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: December 07, 2016, 06:20:03 pm »

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: December 07, 2016, 06:38:09 pm »

I'm calling it: this is a round where the Evil role is the only one without the question mark spam, and has the ability to "play" certain abilities that have a global effect.
A little bit like a sleeping god role.

Everybody: what do you think of my theory? What do you think of the announcement in the day 1 mod post?

Seems like it, though I'm not sure what you mean. EP was the only one to claim performing an action on N1, and there was one line of question marks implying someone did something... they are also quick to dismiss your theory. This would likely point to him as our baddie.

Tomasque did say a few rounds back that things would only get harder for town though. On the one hand, if all the non-Evil roles don't know what they do, aye, harder. On the other hand, if a non-Evil role who has no idea what their action does, are they going to use it? If the opening post for the day does indicate who performed an action and who didn't, and only the Evil knows enough about their action to use it... that's not at all difficult for Town.

I'm with you on the "Evil is probably the only one that knows their role" but why do you think they have the ability to play abilities that have global effects?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: December 07, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

I did something too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: December 07, 2016, 06:49:06 pm »

Right, so we can dismiss my idea that the day opening post is a summary of the night actions.

Did you discover anything useful?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: December 07, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »

No.  Probably.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: December 07, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

Well... what did you find out?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: December 07, 2016, 07:00:23 pm »

There are far too many question marks in this round.

Who else agrees with me?
Me.

Are you No one?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: December 07, 2016, 07:45:58 pm »

I'll say right now that I am not. Or at least that doesn't fit my question marks, if that's even what one would expect. Which, BTW, was given away far too early. I wish you'd let me get in on the bandwagon with a subtle acknowledgement before giving the game away. Or, to put it another way.

Right to now, in this flap be bromidic, effendi. Enigma. Surreal.
(Too soon have you given back, in to view, hidden persona tableau / fact volcano.)

Just to stake my claim in advance.  I don't even known what else to do right now...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: December 07, 2016, 07:47:28 pm »

hector13: Do you have question marks in your role?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: December 07, 2016, 07:59:15 pm »

hector13: Do you have question marks in your role?

How likely do you think my answer is going to be "no"?

A better question to ask might be how town figures out what it can do. If you have an ability that generates results, then it's pretty clear what your ability does. If you have a role that receives no feedback beyond "action was completed" it's a lot less simple.

Do we effectively waste a night trying to figure that out, in the hopes the Evil role doesn't do bad things, or do we just wing it and hope the Evil role is as in the dark as everyone else?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: December 07, 2016, 08:03:16 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the difference between "figuring it out" and "winging it". I suppose we could coordinate targets—i.e. all target different people—and then say how we'd been affected in the morning, but that'd potentially allow the Evil role to screw up two results (their own, and those of the other person to target the person they actually targeted).
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 237