Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231099 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 14
« Reply #2325 on: July 15, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »

As an addendum, what precludes me from being TBF's controller, too?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 15, 2016, 07:10:38 pm »

In reverse order: what makes you so sure that both Starver and I aren't town?

When did I say you were a controller?

How certain are you that TBF opted to target FoU? That there's no role in the game that could make someone target someone else - overtly or otherwise - when they didn't mean to?

Yes, you do have form for ill-considered votes.

Convenient, isn't it? A hidden auto that we have to take your word on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: July 15, 2016, 07:40:00 pm »

I need some sleep. You need some touchscreen keyboard practice, Moonlit. When I awake I shall try to make sense of everything (including iTurkey, if it has not yet been nuked out of existence) and then I may be comfortable adding my own perspective, but right now I don't know whether I can freely help.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 15, 2016, 08:12:00 pm »

At least say in what order you're answering the bloody questions.

1.uh huh. Igot nothing elae to say. Except praising FoU on being a genius once more.

Exactly. This translates to "Yes, I'm talking shite."

2. OK? So you admit it wasnt an OMGUS?

What? How did... What? No.

3. Well he did, twice.

Oh im an idiot scratch all that. i forgot that TBF can control himself whenFoU doesn't do anytying.

I thought it was Starver that was TBF's controller. Whoops.

4.You said 'how likely is it for me to be a drone and a controlle4'.

No. No...

This is also evidence of your ill-considered logic: I asked you to consider why TBF - who had a wincon that would net him 2 points if he got his CONTROLLER - unvoted you when you said you were a DRONE. How can you be a CONTROLLER - which TBF wants to lynch - when you're a DRONE - of which TBF doesn't give a hoot?

You need me to spell it out for you: TBF unvoted you because you were irrelevant to him.

5.Since there is only 1 town. Wording. Fou agrees with mw this time, so its not just me being bad at englanderino.

So you think the only townie is going to out themselves in a field of non-townies?

He has done it before. But that doesn't mean there's only one townie. There is one town. As in, one collection of players in a game of mafia.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: July 16, 2016, 07:45:14 am »

What we know (assuming nothing Millerish, etc):
Fish prevented votes, for a living. At the bequest of A.N. Other, perhaps some of the time, and was evil.

What is claimed (if I have it right):
Fallacy was action-blocked N1; post-restricted and vote-blocked, D2; Vote-blocked D3 (not silenced, no word on action).
Moonlight was instructed by S.M.N. Else (may or may not share anything with A.N. Other) to silence and/or role-block Fallacy N1/D2+N2/D3 (apparently refused by D3) and silence me D4 (definitely refused, or else I got a pass that I don't know about).

@Moonlit can you restate what you said you did? At least your latest version. Obviously you'll be not wanting to incriminate yourself, but its not as though you haven't got plenty of 'outs' for your behaviour...

I have reason to believe that neither Mr Other nor Mr Else actually have full control, but I don't think it is the right time to go into that detail.

Four Evils makes no sense. There must be one Town for the known Wincon to operate, and apart from the deviation of majority evil needing to survive to win, that would be just alignment mirroring. Or is that it?

No, I think there's two evils and two goods in command/obey pairings (except for a complication?). Either: Sith pair ('dead Sith Lord's Lightsabre' rules of advancement?) and Jedi pair; Evil commands good and vice-versa, or; Subordinates are both Evil, their masters are Good.  There's ramifications for the Wincon in various of those combos, but not without chance of Autos adding fine-tuning.

Oh, yeah, if Fish got the Hand thing, even whilst not being a Hand (a 'hold', instead) then I can no longer accuse Fallacy of making up the Hand Of when there's not a consistant manipulatory naming convention, but you were still too bloody oblivious of the hand-based clues for words... I still don't believe the Hand Of, but that might of course not be scummy.  Nor was the fact that you would have had to try to experiment on yourself, first night, excuse you of being the one that triggered your own repression, by proxy, in one or other of the manners you were repressed. Perhaps more likely if you were(/thought you were) doing it under the auspices of good, though.

