Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231152 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 13
« Reply #2160 on: June 29, 2016, 08:06:02 am »

Hopefully sorting out the quotes...
The poke happened each time (no obvious reason to believe anything blocking-related to initiating a non-TDS block, but has to be considered), noticably blocked only upon N0, upon the Blocking Source, never at any other time
What 'non-TDS block'?
It seems, from my knowledge alone, that there's a possibility that there's a blocking (or blocker-blocking?) action that matches nothing so far described.

Moonlit is a strange one, has definitely lied, and said as how he was bocked in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg7061563#msg7061563 yet not ever in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155932.msg7067056#msg7067056 and it's just too strange and confusing.  And not the only one.  But role-discovery seems legit, with but marginal scum-use behind it.  Thoughts from others?
If my role has scum use, why don't you say that to Hector, who also discover's his target's action, not their role?
Utility. Hector, by all accounts including your own, is limited to a lucky counter-target.

One possibility is that your skill is investigative insofar as discovering what skill it is disallowing. N0 you get TDS's skill from him, as he blocks Fish, N1 you get Hector's skill as he Sentinals waiting for me, N2, you get my skill, stopping me from scanning you. But you report it differently.

Right now, I really want to get detail on Fish, to confirm a match with my own alignment check that you readily agreed with, but I don't think that's going to happen this side of a fuller reveal.

I wasn't blocked, but lied about that so I could question Hector (Or else he would've easily evaded my questions).
Silly move. Which isn't to say that I haven't done similar.

But, right now, it's the desperation in your arguments that is making me happier to have voted you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 29, 2016, 10:43:35 am »

I do believe the day ended not quite 7 hours ago.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 29, 2016, 10:56:28 am »

I do believe the day ended not quite 7 hours ago.
>:(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: June 30, 2016, 01:22:46 pm »

Sorry. I haven't been able to get to a computer for a while, but now I can. Expect an update soon.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 30, 2016, 02:02:18 pm »

Round Over - Town Win!

Votecount
Hector13 (0)
TheDarkStar (1) - The Moonlit Shadow
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow () - Starver, hector13, TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar

Not Voting:

The Moonlit Shadow was the Doppelgänger
Spoiler: Doppelgänger (click to show/hide)

hector13 gets one victory point.
FallacyofUrist gets one victory point.
Starver gets one victory point.
TheBiggerFish gets one victory point.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 30, 2016, 02:06:05 pm »

gg lads and lasses.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 30, 2016, 02:07:11 pm »

Wow, that was just...Wow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 30, 2016, 02:08:00 pm »

So... what was with the poke, Tomasque?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 30, 2016, 02:13:11 pm »

Well, I was right about multiple blockers...  ;)

(Also three investigative roles, in actuality, although only two were 'official'.)

I think you could have been subtler, Moonlit, and not so jumpy-around, but you disguised your role well despite this. It was niggles, only, that nearly (then actually) had me voting for you. Subtly different interactions would definitely have kept me believing you as allied.

@Hector: just a poke, it seems.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 30, 2016, 02:14:10 pm »

I'd also like to give a big thank you to TDS for substituting for FoU this round. If I ever have an open spot again, he'll be the first one I ask.
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 30, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »

Me and thee were Hectorised, D1, IIRC.   I held back because the marathon model seems to like scumkill-by-mislynch often enough for me to not so much rush to roleflip possible townies.

That means I'm left with three suspects, one now less suspicious than before, another more suspicious than before and the mysterious third who I suspect to be Neutral (but isn't the person I long thought to be neutral, nor necessarily certainly so even now) but I need an attempt at explanation from TDS to swing me one or the other or (possibly) the other. And I can wait.

(And I keep getting Ninjaed. 4, then 4, now 3.)
Oh.

I see now.

I wonder how I didn't see this before.

...Ok... am I thinking this through too deeply?

I trusted you, Starver. And... you're a smart guy.

Very smart.

(This message didn't help, it made me receptive to your flip-flopping, although it's obvious in hindsight that you're at that pount setting me up for a fall.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 30, 2016, 02:20:53 pm »

What WAS with the poke?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 30, 2016, 02:21:34 pm »

Also, what clued me in to Moonlit:He kept going after TDS on a technicality that didn't even make sense.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 30, 2016, 02:21:48 pm »

So... what was with the poke, Tomasque?
What WAS with the poke?
I have to thank Jack AT for that idea: He had a similiar "marking" ability that he gave me in one of his games.

However, there is some utility to this ability, and there are 3 reasons why I had in in the game:

1. It can be used as a possible "proof" that you are an innocent role. A hard sell, but beneficial if pulled off.
 2. It causes chaos if acquired by the Doppelgänger. When suddenly half the players are poked in one night, they'll be a lot of discussion about it in the morning.
 3. It can lead to the reveal of the Doppelgänger. If people realize that all the players who's pokes were unaccounted for visited the same person, it could lead to chain reaction that will end with a lynching - or at least a spirited discussion.
Money!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 30, 2016, 02:22:29 pm »

Yup, TDS, you did well with an inexplicable role.  You were top of my list of potential bad-guys several times, but sufficiently descummec yourself before I acted on it.  Now if you had been Scum, it'd have been even more to your credit...  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 237