Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230871 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 17
« Reply #2670 on: September 10, 2016, 03:55:58 pm »

FoU

Spoiler: spoiler 'cause big (click to show/hide)

Well then. Let's get started. I'll just purple all the text that's yours in that spoiler...

This might take a while...

[1]: S'pose I know every role in this round parallels a role in the previous round(again I ask you, does your role parallel a role in the previous round?)... now I can see which claim doesn't fit the paralleling as much. Plus, if two people claim their role parallels one role, then we can assume one of them is lying...

[2]: Sacrifices must be made. Besides, it's not going to help them that much if they don't know what the actual roles are, or even which roles are being paralleled... all I asked was "does your role parallel a role in the previous round". Five roles in the previous round, each player's role parallels one of them. One: The scum wouldn't know which roles are being paralleled by which players. And two, the scum still wouldn't know what roles the players even have.

[3]: Asking people questions about their roles can be role fishing... but it depends on the circumstances. This is not a simple game. This is a semi-bastard game. Each round is a puzzle, which must be solved with... role information!

[4]: My role parallels the Ouija Master role in the previous round. I have an auto... and a 1-shot that passes that auto on temporarily(or permanently if I die). Unlike the Ouija Master, my auto is beneficial(unless it's fake), so I'd like to keep it, for the moment at least.

[5]: Uh, why?

[6]: Uh... why?

[7]: See answer [3].

[8]: Since your vote on me was not determined by your night action, my scumminess shouldn't have changed over the night, thus you should have voted me immediately at the start of the day.

[9]: Not for voting me day one, but for your reasons for voting me day one.

[10]: You were not voting me to figure out what I was trying to do. You already knew what I was trying to do, I stated such multiple times. You were voting me to get me lynched.

[11]: The pressure bit makes sense. But I would argue that my little role questions shouldn't have been enough for a lynch vote. See answer [3].

[12]: To put it simply... Voting good. Voting for bad reasons bad.

[13]: Yes, I didn't vote you at the time because I didn't want to be accused by you of OMGUSing you. That was a mistake on my part.

[14]: Actually, I wasn't aware the day was over. Another mistake on my part.

[15]: See answer [8].

[16]: Multiple things can be discussed at the same time.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: September 10, 2016, 03:56:44 pm »

Aye let's get started.

Five minutes before day end ::)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: September 10, 2016, 03:57:29 pm »

Aye let's get started.

See answer [14]. I don't pay attention to the day end times as much as I should.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: September 10, 2016, 04:27:22 pm »

Day ends in 90 minutes, never mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: September 10, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

A joyfully formatted post to reply to. Thanks. Now I have to look in two places to see what you're responding to so I can respond to you properly.

1. Suppose you do. Do you actually? Unlikely. Why would one player be told that the roles are the same as the previous round? That's not OP at all, is it?

2. If the town roles are paralleled, why wouldn't the scum role be? You claim not to have made any actions so far, and nobody is dead. Scum in last game could kill... lightbulb!

3. That's a non-answer. I obviously thought you were in the same circumstances you thought you weren't.

4. I'm sure you do. See 2.

5/6. As scum, would you target a town role you know is inaccurate/unreliable/essentially a VT or someone with a more useful role?

7. Hohoho see 3.

8. Yet you ignore the fact I had something more important to bring to town's attention. Your scumminess didn't change, my attention was brought to something else. Which you ignored, every time I brought it up. I wonder why.

9. You just said you were voting me for not continuing my case on D1 for [8]. Which is it?

10. Why did I ask you questions in an effort to figure out what you were doing then? Initially it was pressure, it ended up as being a lynch vote. As all my votes tend to be.

11. What else should I have been voting for D1 then?

12. I can say with 100% certainty any player during a game is never, ever going to say a reason for voting them is a good reason, unless they're a Jester, give up or are gambiting.

13. Exactly. You're only voting me because I'm voting you. Great play.

14. Convenient.

15. And again, ignoring what I brought up at the day start.

16. Which is why your sole focus this day has been me.

This all boils down to you voting me because I'm voting you. And then not voting you because I was distracted by something more important. You seem to be confused as to what I should be doing.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: September 10, 2016, 05:18:58 pm »

(Please edit down more. You'd be amazed how little sceen I can edit on even with bluetooth keyboard, and when I mess up I can't even ctrl-Z what I just removed, so I have to select all, copy, back out, re-reply, paste and then sort the resulting mashup out from scratch again.)