Hector I haven't forgotten you, but I don't currently know what to say about you.  Your logic is often impeccable, but that means nothing kuch, either way.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 16, 2016, 08:58:08 am »

@Starver: doesn't help that my phone sucks, too.

1.No, I am telling the truth.

2. You agreed that it was my Ill thought out logic that lead me to voting TBF, and thus not an OMGUS.

3. Nothing to say here...

4. No, you see, I didn't know that TBF was a drone, now did I? I thought he was my controller and had unvoted me because he didn't want to Lynch his own drone.

5. Could be, we're arguing what Tomasque meant now. Which is impossible to be perfectly right. But seeomg an Evil die and the game still continue does help that theory.

You're deliberately misconstruing what I'm saying now.

2 and 4 are the only ones relevant: you OMGUS'd me, not TBF, and TBF unvoted you because you said you were a drone, not because he was controlling you. This is the last I'll say on it. You're wrong and you're scum.

As for 3, there's nothing to say because you forgot what you were claiming. Failure.

How do you expect to win now, bub? You've outed yourself as Evil.

PPE: I thought you had a hidden auto that stops your post-restricting powers.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 16, 2016, 09:39:23 am »

2. I voted you since you're my controller. As i explained already.

3. No, I figured out iwas wrong, and you agreed I was wrong. What did you expect me to say?

I expect to win because I think Starver might be on my side. Or.... I'll be fine with just lynching FoU, the most likely town, and only getting 1 point.

You're wrong on more than one count, btw. Your refusal to look past what you think is happening is what will actually make you lose.

You've admitted that you're not town which means you're the best choice for any townies to vote for, you've accused me of being your controller so - in the hypothetical situation that I'm not town - I have no reason to keep someone who'll stab me in the back alive, as well as the fact you're wrong about me being your controller so your real controller is going to want to end you too.

It could be that the controller is town, but considering TBF had differing wincons re: town and his controller, that seems unlikely.

You've lost, pal. Well done.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 16, 2016, 12:15:03 pm »

But of course, that all hinges on whether you're my controller or not. Which of something you'd never claim to be.

I'm also in the position to know you'll have three votes on you by day end. You'll certainly have at least two:

Firstly, does your controller - me or not - want to risk having someone else getting lynched today knowing you'll be going after them again tomorrow?

Secondly, there's at least one townie - your controller won't be town if TBF's dual wincon is the same as your own - who wants to get rid of the scum.

If I am your controller, your last hope is the remaining player isn't town and is willing to keep the game going by forcing no lynches 'til Tomasque goes mental :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 16, 2016, 01:42:50 pm »

Considering you started the day off voting for who you thought your controller was, I find that an unlikely outcome.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 16, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »

Waitaminute. Moonlit claimed he was the one who blocked me and prevented me from posting?

The Moonlit Shadow. I don't want to be role blocked ANY MORE.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 16, 2016, 03:06:54 pm »

Waitaminute. Moonlit claimed he was the one who blocked me and prevented me from posting?

Is uh... is that all you have to say?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 16, 2016, 03:11:56 pm »

Actually, no. I also want to be able to post.
~~~
NO MORE POST BLOCK
NO MORE ROLE BLOCK

LYNCH MOONLIT NOW FOR NO MORE POST BLOCK OR ROLE BLOCK
~~~
That's basically my thought process. Whoever's controlling Moonlit seems to have it in for me. And I don't like being post blocked or role blocked. So I'm trying to off Moonlit.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: July 16, 2016, 03:18:08 pm »

Is uh... is that all you have to say?
My thoughts, too,  Fallacy still smells funny. I've come up with various reasons why, but I can't exonerate properly with what I've gotten.

In response to ninja, if it wasn't Moonlit's choice, then someone else is your sworn enemy, Hector just went along with it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: July 16, 2016, 03:24:49 pm »

EBWOP: Moonlit, sorry, I should have said at the end there. Haven't made up my mind about Hector, either, but that's a different part of my thought process that crept in.

(I'd actually first written Fish, noticed my error, and corrected it incorrectly.  ;) )

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: July 17, 2016, 10:24:11 am »

So... does anyone above anything to add before the day ends?

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 237