Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230988 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 16
« Reply #2520 on: August 11, 2016, 11:20:29 pm »

Round 16 - Day 2
 Another day dawns, not exactly like the last, but much the same. A little more paranoid. A little less populated.

hector13 was killed in the night!
hector13 was the Ouija Master!
Spoiler: Ouija Master (click to show/hide)

Votecount
FallacyofUrist (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

Not voting: FallacyofUrist, TheBiggerFish, Starver, The Moonlit Shadow

Day ends Saturday, 9:30 PM PDT
              Sunday, 4:30 AM GMT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: August 11, 2016, 11:33:56 pm »

Bollocks to ye's :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: August 12, 2016, 04:13:38 am »

Officially confused.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 12, 2016, 08:56:06 am »

Tracked him. Got a no action result.

Of course, my action only tracks actions that visit other people, so if he did use Command, I dunno.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: August 12, 2016, 11:17:16 am »

It's the only thing I could work out from that roleflip, at least at first.

I have no clue what "any of your visiting abilities" means in context to Hector, although I realised after my other post that it does come to play if, by "Command", the Cursed auto lands on a person already with another skill that does visit. e.g. a protective blocker would end up protecting themself from others, automatically and assumedly irrevocably. (A restraining blocker would assumedly not be able to restrain anyone, henceforth, due to restraining themselves. A killer would not now kill themself, but it would neutralise that kill. etc...)

I think we can assume that the presumed(/now-confirmed?) killer role killed Hector. They do not know if they (or anyone else) is now under Command, at least until they try again... But there are other solutions to that matrix.

So... Fallacy is claiming a tracking ability. Moonlit seems to suggest a watching one. I'd like to hear Fish at least check in before I further unpack my own limited knowledge in this puzzle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: August 12, 2016, 06:57:58 pm »

Tracked him. Got a no action result.

Of course, my action only tracks actions that visit other people, so if he did use Command, I dunno.
You mean something by this?
Yes.

I'd like to hear Fish at least check in before I further unpack my own limited knowledge in this puzzle.
Okay.

TheBiggerFish, get in here.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 13, 2016, 12:30:46 pm »

I'd like to hear Fish at least check in before I further unpack my own limited knowledge in this puzzle.
Okay.

TheBiggerFish, get in here.
Really do want to hear from Fish, because at first I just wanted participation, but now your silence troubles me.

Assuming I've not been fooled/misdirected (and, from your PsOV, I'm not telling porkies), I have very good reasons to believe Fish's absence is not due to any (non-exotic) role-based Silencing action.  (And an exotic version would probably be indicated by an exotic counter-skill in someone else's role, SFAICT. So if anyone else has anything to say..?)

Absence is therefore troubling.  Fish, even if you've nothing to say, waggle a fin. (Go on, vote for me if it is like last time.)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 13, 2016, 02:24:04 pm »

... TheBiggerFish.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 13, 2016, 02:38:02 pm »

I really don't want to go that far. I think you're too eager. No questioning of me, even?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 13, 2016, 02:40:15 pm »

... sure, how about some questions!

Starver: What threshold of lurking will Fish need to pass in order for you to:
A: vote him
and
B:
unpack my own limited knowledge in this puzzle.
~~~
Moonlit: Watcher, eh? Who do you think you're going to watch tonight?
~~~
Fish: Probability of there being a silencing ability in this round, in your opinion?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 13, 2016, 03:04:18 pm »

... sure, how about some questions!

Starver: What threshold of lurking will Fish need to pass in order for you to:
A: vote him
and
B:
unpack my own limited knowledge in this puzzle.

Before you found a bandwagon that I had unknowingly invited to the party, I was quite close.  Once you started demanding Fish "get in here", I've actually become less convinced that we surwly can't have a semi-cloned version of last round's bugbear action.

Which is not to say that I believe you to necessarily be the Evil Silencer.  I've got a theory that might easily exonerate you, but I don't want to go into details yet.

Similarly, item 'b' can actually be triggered by other means, but I don't want to hand-hold anybody (or be accused of interrogating for particular data). I will be happy to justify my conclusions when I have enough of them. But feel free to guess.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 14, 2016, 12:17:59 am »

(Just wondering if I'd reached a conclusion of what to do, then discovered I'm probably 45 minutes too late.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: August 14, 2016, 01:34:23 pm »

Flarfhfhghbl

TMS:You visited me last night.  Why?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 14, 2016, 01:38:23 pm »

The day ended literally more than half a day ago :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 14, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »

Bother.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 237