Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230890 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2880 on: October 09, 2016, 03:08:16 pm »

Okay, I'll try to make it clearer: If, after I use my ability, a certain thing happens, a paradox is caused. I cannot cause that thing to happen. Does that make sense?

Would this thing happen to do with voting?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: October 09, 2016, 03:10:11 pm »

Okay, I'll try to make it clearer: If, after I use my ability, a certain thing happens, a paradox is caused. I cannot cause that thing to happen. Does that make sense?
I don't want to give even the slightest hint at what causes it, since the Evil role would presumably be able to use that information to, y'know, try to cause it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: October 09, 2016, 03:12:16 pm »

Starver:
But I think you have missed or are ignoring the actual point I was making about active paradox prevention, hidden in the statement. As I don't know if I want you to know, I won't press the point.
Well, I -was- rather drunk at the time, so I just didn't pick up on it.  Although even sober I'm still not gleaning anything significant from your early posts.  Either this round has a really weird theme, or you're being much more obtuse than you think you are.

Also how does that squares with the actual paradox triggering skill. Two sides of the same coin, or different coins?  Tomasque can be sneaky like that.
I have no idea what you are saying.

Nine hours, plus a bunch of change? Anyone think it's not a good idea to just sit tight that long? If the bad thing hasn't happened at N0, then possibly preventing it happening in the day is something to be seriously considered, but I'm all for boring if nobody wants that recourse and wants to get to work before N1.
Well, this does seem like a short time period.  I could be convinced that a no lynch might be the best course of action if nothing better comes up.

Elephant Parade:
Woah, what? I'm not quite sure what you're voting me over—you think I'm lying, apparently? I'd appreciate it if you could, y'know, give me something to respond to.

If you want me to go more in-depth on my Paradox connection: I can indirectly cause it, if I use my ability, but it's pretty much out of my control.
Well, you haven't given me much to work with in the first place, so I've got to go with what little is out there.  Hector13 and TBF's posts give me a gut feeling that they may be genuinely against causing a paradox thing.  Starver feels potentially off, but I find it a little of a stretch for scum to come right out and claim to be worried about N0 results.  But not impossible either.  You haven't given me an impression of anything vaguely concrete, which sets off signs of "scum trying to fit in by generally agreeing with what everyone is talking about". 

Of course, now you're claiming something about causing paradox, but that is technically in response to me voting you.  Interesting that you also claim it's largely out of your control, but I get the impression from other players that paradox is something they can more actively cause/prevent.

TBF:
(Three-sided coin? Hmmm...)
Quite possibly four-sided.
Thanks for contributing this keen insight!  Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or YouTube for more thinly-veiled insults!

[oh, now you assholes all decide to start posting at once]

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: October 09, 2016, 03:19:57 pm »

I don't want to give even the slightest hint at what causes it, since the Evil role would presumably be able to use that information to, y'know, try to cause it.
Y'see, I find it hard to believe that three folk can somehow cause the paradox to happen, directly or otherwise. Either you or Shakerag is lying. Convince me it's not you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: October 09, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »

Starver:
blaargh
lol wut?

hector13:

Aww mah gawd, let's just stop pussyfooting around. 

My abilities affect votes. 
My paradox trigger relates to the D1 and D2 lynches. 

If I was a betting man, I'd consider putting a bet on most or all of us having paradox abilities relating to voting/lynches. 
There is also the possibility that there is no scum, and this round is town versus the paradox mechanic.

Y'see, I find it hard to believe that three folk can somehow cause the paradox to happen, directly or otherwise. Either you or Shakerag is lying. Convince me it's not you.
My paradox mechanic is solely based around myself.  I think there are multiple paradox clauses in play.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: October 09, 2016, 03:35:24 pm »

There is also the possibility that there is no scum, and this round is town versus the paradox mechanic.

And that is kind of the rub, I think.  If we can be reasonably sure that it's town vs. mechanics then we can share info and avoid triggering all the paradoxen.

However, if there is some scum/third party who has the goal of getting a paradox to trigger, then sharing info might not be the best idea.

As an aside, how have previous bonus rounds gone in this game, mechanics-wise? 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: October 09, 2016, 03:37:06 pm »

I'm not so sure. Last round everyone was town, and Tomasque has done a pretty good job of not repeating himself throughout.

PPE: the only other bonus round was abased on Undertale, and had folk's roles changing based on certain conditions being met - usually the death of another player.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: October 09, 2016, 03:47:17 pm »

Alright, I've got a suspicion/theory.

Does anyone have a wincon/paradox related to the D1 lynch?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: October 09, 2016, 03:48:52 pm »

You got on at Starver for role-fishing earlier, min. Perhaps just tell us your suspicion/theory?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:53 pm »

You got on at Starver for role-fishing earlier, min. Perhaps just tell us your suspicion/theory?
That would defeat the purpose of my experiment.

no lynch

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: October 09, 2016, 04:41:53 pm »

Tomasque:  Vote count?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: October 09, 2016, 04:52:37 pm »

FWIW, by my reckoning, you revoted nolynch to undo your vote of EP, and that leaves it at just your nolynch, quarter of an hour before D1 end.  But I might have missed something.

N1 approaches, however, and I think I don't have to try to stop things going all inconvenient today. See you on the other side if all is as I suspect.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: October 09, 2016, 04:53:55 pm »

So much I want to claim, but it would be stupid to claim it, especially if certain hypotheses are correct.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: October 09, 2016, 04:54:23 pm »

I'm happy with a D1 no lynch.  I'm not 100% convinced there even is a scumteam, and my earlier vote was more for reaction testing purposes than anything.

So much I want to claim, but it would be stupid to claim it, especially if certain hypotheses are correct.
Ditto.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: October 09, 2016, 04:55:41 pm »

I think too much has been said, actually. But then I should probably shut up about that.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 237