Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231119 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 14
« Reply #2205 on: July 05, 2016, 03:01:34 pm »

Logic is seemingly impeccable, but what then do we do?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 05, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »

We didn't even have N0.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 05, 2016, 05:48:29 pm »

Well then.
How about we ask various questions, then place votes based on the answers we receive?
~~~
Everybody: What do you think this round's flavor theme is? Mechanics theme?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #2208 on: July 05, 2016, 06:01:08 pm »

Seems like the games are getting more and more bastard-like as we go on. Oh dear.
Also, found the relevant quote.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 06, 2016, 12:02:01 pm »

Well then.
How about we ask various questions, then place votes based on the answers we receive?
~~~
Everybody: What do you think this round's flavor theme is? Mechanics theme?
Pretty much, that picture Moonlit posted.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 06, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »

... in words, please?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:00 pm »

Perhaps you could give an example of what you want with what you think? You asked a question to everyone, but it doesn't seem like you want to provide an answer to it. Why is that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 06, 2016, 05:46:35 pm »

Fair enough, mate.

To start with, I have no idea what the mechanics theme is. Not even a clue.

Flavor theme... maybe modern art, based on the opening day post?

Now how about you respond in kind.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 06, 2016, 07:04:17 pm »

Perhaps you can tell us how this is helping us find scum, first. You offered nothing, TBF and Moonlit offered the same thing they offered before.

It appears as though you're just trying to look like you're doing something.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 06, 2016, 07:13:21 pm »

FoU

That's, like...You're missing the VERY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS IN YOUR FACE claims of control/controlled actions.  I don't even how.  Consider this a pressure vote till you have a theory one way or the other.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 06, 2016, 07:59:05 pm »

FoU

That's, like...You're missing the VERY BLATANTLY OBVIOUS IN YOUR FACE claims of control/controlled actions.  I don't even how.  Consider this a pressure vote till you have a theory one way or the other.
Uh... how is posting an image supposed to be a claim?
~~~
Perhaps you can tell us how this is helping us find scum, first. You offered nothing, TBF and Moonlit offered the same thing they offered before.

It appears as though you're just trying to look like you're doing something.
... perhaps because I am doing something?

Anyway... how does this help us find scum?  Honestly, I don't have a clue, but it's something to start with.
Unless you have better ideas?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 06, 2016, 08:30:22 pm »

Why are you wanting people to claim? We didn't all necessarily agree, but we did just finish saying doing so on D1 in a game like this is likely a bad idea.

Could also throw what you said right back at you: how is claiming you know nothing Jon Snow in any way helpful for the town?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 06, 2016, 08:44:39 pm »

Correction: make a guess as to the flavor or mechanics of this round(replace my previous post's word "claim" with that).

Role claiming day 1? Bad idea, yes.

Could also throw what you said right back at you: how is claiming you know nothing Jon Snow in any way helpful for the town?
... it gives the town information?
~~~
Okay, now what, hector? How do we find the scum? If my methods aren't working, what would you recommend?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:55 pm »

What information did you give the town? You basically just shrugged and grunted, yet you're demanding the rest of us answer the question completely.

As for finding scum, we need people to talk. Perhaps Starver would like to interject? What are your thoughts on proceedings? I recall there were a few games in which you were really quiet and turned up scum. What assurances can you give us this isn't the reason for your silence this time?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 06, 2016, 09:20:52 pm »

FoU

Uh... how is posting an image supposed to be a claim?
Who's in control, though?
I don't think they're in as much control as they think.

But I also suspect there's a second controller with complete control.

The question on my mind, most certainly. Is the evil role in control, or do they get to look on and laugh as the town destroys itself?

PPE:
I don't think they're in as much control as they think.

But I also suspect there's a second controller with complete control.

Oh? What about a third controller, who is in more complete control?

This is an odd thing to say, though. Presently pondering on why it raises my hackles so.
Wait, no, that second controller is controlling the first controller: Maybe. And maybe not in the same way...
So.  Can we claim if we've got a controlling action/a controlled action?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 237