Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231327 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1710 on: May 07, 2016, 10:15:51 pm »

so basically when your beloved dies you do too?
Maybe. It didn't say in the role...

FoU, no vote. How does that help the town?
It probably doesn't. But I'm not willing to risk lynching my beloved or lynching the Evil role and thus ending the game.

Why is it[voting day one aggressively] suddenly scummy now? Poor word choice?
I would say it's not. Of course, the scum wants to lynch town too... so it's not necessarily a town tell either.

Unless, of course, FoU is willing to put his money where his mouth is and vote Moonlit?
So here's how it is. Moonlit isn't my beloved(thank you for letting me in so I could check), so the only thing I have to risk is if he's the Evil role and lynching him ends the game. So I'd only be willing to risk lynching him if I think he's town.

Do you want me to lynch town?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 07, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »

Tomasque: Does the round end when Town or Evil win, or when all wincons have been resolved one way or the other?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 07, 2016, 10:33:32 pm »

Why is it[voting day one aggressively] suddenly scummy now? Poor word choice?

That is not what I said, nor what I did. I was urging you guys to vote aggressively on D1, because actually having people vote gives us a basis for action on D2, plus the information from the flip to factor in.

I've shared my thoughts regarding this many times over the course of this game, so I'm curious why it factors into Moonlit's scum read of me now. It should actually be a null tell, since I'm going to be telling you guys to do it whether I'm town, neutral or scum. Heck, the game in which we were in the car I was neutral and I was getting on the town's ass about not voting.

As for whether or not I want you to lynch town, FoU, the answer is no. However, your reads don't factor into how I read other people, because you're just as fallible as I am, and you've claimed a different wincon. I may take your voting pattern into account, but then we get to the thing about NOBODYVOTING so it doesn't matter.

I think Moonlit is scum, and would quite like to lynch him. Otherwise I'd like to lynch you, FoU, as that is guaranteeing a removal of a (potentially) anti-town wincon.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 07, 2016, 10:35:49 pm »

Tomasque: Does the round end when Town or Evil win, or when all wincons have been resolved one way or the other?

Looks like you may have a neutral wincon too, brah. If FoU's beloved wins, he wins if he discovers them, otherwise he loses.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 07, 2016, 10:36:49 pm »

No, that was a general question.  I was asking it because FoU, actually.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 07, 2016, 10:46:28 pm »

Game ends when town or scum win. FoU's wincon doesn't matter beyond that (in terms of when the game will end)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 07, 2016, 11:02:28 pm »

Ehhh, where does it say that?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 07, 2016, 11:06:17 pm »

... FoU's claimed wincon? He wins if he discovers his beloved and his beloved wins. This means that his beloved can win before he discovers them. Which means the game will end without consideration of whether or not he's met his claimed wincon.

How is this line of questioning helping you find scum?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 07, 2016, 11:07:53 pm »

Exceptions aside, once either the Town or Scum wincon is completed, the game ends.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15:13 pm »

Exceptions aside, once either the Town or Scum wincon is completed, the game ends.
Well that was somewhat unhelpful.

... FoU's claimed wincon? He wins if he discovers his beloved and his beloved wins. This means that his beloved can win before he discovers them. Which means the game will end without consideration of whether or not he's met his claimed wincon.

How is this line of questioning helping you find scum?
I freely admit that it isn't really helping.  But nevertheless, it needed clearing up.

Anywho.

Dang it, I can't think of a half-decent question.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 07, 2016, 11:18:08 pm »

Who are you suspicious of and why?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 08, 2016, 01:27:11 am »

Quick placeholder to say that I've just woken up, after a tiring day, yesterday, and my head hitting the pillow straight after I got back. (Pity this latest batch of conversation didn't happen 24 hours prior - I had plenty of time then.)

Gonna take half an hour to assimilate what I've just skimmed through, some of which changes my pre-formed worldview quite a bit. I'd rather not be credulous, what with being (deliberately?) misled, but looks like some weirdness.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 08, 2016, 03:36:59 am »

Okay, got through it properly.

Revealing my status seems counterproductive, given the strange claims so far that seems to include more than one untruth in them, from what I think I know. Perhaps, though, I might change opinions before EOD.

Could I get clarification from Fallacy and Moonlit about visitations. Did Fallacy (rudely) visit Moonlit seeking his beloved, or did Moonlit visit Fallacy asking (rudely rebuffed) questions? Or both happened??

Not a FoS of either party, that.  It just would help me narrow down who else is wandering around, at night.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 08, 2016, 08:34:59 am »

FoU is not very town-friendly in any case.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 08, 2016, 08:44:11 am »

FoU is not very town-friendly in any case.
I know I defended FoU against Hector's vote, but I've got an off-the-wall theory about his interactions. A long shot, and I don't know that I'd risk all on that, today, even if is the best of a bad lot of ideas. Not even to save me.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 237