Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231031 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 15
« Reply #2460 on: August 03, 2016, 05:24:34 pm »

Well Hector could've ended it D2 :/

Thought a scum mistake=town tell.

Could've, decided to go for two though.

I was very lucky.

Thought you had me when TBF voted for a no lynch...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:27:03 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: August 03, 2016, 05:41:39 pm »

Well Hector could've ended it D2 :/

Thought a scum mistake=town tell.

Could've, decided to go for two though.

I was very lucky.

Thought you had me when TBF voted for a no lynch...
I thought I had scum when I voted for no lynch too :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: August 03, 2016, 06:29:59 pm »

For my part,  when I couldn't speak (and was looking for good handles to vote/unvote as a communiction device, but found nonemto my liking) and Moonlight was asking me to talk ("Starver, Id like to speak with you about last night."), it sounded like scum was trying to paint (NPI!) me as guilty-looking.  Then he highlights my predicament ("But I think something might be happening to Starver as he's not here...") and redeems a bit of reputation....

But, Moonlit, you then say things the next day that I thought no sane Town would say.  But, then again,  nor Scum trying to lay low. And I was still thinking that the Garbler (my term) was the person who also knew this, especially as I was still wondering if I was Garbled because I tried to interview Moonlut, so in the absence of any other evidence I took "You see, he thinks I know about the kill and silence because im the one doing it." as some sort of off-the-wall bluff.  (Not that it mattered, by then... It was a purely intellectual exercise on my behalf, being dead and all...)

I'd love to say I picked up something from Hector, but it was swamped by Moonlit's strange involvement. I didn't seriously consider Fish, though (read too true, and rightfully confused) so maybe if I hadn't happened to (sorta) interview Moonlit night zero, I might have been on the money.  But still dead, so,  meh...   (I didn't know I was going to die, so I actually asked to interview Fallacy for night 1, before my obituary actually appeared and put paid to that. Don't know if any warning would have helped, given I'd have probably pointed at Moonlit as my swan-song.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: August 03, 2016, 06:33:04 pm »

so I actually asked to interview Fallacy for night 1,
...reason being, I meant to say, that I was interested in n the purported off-stereotype role of his. But then he died next day, anyway, solving that problem without my help.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: August 03, 2016, 07:08:50 pm »

hector was scum.

Wow, I need more practice with my day game, I was absolutely sure it was Moonlit.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: August 03, 2016, 07:13:39 pm »

Moonlit was the guy I was suspecting more.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: August 03, 2016, 07:15:26 pm »

Gotta ask more questions. There was silence for a lot of this game that could've been used to figure out I was a dirty lying bastard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: August 03, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

I could have indicated my voting-not-speaking state. But any useful contribution I wanted to make was to messages already superceded by something else by the time ai noticed them.

And it would have been mostly either Moonlit, Starver Unvote and perhaps some contextless Unvotes. Never once thought to mention you, Hector, except as a vote-for-each-in-turn-then-Unvote thing.

But I did think it too quiet. Except for when Moonlit was busy looking like a Neutral being neither Town nor Scum.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 04, 2016, 08:04:00 am »

I think it was just that you got a bit too hung up on the fact I voted for a no lynch, then didn't really consider that I was acting as though I had been silenced when the Evil role hadn't acted. TBF needs to ask more questions, really... an example of a quiet town being a dead town.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: August 04, 2016, 08:50:25 am »

No, I was doing that because I thought it gave me the best opportunity to get mah 2 poynts, then TBF gave me a fright with the no lynch suggestion, as I hadn't considered it happening twice :o

This is why I immediately voted you on D3, as I thought you'd figured out what was happening, and would react accordingly. But you were blinded by my awesome town act on D2, so it was okay :))

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: August 04, 2016, 10:25:28 am »

Without seeing what my unsuppressed day-opener reports would have been like, I don't know for sure, but getting me out of the way probably worked well. Not actually because of my (obviously incomplete, in this universe at least) logic and potential personal analysis, that I could have brought to the round had I not been so muffled, but it might still have revealed useful stuff in general, to start thongs off on a better foot. Like Moonlit's precognition, maybe, letting us establish it as something not dodgy.

Luck (or not) of the draw, though. I said as much in my N0 action request to Tomasque, there being nothing for me (nor Hector, also) to go on, any which way.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: August 04, 2016, 10:34:26 am »

I think it was just that you got a bit too hung up on the fact I voted for a no lynch, then didn't really consider that I was acting as though I had been silenced when the Evil role hadn't acted. TBF needs to ask more questions, really... an example of a quiet town being a dead town.
You know what happened, I didn't make the connection.  Even though in hindsight it makes sense.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: August 04, 2016, 02:44:01 pm »

you would've thought i was lying, actually.
No, I thought you were telling the truth, amazingly enough, but I didn't draw the connection.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: August 08, 2016, 06:08:03 pm »

Round 16 - Day 1
 A small neighborhood bathes in the light of the afternoon sun. It's inhabitants, however, do not feel any joy today. Scared, even in daylight, they remain indoors. Only a few brave ones go out to the streets these nights, and fewer return.

Day ends Wednesday 4:00 PM PDT
            Wednesday, 11:00 PM GMT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 16
« Reply #2474 on: August 09, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

(You mean you're not a rampaging battlebot? ;))

Given some rounds have the N0, some do not, and with no obvious (at first) link to the abilities that might end up being performed... It's possible that a D1 start means an actual killing move by whichever faction kind (both?), that can't be allowed to happen too quickly, but I'm not sure I'd bet on that.

Also its unlikely that anyone is silenced (unless its a dawn-skill?), so...  Sound off folks. Then we can start chatting properly.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 237