Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231411 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 9
« Reply #1545 on: April 24, 2016, 01:58:32 pm »

Hope he's quick, day ends in 6 hours.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 24, 2016, 02:12:48 pm »

Don't rightly care what you want me to do, sunshine. I'm voting for you or Starver, whichever one is more likely to get lynched.

Like, don't be trying to disenfranchise me, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 24, 2016, 02:28:59 pm »

...But the Orb is passed around.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 24, 2016, 02:38:48 pm »

You "revealed" an important fact about the town, and narrowed the search down for the scum to find it, and said you gave it to Starver. I also can't rule out there's more than one scum, or anti-town thing going on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 24, 2016, 02:39:52 pm »

You can't rule out that he might've lied, hector.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 24, 2016, 02:49:40 pm »

That also entered my thoughts. It's scummy however you look at it, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 24, 2016, 03:34:07 pm »

If you were town, why would you let the scum know there was such an important item as the law orb and who you gave it to?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 24, 2016, 03:53:54 pm »

Y'see, that's the fing. We don't know you started with the orb and handed it off to Starver; Starver could permanently hold the orb and you guys need to keep it safe, so you've said that killing the person who holds it makes it disappear.

Your first post, for example. You ask TBF if he has the orb. Why do that if you control where it goes?

Then when TBF says he needs to hold it, you tell Starver and I to take note of it - which, after all your revelations, tells me you know who your buddy is, but you don't have a QT with Starver, so you have to give vague not-quite-specific warnings in the thread.

But you can't just come out and say "oi Starver, you need to worry about TBF!" so you need to make it seem believable that your night action is handing off the orb, and you conveniently forgot who you "gave" it to, so you don't throw too much shade your partner's way.

You also say multiple times that you're not going to say what it does, right up until Starver confirms me as town, when you tell us that it's an investigation role. Town don't want to lose possibly the most useful role they can have, do they?

Perhaps you lose if the law orb is on someone who gets lynched. Perhaps it's not as useful to town as you suggest. Law doesn't mean justice, after all...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 24, 2016, 04:37:54 pm »

@Starver: Confirm?
Confirming Hector as neutral.  Hector can still help himself,  from the wincon,  and Ivll gladly help Hector help himself another day,  but Ididnvt want to see hm helping himself today,  at theexpense of Town,  which is is how I have been reading it..

And if I explained more,  Hector,  it may be tbatnobody would help you at all,  as you know...  Play straight,  though,  and maybe I can help us all on another day.  You know what I mean by that. And thatvs why I think youvre better off letting me get you and Town through the night,  youvll be able to help us tomorrow and if I can give you what you want,  I will.  Assuming that others aren't already so inclined to do so,  by accident...

And given Ivm ruling out Hector for lynching,  unless another day gives me reason,  Moonlit is ultimate source of this k owledge so likely cleared and Ivm not yet sure if itvs terribly good or terribly bad to lynch Fish,  potentially leaving Fallacy on the other side of the equation,  that is my rational for a novote,  as of the above message.  It may change. Before nighttime.  Others are free to show their own hands,  to potentially alter my thoughts on this.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 24, 2016, 05:03:09 pm »

FoU, for inactivity.

Hector, I'd like you to move your vote.
Thatvs actually compelling,  in a meta way.  If Hector bears in mind my suggestion,  above,  and. wants to stop obvious baiting,  to swap to FoU for a better reason then any other Ive seen him come up with yet,  Ivdbetempted to join in. Getting lucky on Fallacy (I don't think there's cause to believe it will happen,  so worth the flip of a coinl would end things,  and not everyone would like that,  but if the role our dice rolls comez up as Fallacy being Town Weak (which by my reckoning is the likeliest 'bad'  conclusion to this excercise)  then we have a night and a day to sort it out.

With the result I imagine wil happen tonight,  Hector may even usefull benefit directly from the overnight actions,  and Ivm saying this so that this may come to pass. .  Either way,  if you get to give useful information,  day 2 might ght not end the game but good thibgs happen and then Day3 wins well for thw town,  even if Ivm not there to see it.

But Fallacyvs participation would temper that.,  I hasten to add,  after all that thinkng aloud.  But as long as your wincon is as townie as mine you might find it useful (if confusing)  (and badly "typed",  sorry).,  regardless.

Just my main thoughts,  though. And unanticipated roles could make things go /really/ badly,  naturally.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 24, 2016, 05:21:04 pm »

I'm not lynching a lurker on D1. Don't be stupid. You lurk all the time, are you scum all the time?

If you can't come up with anything better than that as an argument, you're on your own.

You clear Moonlit because he gave you the orb? Foolish. You trust what the orb tells you? Foolish. Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 24, 2016, 05:23:56 pm »

Extend, I say. I believe that more time to talk is hardly ever a bad thing.
Now I've got reading to do.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 24, 2016, 05:24:24 pm »

Extend

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 24, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »

That's a D2 question,  when we see what's overnight.  Perhaps then we can judge you on your hypocracy rgarding voting foe/not voting for lurkers,  understand? If relevent.  Other things could happen overnight,  and you'll probably get an eyeful,  if that's how it works.

Off grid,  shortly,  but Ivll try to be back before day-end to see if you're seeing the logic and helping Town the only way I can see being useful,  with the current infoemation.

Don't count on being able to shortcut it by just rubbishing me and dealing with the consequences.  (That's probably what you're thinking,  right now.)

PPE: extending would work for me,  unless it's just the same godawful hour as it is before extension...  ;)   But I shall see what Fallacy says in a couple of hours,  if not immexiately.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 24, 2016, 05:37:39 pm »

I wasn't voting for a lurker, in the sense that wasn't the reason I was voting for you. I was voting for someone that is being supported by the person I think is scum.

Moonlit says the law orb disappears when the person holding it dies, and he needs it to win. I think it's a sensible move to lynch you, the person he says holds the orb, so that he loses.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 237