Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231235 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 13
« Reply #2055 on: June 25, 2016, 09:16:21 am »

I'd like to hear those ideas, if you don't mind.
The 'best' ideas were rather based towards you not wanting anyone to know about them (e.g. infecting/innoculating actions), and wanting to hide behind apparent ignorance would have been your best bet for doing what you do. But if you're wanting to discuss it, it cettainly isn't (unless through bluff?) your known effect...

Then we (further) enter territory where I don't want to give any more clues to a bad guy about what actions would be wisest for them. Frustrating, but as I'm heavily in a quagmire of confusion I'm not too concerned that I'm witholding solutions from Town, either.

@Hector, you are a investigator role, more like. It's a multi-investigator game, most certainly. I know I considered visiting you, but don't remember being explicitly asked to do so. I felt like I had to go elsewhere, though.

If you're right about yourself, I think the usefulness would have limited without other results first. I'm not sure I chose as well as I might, but there's likely a worse sequence.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 25, 2016, 09:21:08 am »

Ah well.

Visit me tonight, big boy aye?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 25, 2016, 10:19:19 am »

So everyone has claimed except Starver. I think that tells us something very important.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: June 25, 2016, 10:31:51 am »

@Moonlit: if teh part I think yuo mean then that's alraedy in mind.

@TDS: Nope.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 25, 2016, 11:03:56 am »

....what the carp is going on here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 25, 2016, 12:47:55 pm »

Moonlit hasn't claimed has he? Where are all the claims so far TDS?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 25, 2016, 12:54:49 pm »

Also, 2 hours left guys; if you can vouch for Starver, Moonlit, you don't want him lynched, methinks.

Unless one of them is neutral and the other scum.

Perhaps Teeds is the evil role, and all this blocking is so he can't be investigated... What say you to that, DarkStar?

I think we need a claim from Moonlit and Starver, please. The traditional 3 day limit means we can at least debunk fakeclaims on D3 with a full claim today.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 25, 2016, 03:47:15 pm »

I have a mostly useless action, no investigative power, and little other information to work from.  Is it any surprise I'm not being much help?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 25, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »

...Fine.

I'm an Investigative role. I follow my target and see what they do that night. I am unroleblockable.

Starver's also an Investigative, and maybe something else. He sees his target.

TBF is being unhelpful, but Starver cleared him (unless me+Starver were deceived... could be...). He hasn't done much of anything...

@Starver, you sure about TBF?
Surer than at the start, although there's oddness in Fish's daytime talk that I'm hesitant about.  As in I thought I was wrong to be paranoid about being paranoud, but maybe I was wrong about being wrong and I was actually right to start with.

But, on balance, I think Fish is Ok. I have more 'verified' information about Fish than anyone else, including yourself, and I've got to stick with it until proven otherwise.  But there's no opposing info to definitely suggest a villain, from the rest of you. Just Fish is likely not to be (or playing a blinder, with fortuitously co-conspiring game setup). Even after considering the possoble combinations of both little white and great big black lies inevitably being spouted by at least one of our number.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 25, 2016, 05:11:05 pm »

I do believe the day ended 2 hours ago (Saturday 1pm PDT) so... I think Moonlit's TBF vote was late, and 3 posts of lateness too. I have been wrong before though so... bugger.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 12
« Reply #2065 on: June 26, 2016, 05:54:10 am »

Round 13 - Night 2
 Another day passed and still nothing was found. No one asked the unspoken question, but everyone looked for the answer. Had they failed? Had the evil among them become undetectable? Was it even possible to succeed anymore? No one knew, and so they hoped. Perhaps that was all that was left to do.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 12
« Reply #2066 on: June 27, 2016, 04:14:57 am »

Round 13 - Day 3
 The town was quiet. Only one thing mattered now.

Day ends Wednesday, 2:00 AM PDT
             Wednesday, 9:00 AM GMT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 27, 2016, 04:53:03 am »

Right. That's my assumptions up the swanee. I was blocked. I was also poked. Which doesn't bode well for any of my theories, save that Fish does not block (which I think we already knew).

Someone needs to explain the block, which is now not around TDS.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: June 27, 2016, 06:48:02 am »

Nuh-uh. TDS is the blocker, and he was the entire time.

I visited him last night. And he blocks everyone if he's visited.
I was not blocked N0, when Fish visited him (so its not an area effect triggered by any visit) and I was blocked last night when I didn't visit him (even if you did, it shouldn't have affected me if not an area affect). Also Fish poked Hector, N1, whilst I triggered/targetted TDS, making a ramped-up ability less than likely.

If TDS is sole (and singularly) blocking role, it must be a targettable, one way or another. Assuming no-one has heen lying, a 'protect block' was targetted over TDS, TDS again and then you, or a 'prevent block' over Fish, me and then me again.  This does not need to have been TDS except for the ready original claim.

Unless I'm very much mistaken (or Tomasque was!) there's multiple blocking skills. Perhaps one protect and one prevent, to go along with our (if I can trust you) different investigative abilities and/or whatever it is Fish actually does.

But there's some rather clever lying (or fortuitous abilities, hidden or otherwise) going on that has sent me down dead-end assumptions. I congratulate you, sir/madam, on your fortuitous pandering to my wild imaginations.

Has anyone else found it strange that there has been no kills?
Not given the variety of scumwin conditions in this marathon. Mislynches have been a major (if not the only!) mechanism in ensuring both evil and neutral wins, previously. Hence why I was looking to be sure, rather than lashing out wirh a lynch.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 27, 2016, 07:19:27 am »

That doesn't parse, for me. I'll have to come back to it later.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 237