((Five ninjas...))

That means nothing. Considering that the Evil role has been solo for the entire rest of the game, it makes no sense for scum to offer themselves up like that. You really need to work on this bait thing, methinks...
Pointed missed. But isn't the time to explain.

I was voting FoU D1, so if he is scum, who do you think he's going to target during the night?
And your recalibration upon yourself was at a strange time.

How come you waited this long to ask about something that - from the information you had - you knew was wrong?
I didn't wait through choice. I tried to prime the necessary discussion and jumped in uncomfortably soon, given the lack of useful discussion. (Still haven't had much of it. Even this doesn't count. Sorry. I know you like discussion, usually.)

What uncertainty regarding your role? You can tell if someone is visiting, and thus performed an action on someone, and also tell if another person was visited, and thus had an action performed on them.
Or is the reality that if someone is visiting, I get told that (because of me, though I don't know it) the visit is upon the other target. Too little data to know for sure, with one no-action (and 'blank' secondary result)? Uncertainty. As needed no further explaining. I thought.

Moonlit, who I visited according to your results, doesn't appear to have had anything terribly terrible happen to them, at least as far as they've reported.
Doesn't seem to be the theme for nightkills, so doesn't mean anything.

I would have to assume you know what my action is,
I shall blame my writing rather than your reading, charitably.

That you're neutral and making up nonsense to satisfy your wincon? :P
Not for me to say. I can deny it, but not refute it, and what's the use of one without the other?

Well the only other person you seem to think suspicious beyond me is yourself, and I've already told you what I think of that. What reason would I have for pursuing either Moonlit or TBF over FoU?
I'm not convinced you want a reason. I gave you increasingly low-hanging fruit (now touching the ground... you don't want it now) and you remained fixated.

If I have to pursue them for those reasons, why aren't you?
I'm happy where I am. I took my time and considered and weighed the options. And I'm happy.

How sure are you of the efficacy of these tests?
Based on information given without (too many!) hints as to what I was looking for, fair-to-middling, cheers.

What have they said that is useful?
Things that don't conflict with one subset of assumptions, but rule out an alternate set of assumptions.

Once again, my results could have been manipulated by someone who is not you and is not me. There are three other players in the game, why are you reducing it to just you and I?
Occam. Continuously. Whilst other decision-tree branches got pruned.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: September 10, 2016, 05:22:53 pm »

Aye let's get started.

Still 40 minutes.  11pm GMT,  midnight in my current GMT+1.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: September 10, 2016, 05:28:58 pm »

You edit down too much. There's no context.

There's no point in continuing if you're happy. Evidently I'm not allowed to be happy with my vote, though, else you wouldn't be continuously telling me I'm not voting for you despite your master-baiting. /pun, but also you're a hypocrite.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: September 10, 2016, 05:35:29 pm »

You edit down too much. There's no context.
More than [1] [2] [3]. Haven't even been able to follow that branch of the conversation. Sorry. Still, at least it's not Top-posting..! :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: September 10, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »

That was FoU man, and I'm using my phone. I did say his formatting was shit in a really passive-aggressive ironic tone :P

Normally I'd have a quote of what I'm responding to and what that person responded to from me as context. Not going to do that on my phone at the best of times, never mind when I'm arguing with two people over their stupidity votes. :P

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: September 11, 2016, 10:35:28 pm »

Sorry it's taking so long. End-of-the round posts take a long time, and my internet cut out last night.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: September 11, 2016, 10:38:59 pm »

Protip: maybe not a good idea to gambit when you know nothing of the other players abilities or results.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: September 11, 2016, 11:34:49 pm »

Protip: maybe not a good idea to gambit when you know nothing of the other players abilities or results.
Was that to the other players or to... me???
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: September 12, 2016, 12:12:28 am »

Players of the world.

A commentary on what I did on D2, really.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: September 12, 2016, 08:24:10 pm »

Round Over - Town Wins!

Votecount
hector13 (3) - FallacyofUrist, TheBiggerFish, Starver
FallacyofUrist (1) - hector13
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

hector13 was the Whisperer
Spoiler: Whisperer (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist gets one victory point.
TheBiggerFish gets one victory point.
Starver gets one victory point.
The Moonlit Shadow gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
Money!
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 237