Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230758 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #3000 on: October 19, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

We would like you to do that.

If you were a clone of me, then you had to choose a day which would then repeat.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: October 19, 2016, 05:10:47 pm »

(@Vishda) For my part, I'd say it's your judgement. I'm inclined to believe there's someone wanting a Paradox, but only because we just had a no-Evil round.  It's a flimsy assumption.  The precedent for these stramge Bonus rounds is slight at best.  (In that one, lynchings changed roles, like only TheBiggerFish claims to have this time round, and I reckon we're all going to be surprised by the reveals yet to come.)

I would like to know (much as Hector has now chimed in) but I was hoping you'd understand the issues before you do expose youself. Knowing whether we can trust Hector and/or Elephant Parade and/or Tomasque's actual game setup being part of that.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: October 19, 2016, 05:56:19 pm »

I will not reveal how my paradox is caused then. This is my power:

(1-shot, n) Déjà Vu: You must use this ability Night 0. Choose a Day. The target day will repeat once it is done. If you would die before that day, that day repeats instead.
Since you will be coming in Day 1, you will be unable to manually use this ability. However, if you are lynched, you will trigger a repeat as usual.

It seems like I am a clone of you then!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: October 19, 2016, 05:57:29 pm »

Also, would this mean Hector is definitely town, as I am, and I am a clone of him?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: October 19, 2016, 06:03:05 pm »

Or you are both not Town and both lying, or this round doesn't even work like that.

Gotta take some of this on trust. Short though that comidity is in supply in this Marathon... ;)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: October 19, 2016, 06:05:27 pm »

Yeah, there is always that possibility, but I will let you judge the alignment for yourself. :)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: October 19, 2016, 06:09:38 pm »

Oh, good grief.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: October 19, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

Are you just posting random stuff to increase your post count?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: October 19, 2016, 06:20:53 pm »

Ok.  Hector (and Vishda) QOE1 is perhaps lower than I was previously thinking.  EP skill (but not motive) possibly confirmed by this. Fish unmoved in my assesment.

Only outcomes I can create on my lonesome, this turn, are NoLynch (by any vote not for EP, or no vote at all) or getting rid of EP on the assumption I can Fix the Paradox that this would trigger in Fallacy's role.

Doing nothing sounds good to me, but if you need me to do something do try to let me know.

PPE: @Vishda: Seems to be a phase TOF2 is going through, outside this thread as well as in.

1 Quotient Of Evil!!!

2 The (Other/Original) Fish ;)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: October 19, 2016, 06:22:04 pm »

It looks like it.

You also appear to have directly quoted the mod... not sure how that's going to play out. It's a very big no-no.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: October 19, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »

Ah shit. Sorry, was I not meant to do that?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: October 19, 2016, 06:28:21 pm »

It looks like it.

You also appear to have directly quoted the mod... not sure how that's going to play out. It's a very big no-no.
Tomasque literally gave approval to quote the mod.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: October 19, 2016, 06:29:13 pm »

Are you just posting random stuff to increase your post count?
No.

That is my reaction to this.

Can we just claim wincons already and make a bloody flowchart or something?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: October 19, 2016, 06:30:13 pm »

*and Paradoxes.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: October 19, 2016, 06:31:43 pm »

(From before this round.)
To answer the question of posting roles:

It's more than halfway through the game, and my roles always follow a structure. Because of that, you guys should know how to make one yourselves, meaning that posting one in thread doesn't prove its real.

So yeah, you can go as far as posting the whole role (or faking a whole role) and I wouldn't care.

But we still have to consider whether Vishda has taken the final para's parenthetical to heart.  (But as Hector's not objecting...  Unless that's because Vishda hasn't gone too far off-message from Hector's desired fakery, and tnus not tied him down in ways not wanted...  ;))
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 237