Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230977 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 16
« Reply #2550 on: August 18, 2016, 01:18:20 pm »

Yo.

Fallacy:Why did you visit me last night?

To track you. You took no action that I could detect.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 18, 2016, 01:52:26 pm »

For my part, sounds consistant. 

Ok, my thoughts ('scuse me, but I'm away from my notes at home, butbfrom memory):
Moonlit volunteered having the Watching ability (upon Hector, seeing Fallacy?), N1,before any reason to do so other than actuality.  Moreover, it effectively gets confirmed by Fallacy.  (The ability to gain that knowledge, not the intent, but I can't find a better spin to put on it than take it at face value.)

Fallacy could be lying about the Tracking (possibility that it was something else, especially with Hector's demise). And I still don't like the no-evidence anti-Fish stance.

Fish claims things for N1 I consider to be very wrong. Meanwhile nobody claimed to have visited Fish, and I detected nobody doing so. If my skills are to be believed (e.g. I have not been Hectored into targetting myself, unwittingly) I must further believe Moonlit in this regard, and doubt Fish's misdirection (own, or courtesy of another).

N2, nobody died. Either no intent/ability to repeat Hector's fate on another, or now Hectored to (non-fatally) self-target? Right now, one of my guesses is that my Protection From Visits upon Fish did not stop Hector's skill (as per description) landing on either killer-Fish or the true killer. But that's risky to assume, and it is tricker for anyone but dead Hector or the possibly-afflicted killer to know for sure.

I'm still withholding who I (think I, assuming not Hectored) protected last night, because I think I can help Town more by doing so.

Umm, ninjaed by Moonlit overturning my assumption that it was Watching Hector.  But posting anyway.  Analysing later.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 19, 2016, 08:22:12 am »

Wait, FoU claimed the same ability I have.
Uh... you claimed watch, I claimed track. Right?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 19, 2016, 09:56:30 am »

Technically, I think I coined "Watcher" for Moonlit and Tracker for you, but Moonlit didn't deny it, and rolled with it without complaint.

It appeared that he'd claimed he 'watched' Hector and, from that viewpoint, watched you visiting-to-track.  I was happy with that theory.  Then Moonlit reveals he was 'watching' you.  Tracked you to Hector.

Now confusion reigns.  Would anyone care to ellucidate?

(For my own purposes: a Watcher camps on a target's doorstep and identifies visitors, though not necessarily if/where the target goes in the event they wander. Whilst a Tracker tags onto a target and follows them to see where they go, but wouldn't necessarily know of visitors to them. Right now, you're both claiming Tracker, within the scope of these definitions?)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 19, 2016, 10:15:22 am »

Okay, honestly, I'm confused.  Maybe, maybe I'm reading this wrong.  Maybe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 19, 2016, 11:19:41 am »

Okay:Is this timestamp
August 12, 2016, 12:13:40 am
N1, or N2?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 19, 2016, 11:22:59 am »

For context, here's the timestamp for N1,
Round 16 - Night 1
Moonlit who, insofar as I know, is lying about not visiting me N1...
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 19, 2016, 11:41:08 am »

Okay:Is this timestamp
August 12, 2016, 12:13:40 am
N1, or N2?
That's a text version of the timestamp in your chosen timezone for this forum, unlike...
For context, here's the timestamp for N1,
Round 16 - Night 1
... which displays in mine.

But, best guess (because its within 24 hours, almost any likely way I spin it), that's N1.

Moonlit who, insofar as I know, is lying about not visiting me N1...

Right now, I'm more obvious inclined to believe you've been (game-mechanic) deceived than to utterly throw out Moonlit's statements.  But with a "bounces back on yourself" effect, possibly on someone courtesy of Hector, I've got to seriously consider a Redirector skill as well.  Or are you victim of the known effect, as already postulated? What is your (apparently inactive) purpose, anyway?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 19, 2016, 11:49:45 am »

@Starver:I see (listen for) anyone who visits me.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 19, 2016, 11:50:24 am »

It is ergo not a visiting ability.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 19, 2016, 11:53:03 am »

And can't bounce back or be redirected.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 19, 2016, 11:57:42 am »

u r using 'u's much...
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 19, 2016, 12:36:11 pm »

One claimed self-Watcher.  Two claimed Trackers, unless someone can explain that better.  I claim Protector.  Hector seems to be a one-shot Gaoler, as best I can describe that roleflip...

Protection and Gaoling are counterpart abilities, often found co-operating (potentially). Watching and Tracking are counterpart abilities, ditto. If it is that simple. And if it is that simple, then one claimed Tracker is actually messing us about, and if that's Moonlit, would have been better going along with my Watcher assumption. Which is one point against demoting my initial trust, but enough to overcome the new doubts being raised? *ponder*

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 19, 2016, 05:56:24 pm »

FoU, what did u get from ur night action?

TBF didn't leave his house. If he preformed an action that doesn't require visiting, I dunno though.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 19, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »

And if Watcher/Tracker abilities are combined (according to target behaviour), bang goes two pairings, by the 'simple' reading of the game.

@Everyone, would you feel comfortable outlining your thoughts as to role distributions?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 237